TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 stock Eaton super charger rotor coating

DOGEMAN223

When I had 08 GT500 I removed oem super charger to install KenneBell I found stock Eaton super charger rotor coating was coming off edge of the rotor, Where two rotors meet coating looks like carbon black. Before the super charger install I did noticed my boost had dropped off from 9psi to max of 7.5psi and I asked dealer was told this is normal boose drop. I think the reason drop in boost was from coating is coming off. Has anyone had this problem.

When I had 08 GT500 I removed oem super charger to install KenneBell I found stock Eaton super charger rotor coating was coming off edge of the rotor, Where two rotors meet coating looks like carbon black. Before the super charger install I did noticed my boost had dropped off from 9psi to max of 7.5psi and I asked dealer was told this is normal boose drop. I think the reason drop in boost was from coating is coming off. Has anyone had this problem.

I`am not so sure this would be normal ,butwhat you desribe would increase lobe clearance which would cause lower boost I will check mine when weather decides to get better .

I`am not so sure this would be normal ,butwhat you desribe would increase lobe clearance which would cause lower boost I will check mine when weather decides to get better .

I took mine out around 900 miles and I did not care what dealer told me at that time because I was replacing the blower. Now I am concerned since I am getting a 2012. I also seen similer coating wear on one of the ebay blower was forsale with no reserve.

Thanks

Archived