TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long did your clutch last?

Salar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My early 07 lost the clutch under street drving, no racing at 13K, all new flywheel, clutch and tranny installed, now at 27K, the clutch is out again. Not going back with OEM.

On a good note, I have found the tech that did the TSB and tranny swap in 08 (that dealership closed when Ford downsized, but their other dealership is alive and well in Levelland), as always, those guys remembered exactly the car....he pulled the notes from what he had done and we discussed what we are going to do.

And to think, the local dealership here charged $100 to install a top post battery in my wife's Ford Edge, almost caught it on fire, and wanted $390 to change the battery cables...and they wonder why they lose service business.

Let me say.

R O G E R S FORD are thieves.

• 2 months later...

Just had original replaced after the Dearborn trip, 29945 miles. Pedal effort was extreme, turned out to be a bad slave cylinder . Was able to get replaced with a new 2011 clutch assembly under warranty. The new clutch is Terrific, no chatter, roll over noise and the pedal effort is very light. I have an early 07

Just had original replaced after the Dearborn trip, 29945 miles. Pedal effort was extreme, turned out to be a bad slave cylinder . Was able to get replaced with a new 2011 clutch assembly under warranty. The new clutch is Terrific, no chatter, roll over noise and the pedal effort is very light. I have an early 07

Hey Ron, were you the guy that tried out my clutch in the bank parking lot at the dream cruise? Mine was the white w/ black stripes. I always mean to get the Team Shelby names of the people I talk to but seldom actually get it done. In any case, glad to hear you got it fixed!

• 3 weeks later...

ive gotten lucky stock 2008 clutch with 19.5k car built in 2007

Allen,

That's a "good news, bad news" situation for you. Now that your GT500 is an absolute B E A S T, I'd say the stock clutch is on borrowed time... and that's a good thing. happy%20feet.gif

Update on my situation. Since install and up to 800 miles the RXT seems fine but after the car is driven for a few minutes and RPMs over 3k have a heavy rattle/roar coming from top of tranny area. There are going to tear into in a couple weeks and see what it is.

If anyone is running an RXT and had a simular sound/problem, please let me know what fixed it.

thx

Archived