TEAM SHELBY FORUM

F-150 Super Snake Parts

07SGT5687

So you all probably got the same email I did this morning about the F150 Super Snake conversion. And, I KNOW, this conversation has probably been :beatdeadhorse:.... BUT... did anyone else happen to notice a "slight" difference in cost between these and the KR counterparts... like say the CF splitter and Hood? And I know they are different vehicles, but still that's about a 1000% difference? Am I missing something? They are both serialized vehicles after conversion right?

So you all probably got the same email I did this morning about the F150 Super Snake conversion. And, I KNOW, this conversation has probably been :beatdeadhorse:.... BUT... did anyone else happen to notice a "slight" difference in cost between these and the KR counterparts... like say the CF splitter and Hood? And I know they are different vehicles, but still that's about a 1000% difference? Am I missing something? They are both serialized vehicles after conversion right?

Yes the F150 Super Snake comes with a CSM number if we do the build. No CSM number if you just buy parts and build the truck in your driveway.

Steve

Yes the F150 Super Snake comes with a CSM number if we do the build. No CSM number if you just buy parts and build the truck in your driveway.

Steve

Thanks Steve. So the difference appears to be that you CAN just buy parts for an SS150... but you can'f for a Super Snake GT500, right... unless you are replacing existing parts? Just curious, but why wouldn't you do the same thing with the F150 as you do the GT500 SS? Seems like that would erode the uniqueness of a CSM'd SS150, no?

Not being augmentative, just trying to better understand the differences here.

I'm sure it's an "economy of scale" thing. Perhaps they will not sell as many F150 conversions so the cost per manufactured unit is higher.

Maybe you misunderstood me... look at the cost of the splitter for the F150 versus the GT500 SS... it's MUCH cheaper. And the Hood is a bout 1/5th the price of the GT500SS one too...

Steve

[/quote

Steve ]Can Sean Hyland do them here in Canada?

Maybe you misunderstood me... look at the cost of the splitter for the F150 versus the GT500 SS... it's MUCH cheaper. And the Hood is a bout 1/5th the price of the GT500SS one too...

The GT500 SS splitter is $499.89 and the SS Truck splitter is $433.93. There is only about a $200 difference in hood price between the two as well. Also, you can buy most GT500 SS parts and SS Truck parts even if you are not an owner. However, no badge's or CSM's will be given.

Now the KR is different because it's a Pre-Title car and prices and availability are controlled by Ford.

My bad folks, I meant between the KR parts. I should have clarified from the beginning. So these parts are pretty much right in line with the SS parts, but

still MUCH cheaper than the KR parts, but that seems to be the norm... I get it. Sorry to cause confusion....

My bad folks, I meant between the KR parts. I should have clarified from the beginning. So these parts are pretty much right in line with the SS parts, but

still MUCH cheaper than the KR parts, but that seems to be the norm... I get it. Sorry to cause confusion....

I think I understand your question, the KR parts are carbon fiber. The SS hood is made of fiberglass.

I think I understand your question, the KR parts are carbon fiber. The SS hood is made of fiberglass.

Ya, sorry. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. But since you mentioned that the KR splitter for example... is Carbon Fiber. Looks like the SS150 slipper it Carbon Fiber too, no?

At $433, is is some kind of less quality CF than the KR splitter that costs something like $3500? Again, not trying to stir the pot, just want to get a better understanding of what the differences are.

CFSplitter.jpg

I still don't get the email that says "SALE" seems like the prices are the same as they always have been !!!!!!!!! How about a % off the F-150 parts that woulds be a sale

I don't recall this email, the last email I received from SPP was for brakes and the one before it was for decals. Would you email me a copy of the email you received? My email addy is in my signature line.

Steve

Archived