TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help,2010 Only

Cobras55

I was wondering if someone could straight up be AWESOME and do me a huge favor..

I need someone with a non lowered,stock wheeled 2010 GT500 coupe,, to take a tape measure and measure from the bottom of there center cap of the wheel up to the lip of the fender(wheel well), both front and back...Exact measurment.......

I lowered my car with the Eibach coil overs and although I love the drop and look i forgot :doh: to take measurments before the install and I am very very very very very curious to see how much of a drop I have......

Thank you so much............

Eric

I was wondering if someone could straight up be AWESOME and do me a huge favor..

I need someone with a non lowered,stock wheeled 2010 GT500 coupe,, to take a tape measure and measure from the bottom of there center cap of the wheel up to the lip of the fender(wheel well), both front and back...Exact measurment.......

I lowered my car with the Eibach coil overs and although I love the drop and look i forgot :doh: to take measurments before the install and I am very very very very very curious to see how much of a drop I have......

Thank you so much............

Eric

My 2010 GT500 is bone stock, 4300 miles. I get 17 3/16 on the front and 18 3/16 on the rear. Hope this helps!

For anybody wanting to lower there 2010 and thinking about just springs, just know that the coil overs provide much better ride quality,IMO better then stock,handling was greatly improved along with straight line performance.....not to mention the look is much sweeter ....I highly recommend the Eibach S coil over kit(same as used on the SuperSnake), Very reasonable cost and awesome kit,fully adjustable....

Thought I would share that...

For anybody wanting to lower there 2010 and thinking about just springs, just know that the coil overs provide much better ride quality,IMO better then stock,handling was greatly improved along with straight line performance.....not to mention the look is much sweeter ....I highly recommend the Eibach S coil over kit(same as used on the SuperSnake), Very reasonable cost and awesome kit,fully adjustable....

Thought I would share that...

It actually rides better? I left mine alone as I didnt want it to ride stiffer. It is 99% a cruiser for us.

It actually rides better? I left mine alone as I didnt want it to ride stiffer. It is 99% a cruiser for us.

I shit you not,I had the same worries cause I too do not want a stiff ride,but I took the chance anyways cause I was informed by a suspension expert that it wouldn't kill ride quality. Well I did it and the car just feels tighter but ride quality is an A plus plus....really satisfied....I really think it rides better then stock.....I also have similar mileage as you,3270.....they put these kits on the SS for a reason.....great kit..

Hey Cobras55 can you post up some pics of before and after. I have had my eye on that set up for a while and have the same car as you do. If you could it would be appreciated. Thanks Greg.

I will for ya , but probably not till Sunday when I have a free moment to snap some pictures of the after , already have the before....that and as long as we don't get another unexpected snow storm...post them when I can...just keep a tab on this thread....

Freakin freezing out here....couple quick shitty pics from the garage(small garage)till i can get it outside, sorry i'm trying....lol...

will post again, soon as it's nice out,,,,,,hope this helps a little

Cobra - Nice job on the lowering. Looks PERFECT to me. I plan to do exactly this when my non-SVT 2012 comes in, and I will lean towards the Eibach kit that you're recommending. Ride quality is very important to me too, so I really appreciate knowing your experience with this. So one question: how did you select the shop to install the Eiback kit? Is this something that any competent mechanic that you trust can handle? Or, God forbid should I actually consider a Ford dealer?

Thanks,

Cobra - Nice job on the lowering. Looks PERFECT to me. I plan to do exactly this when my non-SVT 2012 comes in, and I will lean towards the Eibach kit that you're recommending. Ride quality is very important to me too, so I really appreciate knowing your experience with this. So one question: how did you select the shop to install the Eiback kit? Is this something that any competent mechanic that you trust can handle? Or, God forbid should I actually consider a Ford dealer?

Thanks,

I would recommend going to someone with a good knowledge of suspensions. This is not a very difficult install as long as you have access to the tools, lift, etc....but if not most any mechanic will be able to do this, its basic bolt on parts.

A friend of the family mechanic would be great due to the savings of cost for you. I would encourage you to stay away from the dealerships,they will have no trouble at all installing this but they WILL rape your wallet...Any problems and Eibach is great to deal with(there tec line)..

This coilover kit is great and ride quality is superb,I highly recommend. I have had other mustangs with just springs and there ride quality versus this was just nasty...

If you decide to go this route I would also plan on getting Camber/caster plates for your alignment and a panhard bar, adj.

good luck, let me know how you make out.... :)

I would recommend going to someone with a good knowledge of suspensions. This is not a very difficult install as long as you have access to the tools, lift, etc....but if not most any mechanic will be able to do this, its basic bolt on parts.

A friend of the family mechanic would be great due to the savings of cost for you. I would encourage you to stay away from the dealerships,they will have no trouble at all installing this but they WILL rape your wallet...Any problems and Eibach is great to deal with(there tec line)..

This coilover kit is great and ride quality is superb,I highly recommend. I have had other mustangs with just springs and there ride quality versus this was just nasty...

If you decide to go this route I would also plan on getting Camber/caster plates for your alignment and a panhard bar, adj.

good luck, let me know how you make out.... :)

Thanks - will do. I expect to finalize negotiations this week and get my order in. The car probably won't arrive until June or so. After I put a few miles on it, I'll probably be ready to get the coilover kit installed. I have a lot to learn about the details of how these work, the camber/caster plates, etc. I'll probably come calling for more advice as I climb the learning curve. Can't wait for the car though!

Thanks - will do. I expect to finalize negotiations this week and get my order in. The car probably won't arrive until June or so. After I put a few miles on it, I'll probably be ready to get the coilover kit installed. I have a lot to learn about the details of how these work, the camber/caster plates, etc. I'll probably come calling for more advice as I climb the learning curve. Can't wait for the car though!

Let me know, always happy to help...good luck with your new beast and post pic's when ya can!!

Car looks great. Which set did you go with? Are they the ones Shelby has on sale for $799.00 ?

Yeah got them right from this site, the Shelby store..800 bucks and they were running a special for no shipping...can't beat the price..every where else wanted 1200bucks plus and shipping..

• 2 months later...

Yeah got them right from this site, the Shelby store..800 bucks and they were running a special for no shipping...can't beat the price..every where else wanted 1200bucks plus and shipping..

Cobras55,

Nice setup. I am thinking of the same. Was originally considering the FRPP setup, but do not need any further handling or stiffness, just a drop that won't jolt me out of the seat if I hit a rut in the road.

Can you tell me if the LCAs you added removed all wheel hop in conjunction with the CO's you installed?

Thanks,

TOm

Cobras55,

Nice setup. I am thinking of the same. Was originally considering the FRPP setup, but do not need any further handling or stiffness, just a drop that won't jolt me out of the seat if I hit a rut in the road.

Can you tell me if the LCAs you added removed all wheel hop in conjunction with the CO's you installed?

Thanks,

TOm

Well you won't be disappointed with the coilovers at all,great drop and superior ride quality, the ride is just as good as stock if not better imo.....as far as the Lca's I do notice the power planted better to the ground but I never had well hop to begin with.....People complain of wheel hop here and there with these cars but I have driven many 2010 plus Shelby's and none of them had it..... I think it's peoples driving habits and shifting that cause's this so called wheel hop....and my friend who is a 25 year master ford tec 100% agrees with me,,,,,,,good luck and let me know how you make out. Also if your interested in a adjustable Uca I have one for sale at a great price.....It's a J&M extreme...

Archived