TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tispco's Ride

tispco

Hey Tipsco - was just looking over this thread because I'm going to do the same body mods to mine. Thanks for the tip on painting the mini-chin spoiler but it's much less of an issue on an Alloy. Now that you've had yours for awhile, is there anything you would do differently? How's the GT500 spoiler holding up?

• 2 weeks later...

No regrets. I have been quite happy with my Mustang's mods. The body mods are holding up fine. I think my Mustang turned out relatively understated since I did not add any scoops or stripes and used mainly factory parts. Most people have no idea how much it has been modified. They are surprised when I tell them what I have done.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't posted to this thread in awhile. I have been enjoying my 'Stang! Anyways, my 'Stang is about a year old now. No problems since I picked it up at the dealer and I have about 5000 miles on it now. I bought some new rims and tires for it this week -- CT-R GT40 rims and Goodyear Supercar F1 tires in the same sizes at the GT500. I also bought a set of Rotorpros drilled and slotted rotors and lightbar from MRT. I'm looking forward to getting them installed!! I'll post some pics when its done. Piedmont Modular Performance is not to far from me and I am considering a FRPP supercharger and suspension......

post-3252-1204171383_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1204171801_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1204171383_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1204171801_thumb.jpg

Grabber -

I have a Granatelli CAI installed now. You can feel the difference and it sounds great. The CAI was pretty easy to install as well.

After being at the Birthday Bash, I've had the bug to make more changes to my Mustang. There were just too many awesome cars there and I really enjoyed the GT-H I rented. Too bad I can't send my Musatng to SAI for a full Shelby GT/SC conversion!! I'd be the first in line!!

• 3 months later...

ShelbyGT/SC asked about pics of my 'Stang so I thought I would update this thread. Over the last few months, I've added a CDC light bar, CT-R wheels, GT500 sized Goodyear Eagle F1's, Rotorpro rotors, and a Seibon Carbon SS Hood. I am probably going to paint part of the hood, but I would like to leave some of the carbon fiber exposed. I also have a new suspension sitting in the attic waiting to be installed.

My Mustang was pretty heavily modified before I made this round of changes, but most people never noticed it was not stock. Since I made this last round of changes, I have people looking at it all the time. A guy asked me if it was a Saleen recently and I had a guy in a Ferrari F430 wanting to stoplight race me as well -- I had to behave, the little ones were in the back seat....

post-3252-1213841047.jpg

post-3252-1213841093.jpg

post-3252-1213841485.jpg

post-3252-1213841047.jpg

post-3252-1213841093.jpg

post-3252-1213841485.jpg

• 8 months later...

I had been looking forward to the SCMC / Pro-Dyno Cruise-In for several weeks. It was rained out last weekend and rescheduled for today. It was a beautiful day here in Charlotte and absolutely perfect for a car show. The boys and I brought the Mustang to the show and won our class!! Very cool!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-3252-1236465407_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1236465431_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1236465407_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1236465431_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got a great deal on a Whipple back in the Fall. I was going to install it myself, but I am having some medical issues and it will be a long time before I can do that kind of stuff. SO, I decided to have a shop, Pro-Dyno, install it for me. They are also installing Steeda Ultralite springs, Tokico D-Spec's, and Stillen swaybars. The supercharger is installed and they were tuning it when I stopped by today. I am looking forward to getting my 'Stang back. It should be an entirely different car!!

post-3252-1237949236_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1237949236_thumb.jpg

Tim,

I just read thru your entire thread. It's been a while. Your car seems to get upgrades every year. Very nicely done.

I remember you picked your car up the same day I did and talking to you on delivery day on the phone.

Love the looks of the SC. :happy feet:

Tim,

I just read thru your entire thread. It's been a while. Your car seems to get upgrades every year. Very nicely done.

I remember you picked your car up the same day I did and talking to you on delivery day on the phone.

Love the looks of the SC. :happy feet:

Thanks. It unintentionally has turned into an annual upgrade routine! My brother, his family, and my parents (Redstang88) visit once a year in the Spring, so it motivates me to finish my projects - my brother and family arrive tomorrow. :happy feet: I figure trying out the supercharger in person is a lot more fun than seeing a picture of it!!! For this year, the wheels / tire combo I put on last year had some issues and I changed it, I have had the supercharger since November, and the suspension was suppose to be part of last year's mods and has been in the attic for over a year because I was undecided whether I wanted to drop it.

The same day delivery was pretty cool as well! It added to the excitement for me. I still appreciate the help you gave me tracking my car. The guys at my dealership were amazed I knew more about the status of the car than they did!

Looking great Tim. I had no idea you supercharged it...wat till you drive it...it will be a whole different animal!!! can't wait to see the back end lowered...LOL

Alex

Sorry, I knew you were already disappointed (as was I) the order was messed up. It was definitely Murphy's law at work, since my car was at the shop waiting for the springs. So the H&R's will either end up on my car if the Ultralites are too low or RedStang88 (my dad) will get more free upgrades from me for his '08 GT convertible. I'll keep you updated and thank you again for straightening everything out.

I picked up my Mustang yesterday. What a change! I was expecting a beast, but it turned out fantastic. The power is very smooth and the car is incredibly quick, but very driveable. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I also have to thank the guys at Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC again. They really did a great job. I am very picky and I cannot find a single issue. They are very familar with Mustangs and realize we want our cars perfect. :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-3252-1238580227_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1238580227_thumb.jpg

Good Morning Tim!

Must say that the Mustang looks very impressive with a clean, well ordered engine bay to say nothing about the horsepwoer. Thanks for getting the picture up on the board. After reading your remarks on quickness, handling and smooth power delivery, I am jealous. A Whipple just might be a great addition to my new 08?

:salute: to the King :cry:

Redstang88

Archived