TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Registered my GT500 at DMV

SHELBY1962X

Bought my '07 GT500 last December in Pennsylvania and registered it DMV on Monday in NY. It is getting disgusting the amount of fees that New York is adding on. I would feel less violated spending a weekend bent over in jail than walking back in the Motor Vehicle office. This blew me away, $36.50 registration, $50.00 new title fee an additional $10.00 because it was an out of state title transfer, $25.00 for new plates, $20.00 road use fee, an additional $10.00 road use fee because the fat pig is over 3,500 lbs. This took 2 1/2 hrs. because the clerks had no idea what to do with a PA. title and called the head DMV office for advice.

At the same time I put my F250 back on the road after storing it for the winter. Here is the kicker, I've owned since new and still had a years credit on the registration so all I needed was the sticker for the windshield - $99.00 because of the new fees. So to walk out it was $250.50 for the plates plus the 8.25% sales tax on the purchase price of the Shelby.

Any other states as ridiculous as NY?

The car failed the inspection today because there was not enough data stored in the computer, the dealer must have had the battery disconnected while it was sitting for 9 months. I need to drive it for a few days to get the codes to clear. But they are calling for 8" of snow tonight which means salt and then not being able to drive it again for awhile.

Bought my '07 GT500 last December in Pennsylvania and registered it DMV on Monday in NY. It is getting disgusting the amount of fees that New York is adding on. I would feel less violated spending a weekend bent over in jail than walking back in the Motor Vehicle office. This blew me away, $36.50 registration, $50.00 new title fee an additional $10.00 because it was an out of state title transfer, $25.00 for new plates, $20.00 road use fee, an additional $10.00 road use fee because the fat pig is over 3,500 lbs. This took 2 1/2 hrs. because the clerks had no idea what to do with a PA. title and called the head DMV office for advice.

At the same time I put my F250 back on the road after storing it for the winter. Here is the kicker, I've owned since new and still had a years credit on the registration so all I needed was the sticker for the windshield - $99.00 because of the new fees. So to walk out it was $250.50 for the plates plus the 8.25% sales tax on the purchase price of the Shelby.

The car failed the inspection today because there was not enough data stored in the computer, the dealer must have had the battery disconnected while it was sitting for 9 months. I need to drive it for a few days to get the codes to clear. But they are calling for 8" of snow tonight which means salt and then not being able to drive it again for awhile.

To renew my unexpired registration on my 2009 GT500..........$536. Let's hear it for California. With "moonbeam" in charge now it is bound to go up. If $536 sounds bad, you should see the 4 digit registration on my motorhome!!!

I just paid for another year of registration for my Shelby here in WA state. I have custom plates and the entire cost was $75.15.

I now feel the urge to post some pic's of my car. :hysterical:

GT500andChally056.jpg

GT500andChally027.jpg

GT500andChally030.jpg

GT500andChally021.jpg

Hey Rob.....who's 'Heritage' F150 is that? I thought your truck was a newer one?

:headscratch:

Also- are these pics. up to date? Is it out of the bubble now? :hysterical:

Until we no longer pay for large blocks of sick days, personal days (cough, cough - shopping /sleeping days), every holiday in the book, weeks of vacation, summers off, subsidizing state/local/federal government workers health care and pensions - DMV (and most every other revenue generating government agency) will continue to be the whore chosen by government officials to pick your pocket.

I.....love NY! :rip:

I think in the end, you have to learn to enjoy every moment you're above ground (ridiculous fees or not). As soon as the salt from this latest storm has been washed away by a rainstorm or two, get out there and enjoy being behind the wheel of a truly fantastic machine. Just watch out for the Troopers - they are looking for record revenues this year... :mad:

On Edit:

Californians, my heart goes out to you. You're screwed. Maybe better to hit rock bottom instead of grasping for breath for what seems to be an eternity. Then again, were the majority there given the chance to start over again, your state would be just as troubled as it is now - if not more!

Yeah... lately, we can't even brag about our great weather out here. It's been raining hard on and off for weeks. We're running 130% of normal for rain and the Sierras are covered thick with an average 8 foot snow pack.

Oh... and the vehicle registration fees are off the charts. I "donated" $700+ for my 2011.

I just paid for another year of registration for my Shelby here in WA state. I have custom plates and the entire cost was $75.15.

I now feel the urge to post some pic's of my car. :hysterical:

(gratuitous pictures removed) :redcard::hysterical:

Mine cost the same as Grabbers and my county has no inspections or emissions. It is, however, against the law to modify the exhaust in the state of WA. At least that is what a local city cop was saying as he was admiring the sound of Shelby. :hysterical:

So to walk out it was $250.50 for the plates plus the 8.25% sales tax on the purchase price of the Shelby.

Are you kiddin' me?

I paid cash for my car and Sales Tax was included in the final price (I think I wrote the check for just over $56K).

EDIT: I just looked, it was for $54,599.85 but don't remember if that included the $1,000 deposit or not).

I got the MSO from Ford in the mail and took it into El Paso County (Colorado) DMV.

It cost me somewhere over $1,400.oo to title, register and (standard) plate my 2010 MUSTANG (and THAT is what Co. DMV considers it). I believe it was closer to $1,450.oo for the initial registration/title/plates.

I got my renewal after year one of ownership...I paid it by E-check so I don't show the amount in my checkbook register but I seem to remember it was in the $700 range. That is, PER YEAR (slowly decreasing over time). That's just BULLSH*T!

I wouldn't bitch about $250 if I were you!

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

Wow... I thought NY was the worst at everything tax and fee related, this post was an eye opener. It's amazing how much it varies from state to state by the comments that were posted. Google search came up with 250,000,000 registered vehicles in the US. Take that total times an estimate of $250.00 per vehicle per year and it comes out to $62,500,000,000.00 - what a cash cow for the states.

Wow... I thought NY was the worst at everything tax and fee related, this post was an eye opener. It's amazing how much it varies from state to state by the comments that were posted. Google search came up with 250,000,000 registered vehicles in the US. Take that total times an estimate of $250.00 per vehicle per year and it comes out to $62,500,000,000.00 - what a cash cow for the states.

Shoot, I thought Colorado was high.....

Now I KNOW it's frickin' HIGH!

I think I need'a use my Son's address in California for my Shelby!!!

Dang,

Phill

Archived