TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby owner - 2012 GT500 ppkg, electronics, recaro seats!

moody03svt

hey everyone,

So I am new to owning a Shelby vehicle but definitely not new to owning a Mustang or SVT cobra product. But I feel like with the recent purchase of my 2012 Shelby I have entered into a special club so I am looking around for the best places to share my experiences and learn from co-owners. So far I have 230 miles on her and SHE IS AMAZING. A little slippery in 1st and 2nd (as with my previous kenne bell 03 cobra vert I was used to Nitto Drag Radials) but this Shelby feels SOLID in corners. It is a HUGE improvement over the 2003 Cobra structure, even with me adding the subframe connectors, roll cage, and stiffer springs the Cobra still felt nose heavy and a bit shaky. Not this new Shelby!!!

5541677070_cb2f2c0861_b.jpg

5541622326_85cb883312.jpg

5541618746_05cd08bc99_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

no kidding! its a beautiful color combination! What is really really scary weird to me is that I set up a GT500 back in 2009 in Forza 3 with the exact same color combo and I even posted it to youtube. Now, 3 years later this car is actually sitting in my garage!!!!!

5601131634_356de4ac43.jpg

• 1 month later...

where in NC are you from? I live in Creedmoor and work in Raleigh I had a 2010 Kona and White that I just traded for a 2012 Black Vert

I live in the Holly Springs area and work in Raleigh. What prompted the trade, if you don't mind me asking?

I LOVE this car. I am really trying to show some restraint and trying not to modify too much yet. I want to keep the warranty intact.

(with my 03 cobra I tried the smaller pulley, then ported eaton supercharger, then finally went 6pt cage and kenne bell with methanol and Ford GT fuel system - Loved that car and miss it but this is a whole new game for me)

But I am thinking an exhaust shouldn't affect the warranty :)

5787821966_857b642fcd_z.jpg

Great color combo!! I'm waiting on mine to get here and it's the same color combo. Didn't get the Recaros, but that's ok. It will be a blast I'm sure. Enjoy your car and we wait for more pictures.

I don't know how you do it, I would be going crazy with waiting!!

I almost bought an all black 2011. Literally almost. But I had an all black 03 cobra so I wanted something a bit different than that. My wife found the black with red stripe. I also loved the red stripes and recaro seats in the 2012.

I love black cars!

Eventually I will do a kenne bell, Whipple, or TVS with about 17psi and supporting fuel system.

However for now, for the warranty, and my wife I might just start with axleback exhaust. Then maybe get into a throttle body, spark plugs, and pulley OR get high flow carted X pipe.

I do want gauges but not sure where to put yet. Probably center dash with Boss 302 Leguna Seca pod.

Am I missing anything fun or necessary?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived