TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS Members Scores KR Parts

Clearcoat

The Brembos are standard GT500 fare.

I can see why some may want the CF splitter. Its a really nice peice. The suspension bits are really nice and transform the GT500. So these parts I get it why some would want them.

But for the life of me I don't understand why those who don't have a KR want to put wheels on their car that say "GT500KR". :headscratch: They are gorgeous wheels but ....if you don't have a KR you want your wheels to say "GT500KR"?

For the same reasons that people put Saleen, Roush and Shelby logo'd parts on non original cars. They represent one of Shelby's finest and adding them creates a unique touch for someone's car. How many times have we seen 60's stangs with all the GT parts added (including the logo'd hub caps) or 70's stangs with all the Mach 1 stuff on them when they weren't really GT's or Mach 1's to begin with. And, as you mentioned, they look fantastic while the lettering is pretty small and isn't noticable unless you are right up on the car. If I had a regular GT500 and had a chance to get a set at a decent price, I'd probably do it too...just my opinion.

1. But for the life of me I don't understand why those who don't have a KR want to put wheels on their car that say "GT500KR". :headscratch:

2. They are gorgeous wheels but ....if you don't have a KR you want your wheels to say "GT500KR"?

1. Because they don't make 18" Alcoa Dura-Brights without the GT500KR engraved in the lip.

2. I wish they didn't say GT500KR on them. I bought a set and told the seller that quite frankly, if they didn't have the GT500KR engraved in them they would be worth MORE to me than with the GT500KR on them.

I am *not* a fan of the "big wheel" craze. I don't like 20's, or 22's or 24's or any other big ass wheel but I *am* a fan of the 10-spoke Alcoa Dura-Bright wheel. I want SIDEWALL and with the 18's, I got the best of both worlds. 10-spoke Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels in 18" diameter with sidewalls.

If I want skateboard wheels, I'll buy a skateboard!

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue & white GT500 with 18" GT500KR wheels/tires

For the same reasons that people put Saleen, Roush and Shelby logo'd parts on non original cars. They represent one of Shelby's finest and adding them creates a unique touch for someone's car.

That's not at all why I put KR wheels/tires on my '10 GT500. See my previous post.

Quite simply put, I put the GT500KR wheels/tires on my car because that's the only way I can get 18" Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels (i.e. with the GT500KR engraving on them).

If Shelby ever starts making 18" Dura-Brights I'll sell my KR wheels and buy a set of non-KR wheels from Shelby!!!

Phill (Seriously)

1. Because they don't make 18" Alcoa Dura-Brights without the GT500KR engraved in the lip.

2. I wish they didn't say GT500KR on them. I bought a set and told the seller that quite frankly, if they didn't have the GT500KR engraved in them they would be worth MORE to me than with the GT500KR on them.

I am *not* a fan of the "big wheel" craze. I don't like 20's, or 22's or 24's or any other big ass wheel but I *am* a fan of the 10-spoke Alcoa Dura-Bright wheel. I want SIDEWALL and with the 18's, I got the best of both worlds. 10-spoke Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels in 18" diameter with sidewalls.

If I want skateboard wheels, I'll buy a skateboard!

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue & white GT500 with 18" GT500KR wheels/tires

+1, I sooooo, want a set, I just have my $$ limits. Just like on the brakes, and $650 is over what I am willing to spend.

Archived