TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance

sigsauer

Farmers let me put mine on fire & theft coverage only during the winter when my car is winterized. I think it's about 48 bucks for 6 months. During the driving season it cost me close to 500 bucks to carry full coverage for 6 months.

Farmers let me put mine on fire & theft coverage only during the winter when my car is winterized. I think it's about 48 bucks for 6 months. During the driving season it cost me close to 500 bucks to carry full coverage for 6 months.

As long as it's in the "BIG BUTT BUBBLE" Rob??????????? :hysterical:

I never heard of this company are they good lejet insurance company? If they are I am interested.

They are big in the collector insurance business. The most important thing to look for on insuring a classic or collectible is "agreed value". 99% of the regular insurance companies do not offer this, then you are at their mercy as to what you will get in the event of a total loss. Don't settle for the "stated value" BS from other companies either. With "Stated Value" you can say the car is worth "X" amount and pay the premium on that, when there a loss it's up to YOU to prove it was worth that much, agreed value is just that, both parties agree when it is written, no BS. Grundy does not put a limit on annual mileage, they only require that you keep the car in a garage. I used them for my BOSS 429 and a few other cars.

http://www.grundy.com/

They are big in the collector insurance business. The most important thing to look for on insuring a classic or collectible is "agreed value". 99% of the regular insurance companies do not offer this, then you are at their mercy as to what you will get in the event of a total loss. Don't settle for the "stated value" BS from other companies either. With "Stated Value" you can say the car is worth "X" amount and pay the premium on that, when there a loss it's up to YOU to prove it was worth that much, agreed value is just that, both parties agree when it is written, no BS. Grundy does not put a limit on annual mileage, they only require that you keep the car in a garage. I used them for my BOSS 429 and a few other cars.

http://www.grundy.com/

Thanks

Have you kids excluded from the vehicle and it should hurt you as much.

I'm 31 and paying $339 every 6 months from Allstate. $500 deductible, "Pleasure" rated (not my DD) which has no mileage limit (not that I need it I don't drive it in rain or snow) 300/100/100.

Best part is I can put it in "Storage" during the winter which lowers the cost to <$15/month.

No speeding tickets/accidents on record by the grace of God considering how fast I drive....

I had a $125,000 At Fault Accident 3 years ago, and a 15MPH over speeding ticket a year back, and I pay $160/month for my 2012, and I'm a single male at 23 years of Age and using the vehicle as my Daily Driver with coverage like 70/85/70.

I checked with Progressive and they were over $455/Month, Statefarm $550, Allstate $395. Mercury was a steel at $160. The Funny thing is that I did check if I just bought a Measly Lexus IS350, and monthly it was still $145/Month, so My conclusion was that Mercury Insurance charged me mostly based on ME, not my CAR..and even with my less than perfect driving record, they still wanted me. Additionally I know some insurance companies are complete crap if you actually need them, but I have many customers out here in CA, that have used them and say their Customer Service is Absolutely amazing after a Claim..

I Would Suggest Everyone Check them out-

I have Grundy for my GT500, Agreed value and $375.00 a year.

Wow that's a deal, how'd you swing that? :headscratch:

I just got a quote from Grundy for my SGT, $870 a year for 60K stated value and no mileage restriction (gotta love that part). It's only about $220 more than I pay now with Wawanesa, but it is stated value. $220 is not bad for peace of mind as I know Wawanesa is not going to pay me 60K if I total the car.

Dan

Wow that's a deal, how'd you swing that? :headscratch:

I just got a quote from Grundy for my SGT, $870 a year for 60K stated value and no mileage restriction (gotta love that part). It's only about $220 more than I pay now with Wawanesa, but it is stated value. $220 is not bad for peace of mind as I know Wawanesa is not going to pay me 60K if I total the car.

Dan

No tickets, 49 yrs old and agreed value of $30,000.00

• 2 weeks later...

45 here. No tickets. No kids. Clean record with no accidents.

I'm paying 538 with Heacock for 1 yr guaranteed replacement value at 45K, but only 1K miles. Had a cheper policy with Heacock when Infinity was their underwriter. 422/yr with 3K mileage limit. But they dumped Infinity for American Modern as the underwriter and my policy went up and mileage down.

Anybody get any cheaper insurance than this? I'd like to know cause I'd switch to save money!

I have Geico in California and their system registers it as a mustang VIN # .........

Yeah, it was probably how I described the car as a "Shelby GT500 Mustang". Grundy is the best rate/policy that I have seen so far in my shopping. Roughly $800.00 in NYC (garaged of course) no mileage restrictions and higher than required limits.

I had a $125,000 At Fault Accident 3 years ago, and a 15MPH over speeding ticket a year back, and I pay $160/month for my 2012, and I'm a single male at 23 years of Age and using the vehicle as my Daily Driver with coverage like 70/85/70.

I checked with Progressive and they were over $455/Month, Statefarm $550, Allstate $395. Mercury was a steel at $160. The Funny thing is that I did check if I just bought a Measly Lexus IS350, and monthly it was still $145/Month, so My conclusion was that Mercury Insurance charged me mostly based on ME, not my CAR..and even with my less than perfect driving record, they still wanted me. Additionally I know some insurance companies are complete crap if you actually need them, but I have many customers out here in CA, that have used them and say their Customer Service is Absolutely amazing after a Claim..

I Would Suggest Everyone Check them out-

Those liability limits are dangerous. I think 100/300/100 is a bare minimum. You're putting yourself at risk if you ever do get in a serious accident.

Those liability limits are dangerous. I think 100/300/100 is a bare minimum. You're putting yourself at risk if you ever do get in a serious accident.

It depends. Usually they lawyer just takes whatever the policy gives. My friend was in a wreck and got over $1M for his injuries. They were hit by a corporate vehicle.

However, they got over $1M. So, the point is, they will pay out what the policy is worth, and then that is that. Or they will sue you, regardless, and that will be that.

Just my opinion on it and why I don't carry professional insurance at work. They always just name the people with the largest policies and go after them.

State Farm in WA. Just a 2010 mustang with the vin and they were happy.

Although on the last bill they revoked the safety discount for the gt500, something about too many claims?? Go figure....

It depends. Usually they lawyer just takes whatever the policy gives. My friend was in a wreck and got over $1M for his injuries. They were hit by a corporate vehicle.

However, they got over $1M. So, the point is, they will pay out what the policy is worth, and then that is that. Or they will sue you, regardless, and that will be that.

Just my opinion on it and why I don't carry professional insurance at work. They always just name the people with the largest policies and go after them.

I don't think anyone here with any measurable assets would like to put those at risk due to cutting corners with insurance. They just don't give anyone a million dollars for "injuries". Insurance companies dont just pay a million dollars because they are "corporate".

Speaking of insurance, has anyone's insurance carriers offered a discount if you have LoJack installed? I've heard this can help get the premium down, but don't know if they would apply it to a GT500. Anyone have insight on this?

headscratch.gif

I don't think anyone here with any measurable assets would like to put those at risk due to cutting corners with insurance. They just don't give anyone a million dollars for "injuries". Insurance companies dont just pay a million dollars because they are "corporate".

My last concern is what the payout on my car would be. There are too many low lifes looking for a payday.

Thanks for the lesson in Risk Management. I'm glad you're not my insurance broker. lol

Archived