TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Party of 15" car for sale

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the original "Party of 15" cars is for sale. If you are seriously interested or know some one who is, PM me. I will forward your info to the Owner.

Thanks!

Might help sale when we find out how many 40th were made?

How about we all meet in Vegas Feb.when we finally have ours in the registry?

Todd

Might help sale when we find out how many 40th were made?

How about we all meet in Vegas Feb.when we finally have ours in the registry?

Todd

I'm not in the Party of 15 but I do think these 40th's are very special.

Best of luck to the person selling.

Okay... can I ask the newb question? What is the "Party of 15"?

In the very beginning of the GT500, Shelby announced that they would take 1,000 GT500's and make a very special 40th Annivesary Package. (This was later lowered to 500, then 300) The 40th Anniversary package was the first post title package that Shelby offered on the new GT500. This was BS. (Before SuperSnake). Almost all spots or at least many of the40th Anniversary numbers were taken. Then, the SuperSnake announcement. There was a huge build up to the announcement of the SuperSnake and a day and time were set for ordering. It was incredible to witness. People were going nuts. Deposits and numbers were allowed to be transfered to the SS post title program. Most of the 40th spots did change to a SuperSnake, leaving the 40th Anniversary package one of the lowest production runs in any Shelby program. Shelby does not acknowledge the 40th Anniversary package much so we refer to ourselves as the "step children in the attic"

In any event, the 40th program went on and was ahead of the SS program. In fact, the first SuperSnaked performance cars were actually 40th Anniversary cars. 605 TVS to an owner in LA, and the 725 to an owner in TX. Anyway, 15 cars were invited back to SA in Las Vegas to pick their cars up in November 2007. This event was the first time in the history of Shelby that 15 owners picked their cars up at the factory on the same day. It was a big deal for both the owners and the Shelby employees. The shop was closed, a party was held, cakes were made with pictures of the cars, special goodie bags made up, posters of the cars were given to the owners (their own cars) and then and still to this day were sold in the Shelby Store in LV. Plenty of face time with Amy Boylan, President, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, and the wrenches who built your car. Most important, Carroll Shelby was there to congratulate each owner and he personally sat in their cars and autographed the dash or whatever the owner wanted. Some had Carroll and or Amy handing them their car keys in front of their cars for a once in a lifetime photo op. After the signing, a huge party, (can you say Carroll Shelby Chili) and adult beverages.

Carroll overheard one of the owners talking about the "investment" he made by buying this car and what his car would be worth in the future. Carroll gave the best advise ever to the group. He said (paraphrase) "The value of your cars is not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the value of your cars is in the enjoyment and memories you make driving them today."

Some of the 15 are garage queens, some regular drivers, some occasional drivers, and 2 are tracked with over 10,000 each on the circuits. Carroll's advise, priceless, I own one of the tracked cars.

With one of these 15 cars, you get a small piece Shelby History.

Two people made this happen. John Allen (owner) and John Walker.(Shelby employee) Many others helped, but these two were the movers and shakers. Thanks John and John.

cobrafan

#3 of the party of 15

In the very beginning of the GT500, Shelby announced that they would take 1,000 GT500's and make a very special 40th Annivesary Package. (This was later lowered to 500, then 300) The 40th Anniversary package was the first post title package that Shelby offered on the new GT500. This was BS. (Before SuperSnake). Almost all spots or at least many of the40th Anniversary numbers were taken. Then, the SuperSnake announcement. There was a huge build up to the announcement of the SuperSnake and a day and time were set for ordering. It was incredible to witness. People were going nuts. Deposits and numbers were allowed to be transfered to the SS post title program. Most of the 40th spots did change to a SuperSnake, leaving the 40th Anniversary package one of the lowest production runs in any Shelby program. Shelby does not acknowledge the 40th Anniversary package much so we refer to ourselves as the "step children in the attic"

In any event, the 40th program went on and was ahead of the SS program. In fact, the first SuperSnaked performance cars were actually 40th Anniversary cars. 605 TVS to an owner in LA, and the 725 to an owner in TX. Anyway, 15 cars were invited back to SA in Las Vegas to pick their cars up in November 2007. This event was the first time in the history of Shelby that 15 owners picked their cars up at the factory on the same day. It was a big deal for both the owners and the Shelby employees. The shop was closed, a party was held, cakes were made with pictures of the cars, special goodie bags made up, posters of the cars were given to the owners (their own cars) and then and still to this day were sold in the Shelby Store in LV. Plenty of face time with Amy Boylan, President, Gary Davis, Gary Patterson, and the wrenches who built your car. Most important, Carroll Shelby was there to congratulate each owner and he personally sat in their cars and autographed the dash or whatever the owner wanted. Some had Carroll and or Amy handing them their car keys in front of their cars for a once in a lifetime photo op. After the signing, a huge party, (can you say Carroll Shelby Chili) and adult beverages.

