TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 Shelby clutch

I'm sure most of you have already experience a clutch problem or two, so i will save you the details. i have an 09 Shelby, it's at the dealers getting a new clutch. It's seems that Ford wants to blame the driver for hotrodding (that's B.S. and they know it). I don't have that kind of cash to be repairing the clutch every year. Is there any clutch perhaps a performance clutch that can eliminate the headaches?

I'm looking for suggestions.

Semper Fi Shelby

I'm sure most of you have already experience a clutch problem or two, so i will save you the details. i have an 09 Shelby, it's at the dealers getting a new clutch. It's seems that Ford wants to blame the driver for hotrodding (that's B.S. and they know it). I don't have that kind of cash to be repairing the clutch every year. Is there any clutch perhaps a performance clutch that can eliminate the headaches?

I'm looking for suggestions.

Semper Fi Shelby

Should be covered under Warranty ,talk to the service manager. There are several after market clutches out there The Speck clutch is popular check past post on Clutch replacement.

Thanks guys for the input, you gave me some good ideas. Its too late this time around but i will definetly start looking into an aftermarket clutch for the next time. The shelby only has 13000 miles and it caught me off guard when the clutch suddenly locked first gear in place and it would not disengage. It appears that there is a flaw in the clutch system and this has been an ongoing problem. Ford does not want to take responsiblity and instead they want to blame the driver for hot rodding. Next time i will be better prepared especially now that i know what to expect. At first i thought it was the transmission but i quickly learned it was the clutch after the vehicle was already in the dealership. We all know once you take the vehicle to the dealership they want to warn you that if you go with an after market clutch it null and voids the warranty. Anyway thanks again, drive safe and enjoy your rides.

Semper Fi,

Thats such crap, its covered under the TSB. Point that out to them. The whole purpose of the second part of the TSB is to change the guts of the tranny so it WONT hang in gear... I just had mine done, with zero issues from the dealer, and it was only rough going into second gear! I would point this out, and if they have a problem, just call the Regional Manager for Ford, keep going up the chain of command until they fix it correctly. Its the TSB, not hot rodding, they know this. Its sad some dealers are such jack a$$'s, I'm glad our dealer rocks.

Archived