TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good signs ADM's are going bye bye :)

chuckstang

I ordered from a PA dealer and had mine drop shipped to my local dealer in SC. It worked out great. You just have to get the ok (and dealer number) from your local guy and pay him for the PDI. You MUST have the dealer number on the order before the order is pulled by Ford to build your car.

I would want to know the allocation or how many 500s the dealer was getting and see some proof. If they get three I would have in my contract that I get the 1st allocation. Some small dealership that just get one car might not get the order pulled for an 08 til this time next year and you might not be riding til late spring in 08. And you might find a better deal by then and you will loose your deposit if you bail.

The whole thing was a pain until my order got pulled then it got exciting.

Rat, the way I see it is this....if a dealer gives me an offer, they should be willing to put it in writing. If a customer makes an offer, they should be willing to give a non-refundable deposit. Otherwise, any "agreement" is without much meaning or force.

Dave

+1

I ordered from a PA dealer and had mine drop shipped to my local dealer in SC. It worked out great. You just have to get the ok (and dealer number) from your local guy and pay him for the PDI. You MUST have the dealer number on the order before the order is pulled by Ford to build your car.

I would want to know the allocation or how many 500s the dealer was getting and see some proof. If they get three I would have in my contract that I get the 1st allocation. Some small dealership that just get one car might not get the order pulled for an 08 til this time next year and you might not be riding til late spring in 08. And you might find a better deal by then and you will loose your deposit if you bail.

The whole thing was a pain until my order got pulled then it got exciting.

Very interesting, thanks alot!

It seems though that most dealers, big and small, claim they do not know when their allocation would be due for build and I definitely do not like the sound of that. So are you saying if you order an 08, make sure they know when it will be built (how would they know?)? If I ordered one next month, I def. would not want to wait until spring of next year because like you said, a better deal may come along.

Please advise

thanks!

I know to some it seems like we're beating a dead horse with this subject but every bit of information you guys provide helps us who haven't gone through the process yet. Thanks to all especially ShelbyGT500, 06RagtopGT and King Cobra for your input I do appreciate it. I know it'll help me to be more informed when it's my turn up at bat... :D

:rockon:

Chuck,

Hopefully my success story could be yours as well! In my efforts to find a GT 500, I did a ton of research. After getting screwed by a dealership on Long Island, I decided to look elsewhere far from the East Coast. The ADM’s were way too high in my surrounding states and I was not willing to pay that much.

After a few weeks, I discovered a small Ford dealer in rural Kansas that was scheduled to receive a GT 500. After a few phone calls, the salesman agreed to a price and fed ex’ed me a copy of the contract. Per our agreement, I gave the deposit via credit card and maintain contact with the dealer for the next few weeks.

Once a delivery date was confirmed, I made arrangements with Intercity transport to meet me out in Kansas a few days after it arrived. The dealer advised that the vehicle was in perfect condition and sent me detailed photos to prove it. I even had them photography the undercarriage! With a little luck and planning, I arrived at the dealer three days after it arrived for inspection and the rest of the paperwork. Intercity arrived a few hours after me and transported to vehicle to Maryland without incident.

This dealership was top notch! Find a dealer that is willing to work with you regarding transportation and delivery. You won’t be disappointed. Let me know if you need further assistance. Best of luck!

We took our GT500 out Saturday for about 4 hours - oh, buy it now and enjoy it. Cut coupons for groceries to make up the difference! This guy was looking for a way out of the conversation without wasting too much time. IMO

I know to some it seems like we're beating a dead horse with this subject but every bit of information you guys provide helps us who haven't gone through the process yet. Thanks to all especially ShelbyGT500, 06RagtopGT and King Cobra for your input I do appreciate it. I know it'll help me to be more informed when it's my turn up at bat... :D

:rockon:

+ 1 Billion. Completely agree. Your help is well appreciated!

~Chris

Very interesting, thanks alot!

It seems though that most dealers, big and small, claim they do not know when their allocation would be due for build and I definitely do not like the sound of that. So are you saying if you order an 08, make sure they know when it will be built (how would they know?)?

Thats the problem. They wont know when your car will be built so thats the gamble. I ordered the second of two cars allocated and the dealer had just received the first one a week earlier around Sept 06. My order could still be waiting to be pulled but I was lucky and it was pulled two weeks later (Thank the lord). It went smooth from there.

When you are paying an ADM that will eventually be non existant its scary to place an order too far in advance because you could end up paying more for your car if it gets built late in the model year and ADMs have diminished. I got nervous and realized this after I had non refundable money on the hook.

The only advice I would give is the big dealers do get more GT500s and they do seem to get preferential treatment from Ford and get their cars sooner but thats just my observation.

I actually got my car through the "for sale" thread on this website and took over another members order who was sick of waiting (he couldnt believe the order got pulled so soon afterwards) and got to order what I wanted and got a good price (considering the market prices) and Joe Montagno @ Murphy Ford in Pa. was great to keep me in the loop.

Its a risky little ride for us non affluent Cobra fans but in the end after my deposit was made it went great and love the car. Before that it sucked calling a 100 something dealerships and getting on "the list" just was no fun. Good luck

Archived