TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car shows

SGT0225

In our area, where do you get your information for up coming shows?

Last year I went to a few shows put on by this company http://www.doublekproductions.com/

They charge a small fee and it's usually at a Hooters restaurant (but not always).

:shift:

That's a good question. The Great Lakes Region directors are compiling that info as I write this. I can give some dates that us in Illinois are looking at.

The first is May 21 & 22. This is a racing event plus a showing of vintage Mustangs at Autobahn CC in Joliet,Il. The old iron will be at the track on Sunday.

Of course if you want to make a trip down I 55 you can go to Shelbyfest I'n Hermann MO. That's happening April 28 - May 1. As we firm up some more dates they will be posted. But if you have any further questions contact me,I am here to help.

Also Karry at double K productions runs very nice shows and I have attended some of them. His list is always up to date.

Rich

You can always check out and join http://www.windycitystangs.com/forums/. They are a great group of people and always have a lot going on during the spring, summer and fall.

Shelbygtdriver@live.com

Sounds like Double K, VOLO, and Windy City are 3 places to start.

I always get 2 or 3 flyers from going to Double K shows.

First I have to put on my 20" wheels and tires, then car shows.

:shift:

Thank you RICH,

Anyone else know of any good ideas?

When the Great Lakes Team Shelby website comes on line. One page should be dedicated to Shelby/Mustang Events and shows listed by state or date, which ever would be easiest to read.

Event info could be sent to state directors who would in turn forward to whoever is running the website.

When the Great Lakes Team Shelby website comes on line. One page should be dedicated to Shelby/Mustang Events and shows listed by state or date, which ever would be easiest to read.

Event info could be sent to state directors who would in turn forward to whoever is running the website.

Thats kinda where I would like to see this idea go....

going some where and typing in (or automaticly by signing in) events that are being put on in your area or the Zip code/county you type in

and seeing events in your area for the next x amount of weeks, or all summer.

I thought of this by trying to "plan my summer"

Ditto on the car shows, somebody is always handing out a flyer.

That is the plan Guys. Your state directors are looking hard at events in the area. Not only shows but, cruises and track events. We may be a bit behind this year but, we will be making major progress

I have heard that this place has a large cruise nite. Maybe some one from Wisc has been there. We could bet some Shelbys to gather there. Rick

http://www.gussdrivein.com/index.php

Gus's is local to me and we try to hit it a few times each summer. It does get pretty busy in mid-summer with a wide range of classics and muscle cars, but I have only seen a handful of late model Mustangs there. They only have limited parking at the drive-in itself (paved), but use the school's field across the street for overflow (grass), which has easy access in/out.

Another place similar to Gus's in Richmond is Dog n Suds

Chicagolandmustang Club is also another good site to see what's happening in our area.

Archived