TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Extreme front brakes installed but leaking.......

notstock

My Pro Plus are leaking at the pistons. I plan on sending them off to Baer sometime to have them put new seals in them.

I wish I had just simply put some Brembos on mine or StopTech or some Wilwoods. I stopped tracking my SGT back in 2011 I need to get brake ducts installed and need to get the leaky brake piston fixed before it ever goes back on the track. The Boss has been my track car since I bought it in May of 2012 I do miss tracking the SGT.

Has anyone had leaking pistons on their Baers besides me?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading this thread I don't think I'm interested in converting my brakes over to the Baers. To me it seems like they have a defective bleeder design or quality issue. I would be very upset to see brake fluid of all things on my car. I'll stick with my stock setup, as I don't track my cars any.

Nordic, unless you think th here are issues with your calipers causing the seals to leak I would just order and replace the seals myself. That way you get them fixed faster, don't have to worry about them getting damaged/ lost during shipping them back and forth. It's very easy to do.

Archived