TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel Injection

rpbt

I am looking into upgrading to fuel injection on a 67 fastback with a 390, does anyone have any thoughts or approximate costs?

I'd love to do the same thing with my 1970 Mach with 351C-4V. There are several different companies like Holley and Edelbrock that offer systems and depending on your mechanical aptitude, I’ve figured the cost would be between $2500 and $5000. Guess I need to start playing the lottery to get some pocket money for that project (LOL). An AOD or 5-speed conversion is nice also. I've got a five-speed and it's very nice for cruising. My around town mpg is up slightly but I’ve gotten 25 mpg on the highway whereas 16-17 was normal before.

I'd love to do the same thing with my 1970 Mach with 351C-4V. There are several different companies like Holley and Edelbrock that offer systems and depending on your mechanical aptitude, I’ve figured the cost would be between $2500 and $5000. Guess I need to start playing the lottery to get some pocket money for that project (LOL). An AOD or 5-speed conversion is nice also. I've got a five-speed and it's very nice for cruising. My around town mpg is up slightly but I’ve gotten 25 mpg on the highway whereas 16-17 was normal before.

Thanks Bill, I have started to look in to the edelbrock but need to do a little more research and work on the wife.

Ray