Carroll overheard one of the owners talking about the "investment" he made by buying this car and what his car would be worth in the future. Carroll gave the best advise ever to the group. He said (paraphrase) "The value of your cars is not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the value of your cars is in the enjoyment and memories you make driving them today."

Some of the 15 are garage queens, some regular drivers, some occasional drivers, and 2 are tracked with over 10,000 each on the circuits. Carroll's advise, priceless, I own one of the tracked cars.

Two people made this happen. John Allen (owner) and John Walker.(Shelby employee) Many others helped, but these two were the movers and shakers. Thanks John and John.

cobrafan

#3 of the party of 15

All from party was documented.

SCAN0085-1.jpg

LasVegasShelbySema35.jpg

LasVegasShelbySema40.jpg

LasVegasShelbySema67.jpg

SHELBYPARTY004.jpg

LasVegasShelbySema25-1.jpg

"The value of your cars is not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the value of your cars is in the enjoyment and memories you make driving them today."

That is the best statement I've ever heard about a Mustang and it needs to become my personal motto. It's been my personal lifestyle since I got my first new Mustang in 1970. My present Shelby is my daily driver. Let the next guy worry about originality, restoration, and value. :shift:

"The value of your cars is not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the value of your cars is in the enjoyment and memories you make driving them today."

That is the best statement I've ever heard about a Mustang and it needs to become my personal motto. It's been my personal lifestyle since I got my first new Mustang in 1970. My present Shelby is my daily driver. Let the next guy worry about originality, restoration, and value. :shift:

Right on Bill!

cobrafan

#3 of the party of 15

I guess the party of 15 are the BS 40th's!! :hysterical: Great post Don. Count me in as one of the 40th cars that sees track time.

Thanks Don for the acknowledgment!! As you and the other 13 know, it was quite a challenge to pull off a "party" that had never been done before, and since. I envy you Owners who have driven and enjowed your cars to the fullest, I really do. Me -- I'm content knowing I have #1 of the 15 and it is still a "virgin" and never been driven, titled, or registered with any governmental agency. I look at it every day in my garage and think to myself and know it is a one of a kind and it's mine. Some may not understand, but that feeling is as good to me, I'm sure as your feeling is to be burning up asphalt on a track. I have no illusions that I will ever see a huge monitary value out of my car. May be my kids or grandchildren will, who knows. But the enjoyment for now is mine as your is yours. The "Party" was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I'm sure for the other 13 as well.

Take care to all,

John

I guess the party of 15 are the BS 40th's!! :hysterical: Great post Don. Count me in as one of the 40th cars that sees track time.

Speaking of tracked copies...here's VIR TrackDaze last August. Fightin with the dam Pirellis for 2 days. Got me some NT01 stickies for the stockers this year...

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/jhe12345/trakdaze%20aug%202010/?albumview=slideshow

cobrafan

#3 of the party of 15

It was a great time that started a lot of great friendships. The Party was a lot of fun! And don't forget that Jenni Shreves had a lot to do with this!

Seems like I might know that other car that has seen a lot of track time!

500-Vert

#6 of the 15

Speaking of tracked copies...here's VIR TrackDaze last August. Fightin with the dam Pirellis for 2 days. Got me some NT01 stickies for the stockers this year...

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/jhe12345/trakdaze%20aug%202010/?albumview=slideshow

Hey Flyboy let us know how you like the NT01's. Have fun! :shift:

Thanks for the schoolin'! Very interesting chapter in Shelby history.

So if I understand it right... and don't let my minimal vocabulary belittle or lessen this very unique group in any way... but if I understand this correctly, there are numerous (or at least more than 15) 40th anniversary non-SS editions, but when Shelby decided to "trump" the 40th with the SS, they offered the "consolation" of joining the club of 40th owners for a party and celebration of the cars that decided not to go forth with the SS package? Am I understanding that correctly? And again, please forgive/correct me I miss used any words in there. I don't want to take anything away from the group, just want to better understand what created this segment of cars.

Or are their actually only 15, 40th non-SS cars?

Thanks for the schoolin'! Very interesting chapter in Shelby history.

So if I understand it right... and don't let my minimal vocabulary belittle or lessen this very unique group in any way... but if I understand this correctly, there are numerous (or at least more than 15) 40th anniversary non-SS editions, but when Shelby decided to "trump" the 40th with the SS, they offered the "consolation" of joining the club of 40th owners for a party and celebration of the cars that decided not to go forth with the SS package? Am I understanding that correctly? And again, please forgive/correct me I miss used any words in there. I don't want to take anything away from the group, just want to better understand what created this segment of cars.

