TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some more progress

I've been posting pics as I progress through my mods on my 2010 GT500.

Here's the latest on the SC install....

The stock/OE painted fuel rail and the Shelby fuel rail are just mocked up for comparison, no injectors yet.

Phill

post-26522-0-80120100-1301006097_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-61522100-1301006119_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-26880100-1301006136_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-44927700-1301006155_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-79966800-1301006188_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-18453500-1301006266_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-58670500-1301006318_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-80120100-1301006097_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-61522100-1301006119_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-26880100-1301006136_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-44927700-1301006155_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-79966800-1301006188_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-18453500-1301006266_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-58670500-1301006318_thumb.jpg

Just remember to have a fully charged battery when you finally load the FRPP tune into the PCM.

Brother, you're gonna love it!

Tob

I've had it sitting on a Tender since the day I took it out!

But thanks for the tip,

Phill

I've been posting pics as I progress through my mods on my 2010 GT500.

Here's the latest on the SC install....

The stock/OE painted fuel rail and the Shelby fuel rail are just mocked up for comparison, no injectors yet.

Phill

Beautiful Phil. I will definitely have to visit you in Colorado when you get it done!! Or better yet you could drive it to Prunetucky one day when you come to visit!!lol

Beautiful Phil. I will definitely have to visit you in Colorado when you get it done!! Or better yet you could drive it to Prunetucky one day when you come to visit!!lol

I'm hoping to get it out there at LEAST once. The timing just has to be right. I CAN'T drive it out there in the Winter months because of the snow or the cold roads...on either route (I-70/I-15 or I-40). I also need to do it on the "long day" months because of all the animals on the road (I came within about 3 inches from a Doe/fawn one time in my truck).

I don't want to be a statistic!

Last time when I was going to bring it out my son warned me against it. All he has is street parking (in Salinas) and he lives on a VERY busy street (Iris St.) that between the two sections of Sherwood Center and is heavily used as a "shortcut" between Main. St. and Laurel Dr. Even though it's a 25mph neighborhood street, everyone thinks it's a freeway and MIGHT slow it down to 55 on occasion.

He said he wouldn't park it there for two reasons.....theft and damage (either getting hit or getting vandaized). It's just too big of a target to leave on the street for a week to ten days.

Now, if I stay with my best friend in "Royal Oaks" out on Strawberry Rd. he's in a gated community and has off street parking so that's most likely what I'll do...plan a trip 'stag', stay at his place and bring the Shelby.

I know you realize it but his place is *right* down the road from you. He's on the San Miguel end of Strawberry but still....a heck of a lot closer to you than Salinas is! If you go out Strawberry towards Prunetucky, he's on Thimio Pl. which is the FIRST drive on the left as you come up Strawberry from San Miguel (last road/drive on the right headed out). You probably already know where it is but just don't realize it. There's a small community of really nice homes up past that metal gate.

Anyway, I really REALLY want to get this car down to Sea Level. I'm about 20% down on power up here in the clouds (my GPS says the street in front of my house is at EXACTLY 6100 feet ASL). When I took it to Vegas it was a completely different car. It felt like it had twice as much power, and that's still at about 3,000' ASL.

I can't imagine what it will feel like at Sea Level!

We WILL meet....one day.

Phill

So... when is "Phill's Mile High Colorado Speed Shop" officially open and scheduling appointments for Shelby mods?

Phill, your build looks great and demonstrates there's no substitute for years of experience. Congrats!

PS: If you're thinking about coming down to your old stomping grounds in the Bay Area this summer during the "long days", why not try to join us on June 25th for the "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show http://www.teamshelb...e-and-car-show/ ?

Looks good Phil! Some day soon I want to come down there and take a look at that bad boy !!

-HAWKBARR

I'll probably be up in your area before you're down here. After I get the car going I'd like to hook up with you on a weekend.

We (Pamler HS) played Highlands Ranch at the start of the season (got our butts whupped!) and I thought about looking you up. Brandan was out of town and we had his place for the weekend so I was probably pretty close to you.

What's your typical weekend schedule look like?

Later,

Phill (you have my private e-mail addy?)

1: So... when is "Phill's Mile High Colorado Speed Shop" officially open and scheduling appointments for Shelby mods?

2: Phill, your build looks great and demonstrates there's no substitute for years of experience. Congrats!

3: PS: If you're thinking about coming down to your old stomping grounds in the Bay Area this summer during the "long days", why not try to join us on June 25th for the "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show http://www.teamshelb...e-and-car-show/ ?

SVT NAJA,

1: I have *always* worked on or helped work on my friends cars for FREE. I can't tell you how many big HP motors (boats (from mild to wild), street cars, race cars, motorcycles, karts, quarter midgets, micro midgets, etc. etc. etc.) I have built for friends, just for the *fun* of it. You see, when I originally went into the auto repair business I LOVED working on cars and I was always the guys came to when they wanted to put a set of headers on their '57 Chevy or 69 Z, or stuff a Chevy Big Block 396" into a 62 Nova (talk about A BITCH!).

