TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/JBA SuperSnake Muffler Question

oldlugs

Please forgive me for posting this in two forum areas...

Earlier today I bought a set of the Shelby/JBA SS mufflers, Shelby Product Code: X-40-2641. These were sold to me as the "early type" SuperSnake mufflers.

Just wondering if anyone knows how these sound, compared to the stock KR muffs, and if they'll bolt right up in place of standard GT500 mufflers. I'm hoping to make my KR a little quieter with these, as they appear to be a chambered type, VS the KR straight through muff.

'07 SuperSnake guys and anyone who may have purchased these separately, how's your exhaust volume, compared to a KRs ? Below is a pic of the JBA/SS muffs:

X-40-2641-2.jpg

Thanks for any info! :)

My Super Snake was converted in June 2008 #07SS0057. Mine came with 2 1/2" Borla exhaust. The original sales literature indicated that 3" JBA was going to be used, but I don't believe they were able to put these on due to 50 state emission compliance. So I cant help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think these were the original mufflers that were installed on Amy's or Gary Patterson's early SS. My understanding was that somehow they did not get 50 state legal clearance and they went with the Borla. I actually ordered the JBA upgrade when I ordered the SS performance upgrades to my 40th. Way back in the John Walker days.

Look on svtperformance for the JBA exhaust thread - several people have posted vids. Shelby just sold the complete 2.5" and the 3" stainless catback these mufflers and clamps for $130 and $150 - it was a Shelby Basement deal. They sound pretty good.

Archived