Or are their actually only 15, 40th non-SS cars?

We believe there are somewhere between 200-300 40th Editions. Of those, I'm guessing maybe 50 or so got SuperSnaked. The Party was no consolation of any kind. Our feeling as step children came much later. Though we have always been proud that the 40th Package showed SAI they would indeed have an aftermarket for modifying Shelby's. It was the litmus test for the SS effort.

To be clear - and not to confuse - there are a few different reasons you'll see "40th" on a new Shelby.

1) any given GT500 owner that has puchased "40th" badges (essentially any 2007 could be considered a "40th" anniversary car, though not the package produced by SAI)

2) a 2008 GT500KR will have "40th" badges as this is the 40th anniversary of the 1968 GT500KR (a 2009 GT500KR will not have a 40th badge)

3) a 2007 SuperSnake may or may not have a "40th" badge on the front grille - it was an option for those buyers.

4) an actual 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary Edition Shelby.

We believe there are somewhere between 200-300 40th Editions. Of those, I'm guessing maybe 50 or so got SuperSnaked. The Party was no consolation of any kind. Our feeling as step children came much later. Though we have always been proud that the 40th Package showed SAI they would indeed have an aftermarket for modifying Shelby's. It was the litmus test for the SS effort.

To be clear - and not to confuse - there are a few different reasons you'll see "40th" on a new Shelby.

1) any given GT500 owner that has puchased "40th" badges (essentially any 2007 could be considered a "40th" anniversary car, though not the package produced by SAI)

2) a 2008 GT500KR will have "40th" badges as this is the 40th anniversary of the 1968 GT500KR (a 2009 GT500KR will not have a 40th badge)

3) a 2007 SuperSnake may or may not have a "40th" badge on the front grille - it was an option for those buyers.

4) an actual 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary Edition Shelby.

Huh... we'll that's not confusing!! :confused: LOL... and again, consolation was the wrong word to use. I didn't mean any disrespect. But I'm still a little foggy on what the "criteria" was to be part of the 15... why did this even take place? What was the motivation? Was this invite sent to ALL 40th 07 owner's and only 15 accepted? Did you have to pay for it? Was it a "package" added to the car, or simply an event that these particular cars were blessed to be a part of?

Envision a 4 year old tugging at your pant legs saying,"WHY?, WHY?, WHY?"... that's me on this topic!! :yup:

School me some more...

Huh... we'll that's not confusing!! :confused: LOL... and again, consolation was the wrong word to use. I didn't mean any disrespect. But I'm still a little foggy on what the "criteria" was to be part of the 15... why did this even take place? What was the motivation? Was this invite sent to ALL 40th 07 owner's and only 15 accepted? Did you have to pay for it? Was it a "package" added to the car, or simply an event that these particular cars were blessed to be a part of?

Envision a 4 year old tugging at your pant legs saying,"WHY?, WHY?, WHY?"... that's me on this topic!! :yup:

School me some more...

Lol.

Ultimately - it was a fund raising event for the CS Foundation. $1000 got you the privilige of attending - but what a small price to pay considering the opportunity for some exclusive time with CS and co. It was available to all - first come, first serve, I considered it, but it wasn't in the cards at that point. I couldn't get my car shipped until January.

I don't know that these were exactly the first 15 to be completed, nor the first to be delivered, but rather the lucky group of 15 that was part of this unique kickoff event.

Lol.

Ultimately - it was a fund raising event for the CS Foundation. $1000 got you the privilige of attending

AH, that makes sense! Yes, no kidding, I'd have EASILY justified $1000 for an afternoon with THE MAN! And my guess is that lil bit of attached history may very well make up that $1000 in value someday on the cars that survive. Very cool. Thanks again to all for the history lesson.

School me some more...

OK. Here is the story of how the "Party of 15" happened.

