TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did your clutch last?

Salar

Allen,

That's a "good news, bad news" situation for you. Now that your GT500 is an absolute B E A S T, I'd say the stock clutch is on borrowed time... and that's a good thing. happy%20feet.gif

haha jim im sure your right. i am putting money aside for the RXT when the time comes. lets hope later than sooner

A few miles short of 17000, my 09 finally started showing the symptoms, with the clutch slipping when I hit gas. I brought it into the dealer last week, explained the symptoms and mentioned the TSB. They called back later in the day and verified the symptoms, told me that the TSB had been updated, ordered the parts, and had it done by Friday. This was great service by Frontier Ford in Santa Clara!

The feel of the new clutch is much lighter, so much so that I kept stomping the floorboard trying to push the clutch pedal in at first. This makes my wife happy, who had a difficult time getting leverage to operate the old clutch.

I must add that I grew to like the feel of the original racing clutch. I've had the car to the track a couple of times and liked the quick engagement. The new clutch feels more like my old Toyota than a performance car, but it was easy to get used to again.

A few miles short of 17000, my 09 finally started showing the symptoms, with the clutch slipping when I hit gas. I brought it into the dealer last week, explained the symptoms and mentioned the TSB. They called back later in the day and verified the symptoms, told me that the TSB had been updated, ordered the parts, and had it done by Friday. This was great service by Frontier Ford in Santa Clara!

The feel of the new clutch is much lighter, so much so that I kept stomping the floorboard trying to push the clutch pedal in at first. This makes my wife happy, who had a difficult time getting leverage to operate the old clutch.

I must add that I grew to like the feel of the original racing clutch. I've had the car to the track a couple of times and liked the quick engagement. The new clutch feels more like my old Toyota than a performance car, but it was easy to get used to again.

SeaProbe,

Congrats on your dealer experience. The good ones should be recognized when they a provide great customer service.

Archived