So I figured "ya know...what BETTER business to get into than one you LOVE to do?" Wellllllllllllll, when you HAVE to do it, and it's the SOS day in and day out, it's no longer "fun". Now it's called WORK! So for "fun" I'd do (for friends) hi-po mods/builds for and I have never never NEVER charged my buds for doing it because it was truly, MY pleasure (i.e. my hobby). I mean, what better way to satisfy your 'itch for speed"? I didn't have the money to build my OWN hotrod and my friends did. I'd use THEIR money to build a bad ass motor (or whatever) and satisfy my itch. It worked out for them, it worked out for me. I raced on a shoestring budget begging for sponsor money just for entry fees and we (me and my son) did pretty well at it. So Pollard & Son's Racing was born and it has been open for decades. Now that doesn't mean someone can come by my house and drop their car off for me to work on. Nope, that ain't gonna happen (bad back)...but if ANY of my friends want to bring their car over to my house so WE can do a bunch of work to it...TOGETHER, that's not a problem! And yeah, it can stay here as many nights as it takes to get the job done (well, to a limit).

Well, at least that's how *I've* always done it. I've had neighbors want a oil change, or tune up, a valve adjust, or some such thing as that. Nope, sorry. I don't do side-work. Bad back, don'cha know.... Frankly, they can take it to Pep Boys and get their oil changed for $19.95 and it'll cost me/them that much just for the oil and filter if I do it and I'm really not interested in the SOS (as I said above). Want a TVS on you Mustang? BRING IT ON!!!

My name if Phillip. If you look it up you'll see that it means "Lover of horses"....and it's true. I love HORSE POWER! <LOL> Don't ask what Pollard means.....unless you want a tree topped.

2: Thank you for the compliments. I gotta be more than honest and tell you that right now, it really looks kind of bad with finger prints and dirt (from sitting uncovered for so long) all over it but it WILL look great as soon as I get it fired up and back on the ground. A full detail is in order ASAP. I have a aluminum polish I bought years ago at a bike show (I have a Harley that is almost 100% chrome or polished Aluminum other than the tank/fenders and what little you can see of the frame) and ALL of the aluminum on the car will get a good polish. Then a neighbor gave me some stuff to try called "Black Chrome". I tried it on my IC tank and it makes black plastic (radiator cover, degass tanks, splitter, rear valance, etc.) look like freakin' BRAND NEW. This stuff is amazing and does't look "overdone", if ya know what I mean. I don't know if anyone else has tried it (made by Turtle Wax) but this shi.....uhhhhhh, STUFF is FAN-FUGGIN'-TASTIC! I'm gonna buy me a couple of bottles just to keep on hand.

3: Lake Tahoe in the summer! I used to ride with a bunch of guys from San Jose and every year we had a run to So. Lake Tahoe (Camp Richardson). One of the guys is a VERY good friend of mine and lives in Jackson, up on 49 (49???). We always used his place as a staging for the run up 88 to the Cut Throat Saloon then Ebbits pass (I think?) to So. Lake Tahoe. Your meet sounds like it could be a blast and very possibly, "do-able". I LOVE the ride up past Emereld Bay. It's about the most beautyful scenery you could ever find in the Sierra's.

Where in Tahoe does everyone stay? All at one venue or "you're on your own" type of deal? IF I were to go I'd most likely stay in Jackson and hit Tahoe from there and just meet everyone at the terminal venue.

Is there a website for it? Tell me more.

I attached a photo of me and my wife so you know what I look like if any of us DO finally run across each other someplace, somewhere, somehow...

Thanks again,

Phill

post-26522-0-92155300-1301163630_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-92155300-1301163630_thumb.jpg

I'll probably be up in your area before you're down here. After I get the car going I'd like to hook up with you on a weekend.

We (Pamler HS) played Highlands Ranch at the start of the season (got our butts whupped!) and I thought about looking you up. Brandan was out of town and we had his place for the weekend so I was probably pretty close to you.

What's your typical weekend schedule look like?

Later,

Phill (you have my private e-mail addy?)

Highlands Ranch HS is close, so is Thunderridge and Mountain Vista, so if Palmer plays up here. we'll hook up and watch a game this fall. I typically am playing with the car/driving it and riding bikes. I'd love to have you come up to one or our club meetings also. Last Saturday we had 22010 Kona/White 500's so you'd have fit right in. But hey if you are up here for a drive, call me. 303-489-2587 In the meantime, keep us updated with your build. It will be awesome!!

-HAWKBARR

How's the clearance to the firewall?

No pics but I have stuck my hand back there to see where the extended hose is supposed to connect.

I can stick my hand between the firewall and the crusher inlet down to my knuckles. I don't have HUGE hands but they're fairly large from turning wrenches all my life.

I don't know....how fat is a finger? Nearly a inch? So I have at LEAST that much room between the two.

I did have to remove the curved wire loom protector. It says you have to do that on a '11 and put a P-clip in it's place so I *thought* I could keep it on my '10. Not so, that was the only obsticle I ran across when sitting the SC in place. Once I pulled that off, it went in like butter.

It decided to go from 67 degrees yesterday to snow and 32 right now but as soon as it gets a little warmer, I'll see if I can get a pic for you.

It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and continue with a warming trend over the next couple of days....but then again, it wasn't supposed to get cold and snow today either! (the weather forecasters out here SUCK).

Phill

No pics but I have stuck my hand back there to see where the extended hose is supposed to connect.

I can stick my hand between the firewall and the crusher inlet down to my knuckles. I don't have HUGE hands but they're fairly large from turning wrenches all my life.

I don't know....how fat is a finger? Nearly a inch? So I have at LEAST that much room between the two.

Phill

That's good news. I was wondering if I was going to have an issue with that. Even though the 11 has sound deadining material there an inch is great.

Phill that blower looks awesome with those coil covers- nice work.

Archived