TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tispco's Ride

tispco

Well, after a bad start this morning, my Mustang is fixed and at home in my garage. Here are some pictures: (the GT500 in the background is a Ford media vehicle)

Tim,

I am glad you got her home. She looks sweet. What was the problem that had to be fixed ?

Rob

Well, after a bad start this morning, my Mustang is fixed and at home in my garage. Here are some pictures: (the GT500 in the background is a Ford media vehicle)

Very nice -What problem did you have, hope was minor.

Grabber / Shelby001

Sorry I didn't explain that was over here:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=5195&st=40

One of the metal heater tubes under the intake manifold is leaking at one of the connections and made a mess under the hood. Also, the hood latch was out of adjustment and the hood would not close. They ordered the parts and fixed it yesterday afternoon and I picked it up last night. To repair the connection, they had to remove the upper intake manifold and all the injectors. They are also going to replace the hood liner since it got soaked (lots of white spots everywhere). I was disappointed to say the least.

When I went to pick it up, I could not even start the engine, let alone drive it. Since last night I have put 50 miles in it and everything seems OK. I am hoping it got off the a bad start and that is the end of the problems.

SCGT500 --

It is a beautiful day here. Sunny and 65. My Mustang is out in the driveway with the top down and I need to go drive it some more!

...looks good. Appears to be a nice day to get out and about.

Where did you get the billet piece that fits around the shifter boot? And do you like how it fits?

thanks

John

The piece around the shift boot and the knob are part of the 07 Premier Interior Package. Both fit great. The cupholder piece is from Silver Horse Racing.

My latest mods! What do you guys think. I figure with the new front end treatment, the engine will run much cooler and that spoiler didn't look too good anyways.

..with the front end, I figure you're going to the rufstang look :poke:

following the wall encounter that is :banghead:

..I was at the kansas city car show last night and took a closer look at the metal piece around the shift boot. I like the look a lot, but nothing on the aftermarket seems to be an exact match. I guess I will just start ordering pieces and eventually find one that looks ok.

Your car is going to be a gem. keep us updated with progress.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I am test fitting the new CS/GT front fascia and GT-500 spoiler. Everything looks good and the parts go to the body shop on Wednesday for paint.

I like the GT500 spoiler replacing the stock spoiler. The stock spoiler on the vert's short trunk looks weird. I'm really sorry I didn't do the delete. Who is going to do the painting?

I'm getting closer! I just need the Shelby GT grill insert. The blackout on the tail is a magnetic piece and I might change that to a decal that goes up a bit higher. I had Queen City Lincoln Mercury do the paint. They have done work for me in the past and did a great job this time too.

post-3252-1174877036_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1174877057_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1174877088_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1174877036_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1174877057_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1174877088_thumb.jpg

Oh, yeah!

Love the front clip - and the mirrors - and the rims.

I'm not sure about the rear blackout panel....but - just my 2c!

Lookin good, man.

Can't wait to hear your comments on the shifter. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Beautiful ride you have there, sweet :bowdown:

Are all your mods complete or do you have some more plans? I think a Supercharger would really complete the picture for you! The addition of the SC would Vette prove your Stang, at least for the normal run of the mill C5 and C6. The ZO6 would be a different story.

I'm getting closer! I just need the Shelby GT grill insert. The blackout on the tail is a magnetic piece and I might change that to a decal that goes up a bit higher. I had Queen City Lincoln Mercury do the paint. They have done work for me in the past and did a great job this time too.

Your finished product turned out fantastic. I love the GT/CS front clip and your new spoiler. Nice work. It's nice to see a plan all come together like that. It looks like it was meant to be. :happy feet:

It's Done.....

......for now! I got the Shelby GT grill installed. It is a real pain grinding down the stock grill to get the Shelby GT insert to fit. Also, Shelby does not sell the emblem and mounting hardware. It is a 65/66 fender emblem and is very easy to get, but mounting it was a bit of a pain. I ended up using JB Weld and attaching a bolt to the back of the emblem.

post-3252-1176053623_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176053665_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176053706_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176054033_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176053623_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176053665_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176053706_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1176054033_thumb.jpg

It's Done.....

