TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snowing Again

BlueByU

I can not believe it is SNOWING AGAIN in New Jersey :rant2: . Mother Nature is f--cking with us again. Here in Mt Olive we have 5" of snow this morning allready and still coming down.I made (3)three monthly payment on my 2011 GT500 Shelby and only 33 mile on it, and I still can not drive it because of the SNOW. Maybe by July it can come out.

I can not believe it is SNOWING AGAIN in New Jersey :rant2: . Mother Nature is f--cking with us again. Here in Mt Olive we have 5" of snow this morning allready and still coming down.I made (3)three monthly payment on my 2011 GT500 Shelby and only 33 mile on it, and I still can not drive it because of the SNOW. Maybe by July it can come out.

:violin:

:violin:

nice 68 GTO--Im not a big green fan, but the shade looks good--its not a stock 68 color is it

PS had the top down on my Shelby here today, 80 degrees--started top down driving here last week--actually drove my 65 GTO top down as well

nice 68 GTO--Im not a big green fan, but the shade looks good--its not a stock 68 color is it

Thanks.

The original color of the car is Verdoro Green, which is what the previous owner had the car painted, although I think the original Verdoro Green is a shade or two darker.

Thanks.

The original color of the car is Verdoro Green, which is what the previous owner had the car painted, although I think the original Verdoro Green is a shade or two darker.

yes it is darker--i like the current color you have alot better

I have not seen my car since October, been in storage waiting for the Wisconsin winter salt to clear off the roads. It will be coming out next week rain/sleet or snow.

Mother Nature is cruel indeed, 82 out last Friday and rain, sleet and snow last night. With all the rain we had the week before all the salt was gone and just the end of last week the town was around with the street sweepers picking up all that gravel. The good news is outside of Reading we only had the lightest dusting and the town had not spread any more salt or gravel.

Ist picture taken off the front porch 2nd was from plane a couple nights ago of Mt McKinley and winter continues in the great north.

Wow..great pictures Alaska! We don't have those mountains or snow here - but dang...it's cold!

BTW - your state is certainly the center of the television world these days! I can't believe how many shows are filmed there now. There has to be at least 6 or 7.

Wow..great pictures Alaska! We don't have those mountains or snow here - but dang...it's cold!

BTW - your state is certainly the center of the television world these days! I can't believe how many shows are filmed there now. There has to be at least 6 or 7.

Sure are a lot of shows I do work for the brother inlaw of ERA aviation the family owned bush plane show you see on tv and I am on those bush planes about every other week as I will be again next week and the following week I travel from one end of Alaska to the other for work. Good to here from you again Blue and yes I know it gets cold your way I was stationed at Ft Dix for one year feels colder there to me than here as it is a wet cold.

Sure are a lot of shows I do work for the brother inlaw of ERA aviation the family owned bush plane show you see on tv and I am on those bush planes about every other week as I will be again next week and the following week I travel from one end of Alaska to the other for work. Good to here from you again Blue and yes I know it gets cold your way I was stationed at Ft Dix for one year feels colder there to me than here as it is a wet cold.

Wow..that's some commute that you have then for work...amazing. I think Sarah Palin really put the spotlight on Alaska and brought all those TV Shows up there in a roundabout way.

Nice to see you around too, Alaska - We're kind of like the Grabber Blue bookends for the United States! LOL!

I would like nothing better than to bring my Shelby up to you and we could cruise the Alaska Highways together...just a dream - wish I could.

Wow..that's some commute that you have then for work...amazing. I think Sarah Palin really put the spotlight on Alaska and brought all those TV Shows up there in a roundabout way.

Nice to see you around too, Alaska - We're kind of like the Grabber Blue bookends for the United States! LOL!

I would like nothing better than to bring my Shelby up to you and we could cruise the Alaska Highways together...just a dream - wish I could.

And vise versa not a lot of roads up here to cruise,

And vise versa not a lot of roads up here to cruise.

Really? I'm shocked to hear that...I thought that being the state was so big and the population widely spread throughout that there would be long stretches of highway to enjoy some "just me and the road" time.

We have plenty of backroads to cruise, however not long stretches..but there are little 10 mile runs that make you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere. We have lots of hills (that's what they are compared to the mountains you're used to) and twists and turns to enjoy. I plan on taking a two hour trip once the weather really breaks. I've yet to go for a long drive in my car - so I can't wait to hear the exhaust echoing through the forest! Woo hoo!

With the SVTPP, if it's not over 50 degrees out, thoes tires are just like driving on pure ice. The cold is just as bad as the snow!!

Yup there like hockey pucks when its that temp , forget about traction.

Really? I'm shocked to hear that...I thought that being the state was so big and the population widely spread throughout that there would be long stretches of highway to enjoy some "just me and the road" time.

We have plenty of backroads to cruise, however not long stretches..but there are little 10 mile runs that make you feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere. We have lots of hills (that's what they are compared to the mountains you're used to) and twists and turns to enjoy. I plan on taking a two hour trip once the weather really breaks. I've yet to go for a long drive in my car - so I can't wait to hear the exhaust echoing through the forest! Woo hoo!

Yea big state, no roads, fly every where, I cant wait also as I just installed new headers with high flow cats and Alex MMS mufflers, new lower control arms and brackets, new Fays 2 watts link comes in tomorrow and VMP TVS on its way. Im ready for spring

Luckly here in MD we are just getting rain. However, it was really fun driving in and the temp only being 36. The Goodyear G2 tires aren't that bad under 42 degrees but I had to be extra careful.

BP - I'm ordering a 2012 without the SVT Pkg, so it'll have the GoodYear F1 tires. What am I in for with these? I assume when you say you need to be extra careful, you mean that the tires are just too hard at lower temperatures and will break loose on you if you're too heavy on the throttle. How about breaking and cornering?

The tires are what they are - I am buying this car if my dealer can get their act together. But I'm not up on the performance details of the F1's. Comments?

Yea big state, no roads, fly every where, I cant wait also as I just installed new headers with high flow cats and Alex MMS mufflers, new lower control arms and brackets, new Fays 2 watts link comes in tomorrow and VMP TVS on its way. Im ready for spring

Wow! You have a ton of mods on the way! I guess our cars will only be twins in "outside" appearance from now on. I'd love to get the supersnake supercharger on mine...but I just don't have the cash. Mine will probably stay stock for a long, long, long time. Not that it sucks to drive this car around! LOL!

BP - I'm ordering a 2012 without the SVT Pkg, so it'll have the GoodYear F1 tires. What am I in for with these? I assume when you say you need to be extra careful, you mean that the tires are just too hard at lower temperatures and will break loose on you if you're too heavy on the throttle. How about breaking and cornering?

The tires are what they are - I am buying this car if my dealer can get their act together. But I'm not up on the performance details of the F1's. Comments?

I have the Goodyear F1 tires still. When it gets below 50° - you have to drive according to the limitations of the tires. As long as you don't drive like a maniac when it's cold, they're fine - I've driven in temps as low as 2° with mine, with absolutely no issues. You certainly don't want to be jumping on the throttle at every redlight or going around sharp bends at 60MPH when a chill is in the air. There is a definitive line to these tires and once you cross it...we'll that's that. It's not like it's a gradual progression as far as losing traction.

Archived