I ordered my 2007 GT500 the second the order banks opened at Ford. Within days, I ordered the 40th Anniversary package from SAI. This is a "post title" package, however, I had my dealer put SAI on the order as shipped to code. My car was shipped directly to SAI from Ford where it waited for installation of the 40th package. After several trips to Vegas to "visit" my Shelby in waiting, I got accuainted with John Walker, Amy Boylin and others at SAI. I asked, "what it would take to get Carroll Shelby's signature on my car in person". I got a lot of different responces from no way to well maybe if you were lucky. So, I proposed a "party" with Shelby and a group of 40th owners donating to his Foundation and in turn he would sign our cars and have dinner with us. I had several discussions with John and Amy over the next few months as to the possibility of a party. Then one day when I was at SAI visiting my waiting GT 500, I met Jenni Shreeves of the Foundation along with Mr Shelby. I told them of my plan and Mr Shelby said "speak to my people" as he pointed to Jenni. After a few conversations with Jenni I recieved a call from Amy telling me I could have the party. The rules were that I had to bring a minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 cars. They had to be on the list of ordered 40th Anniversary Package cars and all participants would have to get their cars to SAI for the installation of the package at the same time. I was told that I would have to find the participants and coordinate the event as SAI didn't have time. I went online that night to "Stangsunleashed" and asked for people interested in my plan. I had 14 takers within 2 days. After a few more months of negotiations and planning with John, Amy, and Jenni, we were given the date of November 01, 2007 for the party. If you search the threads for info, I originally called the event "The Donation Party". John Walker and the shop crew did a great job of getting all our cars scheduled, packages installed, and shined up for the party. The SAI shop was cleared out and our 15 cars were lined up in side. We had a great time and Mr. Shelby signed all our cars with photos and all. The rest is history, as they say. The numbering of the cars (1 of 15, 2of 15 and so on) was determined by the order in which the owners signed up with me for the party. They are the ones that took me serious and it payed off for us all.

There you have the facts!! :shift:

As a foot note just to show how cool of a guy Mr. Shelby is:

As commemoration for the party, we made a plaque that had our names and CSM number and a place for photo of our cars in the center. We presented one of these to Mr. Shelby as a token of appreciation. Mr. Shelby took the plaque, looked it over, and handed it back to us. He said "you all came here to get my signature, well I want yours" and he had us disassembl his placque so we could each sign the background then reassemble it. I thought that was way cool of him.

We believe there are somewhere between 200-300 40th Editions. Of those, I'm guessing maybe 50 or so got SuperSnaked. The Party was no consolation of any kind. Our feeling as step children came much later. Though we have always been proud that the 40th Package showed SAI they would indeed have an aftermarket for modifying Shelby's. It was the litmus test for the SS effort. To be clear - and not to confuse - there are a few different reasons you'll see "40th" on a new Shelby. 1) any given GT500 owner that has puchased "40th" badges (essentially any 2007 could be considered a "40th" anniversary car, though not the package produced by SAI)2) a 2008 GT500KR will have "40th" badges as this is the 40th anniversary of the 1968 GT500KR (a 2009 GT500KR will not have a 40th badge)3) a 2007 SuperSnake may or may not have a "40th" badge on the front grille - it was an option for those buyers.4) an actual 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary Edition Shelby.

Mine was SuperSnaked at the same time the 40th package was installed. :peelout:

OK. Here is the story of how the "Party of 15" happened.I ordered my 2007 GT500 the second the order banks opened at Ford. Within days, I ordered the 40th Anniversary package from SAI. This is a "post title" package, however, I had my dealer put SAI on the order as shipped to code. My car was shipped directly to SAI from Ford where it waited for installation of the 40th package. After several trips to Vegas to "visit" my Shelby in waiting, I got accuainted with John Walker, Amy Boylin and others at SAI. I asked, "what it would take to get Carroll Shelby's signature on my car in person". I got a lot of different responces from no way to well maybe if you were lucky. So, I proposed a "party" with Shelby and a group of 40th owners donating to his Foundation and in turn he would sign our cars and have dinner with us. I had several discussions with John and Amy over the next few months as to the possibility of a party. Then one day when I was at SAI visiting my waiting GT 500, I met Jenni Shreeves of the Foundation along with Mr Shelby. I told them of my plan and Mr Shelby said "speak to my people" as he pointed to Jenni. After a few conversations with Jenni I recieved a call from Amy telling me I could have the party. The rules were that I had to bring a minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 cars. They had to be on the list of ordered 40th Anniversary Package cars and all participants would have to get their cars to SAI for the installation of the package at the same time. I was told that I would have to find the participants and coordinate the event as SAI didn't have time. I went online that night to "Stangsunleashed" and asked for people interested in my plan. I had 14 takers within 2 days. After a few more months of negotiations and planning with John, Amy, and Jenni, we were given the date of November 01, 2007 for the party. If you search the threads for info, I originally called the event "The Donation Party". John Walker and the shop crew did a great job of getting all our cars scheduled, packages installed, and shined up for the party. The SAI shop was cleared out and our 15 cars were lined up in side. We had a great time and Mr. Shelby signed all our cars with photos and all. The rest is history, as they say. The numbering of the cars (1 of 15, 2of 15 and so on) was determined by the order in which the owners signed up with me for the party. They are the ones that took me serious and it payed off for us all. There you have the facts!! :shift:

What a great event John. You really pulled something special together. I like the shirts as well.

Mine was SuperSnaked at the same time the 40th package was installed. :peelout:

What a great event John. You really pulled something special together. I like the shirts as well.

The shirts were complements of Mike Costanzo CSM 07XL0226, and #2 of 15.

Archived