......for now! I got the Shelby GT grill installed. It is a real pain grinding down the stock grill to get the Shelby GT insert to fit. Also, Shelby does not sell the emblem and mounting hardware. It is a 65/66 fender emblem and is very easy to get, but mounting it was a bit of a pain. I ended up using JB Weld and attaching a bolt to the back of the emblem.

Wow....Very classy looking. One of a kind look most likely. You won't see many of those around !

Great Job.

Actually, I am test fitting the new CS/GT front fascia and GT-500 spoiler. Everything looks good and the parts go to the body shop on Wednesday for paint.

Wow, I am thinking about doing that same thing to mine. I actually started a thread with that topic a few months ago! I was debating to myself about the elanore style grill, but for sure I want that GT/CS front clip, and the rear bumper actually also. The GT500 style spoiler is also on my list. Mind me asking how much you got your pieces (bumper and GT500 spoiler) for, and where? I was e-mailing a ford dealer near minneapolis, just got too busy. I think he was offering a better price than any of my local Ford dealers. Looks great, mine will look like that eventually. Your mustang will have a vista blue cousin up here in Michigan. I was going to rename it the "Michigan Special". Looks good man, I am trying to decide about painting the cross piece on the front bumper also????? Cannot decide if I like it black or painted..... Choices, choices.

I know the guys at the parts counter at my local Lincoln Mercury dealer pretty well and they gave me a 15% discount on the parts. Their body shop also did the paint work. The GT/CS front and rear fascias as well as the GT-500 spoiler are available as accessory parts from Ford. That is the best part number to start with for price. The same parts as replacement pieces are $100's more. Very crazy pricing, but I know other manufacturers do the same thing with accessory pricing. The list price on the front fascia was $399. I paid $339.00 + tax.

I had a tough time deciding to paint the lower portion or leave it black. I decided I did not have a GT/CS and I wanted something unique, so I ended up painting the cross section. FYI -- It comes already painted black and my paint guys didn't want to mess with it since it was already painted and the surface is textured. It took a little arm twisting, but they painted it and it turned out great.

I know the guys at the parts counter at my local Lincoln Mercury dealer pretty well and they gave me a 15% discount on the parts. Their body shop also did the paint work. The GT/CS front and rear fascias as well as the GT-500 spoiler are available as accessory parts from Ford. That is the best part number to start with for price. The same parts as replacement pieces are $100's more. Very crazy pricing, but I know other manufacturers do the same thing with accessory pricing. The list price on the front fascia was $399. I paid $339.00 + tax.

I had a tough time deciding to paint the lower portion or leave it black. I decided I did not have a GT/CS and I wanted something unique, so I ended up painting the cross section. FYI -- It comes already painted black and my paint guys didn't want to mess with it since it was already painted and the surface is textured. It took a little arm twisting, but they painted it and it turned out great.

Yeah, I agree, it turned out great. I still think I might leave it black. I have enough black parts to my car that it would match enough. I need those mirror covers though, I like em. You were not interested in the rear bumper? I think that looks better than stock also IMO. I might go for both front and rear. Your price sounds good, but I had a quote for the rear bumper for $148.87 plus shipping. I never got a quote for the front. Hopefully they cut me a deal though. I am down for that style, I like it. I just did not want to pay so much extra for Ford to do it for me! Later

• 3 weeks later...

Installed MGW Shifter and GT 500 e-brake

I finally got these installed over the weekend. The shifter is great. It has an adjustable throw between 15% to 50%. I have mine at about 30% shorter. The shifter is quieter and vibrates less than the stock shifter did. They have two different handles. One for the stock shift knob and one for an aftermarket shift knob. Also, the craftsmanship is incredible. This piece could easily be on a high-end supercar.

post-3252-1177947294_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1177947294_thumb.jpg

Archived