TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby Challenge

doc scott

For Some reason unknown the Texas Shelby Challenge/ Texas Shelby 350 has been omitted from the board, we have been told this will be fixed ASAP; Please visit the web site www.texasshelby350.com to check out the new lower prices and still 2 days on the FULL track and Granbury!

we are all looking forward to a fantastic time in beautiful Granbury Texas.

Doc Scott

:boring:

You best, We all are expecting you to dazzle us with your wild ride and matching Lycra driving suit!

Doc Scott

:hysterical:

:hide:

Scott, you KNOW I'll be there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The beautiful spring weather is only challenged by the fantastic fall weather in Granbury, after a blistering summer this is going to be a great time of year for a track event! And as far as I know the only event where people have showed up to registration by boat.

Doc Scott

Umm, yup, I qualify for that statement! Lol

Of all the events, I think this one is the absolute best overall. It's the best track in the region hands down, shopping in downtown Granbury my wife absolutely loves, and then we have the lake to go boating, my daughters favorite part!

Yeah I agree I enjoyed this event the most and so did Sarah and Savannah. The track is hands down the best track I have ever been on and the town is so pretty and the people are downright Texas Nice.

I doubt I will make it this year since we will have a baby that will be only two weeks old. Sarah is due on Sept 21 with our 2nd child.

I would love to attend but if I show up I think I will be dead meat.

Yeah I agree I enjoyed this event the most and so did Sarah and Savannah. The track is hands down the best track I have ever been on and the town is so pretty and the people are downright Texas Nice.

I doubt I will make it this year since we will have a baby that will be only two weeks old. Sarah is due on Sept 21 with our 2nd child.

Congrats to yo and Sarah, Chad! That is awesome :-)

WHAT??? Your just now telling us??? :finger:

Congradulations my friend! Awesome news. Boy or girl or a surprise??????

The online registration makes reference to a Fall Fun Run. What is that? When is it?

Its a group run/cruise through the scenic areas around Grandbury. We did it last year with about 40 cars. It was a great time.

Its a group run/cruise through the scenic areas around Grandbury. We did it last year with about 40 cars. It was a great time.

Yall know for sure juanita and i will be there, love grandbury. Where is everyone staying, tried to get same place as last year they wont take reservations for that date. (GEEZER)

Will not be bringing the Power Wagon/Charger! This year after opening to muscle cars, other than the lone Dodge everything else was Ford powered, so Ford only it is.

GEEZER look forward to seeing you!

Will be a great time

Doc Scott

Which day is the fun run/cruise? Sunday? Or Saturday?

This presupposes of course my new very expensive GT500 still being in one piece if I enter the track events, raw FNG novice class!

Track is thur frii, Sat is car show and cruise, lots of experience at the track to help you learn, come to Mid America and run Hallett , great track and lots of fun!

Doc Scott

John, I am at the Hilton Garden Inn. That is the host hotel I believe.

i called them and the night of the 14th is sold out, so cant stay there, will try somewhere else, if anyone else knows of a good place to stay let me know, geezer

Granbury is a fantastic place, the track awesome, even in a SRT 8 Charger! Babes OMG!!! Ready for fall !!!

Doc Scott

Just don't follow the Charger if you do he will get you lost..........:hysterical:

Thanks Sean for helping us get to the last stop on the scenic run without your help we probably would have ended up in Mexico.

Thanks Sean, Sheri and Warren we are excited about the 2nd child we will find out next Wed May 4th if we are going to have a boy or girl. Savannah is super excited about being a big sister.

I will be thinking of all of you while your in grandbury having the time of your life. I highly recommend this event to anybody who can make it.

i called them and the night of the 14th is sold out, so cant stay there, will try somewhere else, if anyone else knows of a good place to stay let me know, geezer

OK, I GOT A ROOM AT THE NUTT HOUSE WHICH IS RIGHT ON THE SQUARE. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLACE FOR ME ANYHOW. GEEZER

Just don't follow the Charger if you do he will get you lost..........:hysterical:

Thanks Sean for helping us get to the last stop on the scenic run without your help we probably would have ended up in Mexico.

Thanks Sean, Sheri and Warren we are excited about the 2nd child we will find out next Wed May 4th if we are going to have a boy or girl. Savannah is super excited about being a big sister.

I will be thinking of all of you while your in grandbury having the time of your life. I highly recommend this event to anybody who can make it.

:salute:

WOW, HAS THE TEXAS SHELBY 350 IN GRANDBURY BEEN CANCELLED? THATS WHAT I PULLED UP A MINUTE AGO, GUESS I BETTER CANCEL MY RESVERATIONS, SEAN, DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE, HOPE ITS NOT TRUE.

Surely not. My wife and I had a blast last year and are looking forward to this year.

WOW, HAS THE TEXAS SHELBY 350 IN GRANDBURY BEEN CANCELLED? THATS WHAT I PULLED UP A MINUTE AGO, GUESS I BETTER CANCEL MY RESVERATIONS, SEAN, DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE, HOPE ITS NOT TRUE.

Working on getting the answer. It looks like that may be the case however. Stay tuned.....

:censored: Well, I feel like I kind of got some blame for this, as I was asked to get people to sign up for it by now, but Im no miracle worker. I mean, I got a lot of people who commited to coming, but its freakin April, and requiring people to sign up 6 months in advance is a horrible business plan. Love you guys at Muscle Car Events, but this was not the way to set it up. Sit on it until July, then set it up with the track if they demanded money, or move it to a different track as much as I like TMR....People dont sign up for events in advance in this economy. They wait and make sure they can go, and some wait till the last week to make sure weather is good enough since it is rain or shine...sucks for us organizers, boy do I know, but is the reality.:confused: Tracks better start working with organizers, or there arent going to be any of us around to bring fresh blood to them.

:censored: Well, I feel like I kind of got some blame for this, as I was asked to get people to sign up for it by now, but Im no miracle worker. I mean, I got a lot of people who commited to coming, but its freakin April, and requiring people to sign up 6 months in advance is a horrible business plan. Love you guys at Muscle Car Events, but this was not the way to set it up. Sit on it until July, then set it up with the track if they demanded money, or move it to a different track as much as I like TMR....People dont sign up for events in advance in this economy. They wait and make sure they can go, and some wait till the last week to make sure weather is good enough since it is rain or shine...sucks for us organizers, boy do I know, but is the reality.:confused: Tracks better start working with organizers, or there arent going to be any of us around to bring fresh blood to them.

Warren,

Muscle Car Events picked up Granbury when Shelby dropped it last year, MCE was not doing it this year, Mid America Productions ( the people who do Mid Amerca and the Bash) took over from MCE, MCE rode that pony last year when sane people would of bailed out, believed and felt it could become a must do event. This was not my call and my support was because I believed in the event. I did it for Love of Shelbys and Ford products, the friends I have and the friends I have yet to make. MCE saved it once, we damn near got divorced, ulcers, and trashed our livers, we are not in a position to stick our necks out this far this year.

Doc Scott

Archived