TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers 5th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 5/28/11

Grabber

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice pics Tedj.

Thank you Rob for organizing this terrific event. It was very nice to see the faces that go to the names on this forum and catching up with old friends as well. The cruise and amazing spread of beautiful cars was an added bonus. Jodi and I had a great time.

I believe Alex said it best that "Grabberville is 90% about the people, 10% about the cars." Well put.

P.S. Sorry Dave's GT/SC is slightly askew in the pics. When he offered up the keys so I could do a coffee run, I could not say no! I was all grins.

Yes thanks to grabber and Tana for throwing a fantastic event. We can not thank everyone enough for their hospitality. It is always great to see old friends and being so far from home this time we got to make lots of new ones!!!

2011 - 5th Annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

This year's gathering was so fun. I want to personally thank everyone for attending. It's so much fun seeing everyone, and visiting with you all. Everyone always thanks me for the work that I do to put the event on, but I don't think about it as work. I would not do it if it was not fun and if I did not enjoy it.

We had a total of 38 cars attend this years event.

We had 75 people eat lunch and most of them went to dinner too.

Special thanks to tedj for helping me lay out the parking lot and issue the lunch tickets. Thanks to my son David and daughter Katie for bagging up all the trash and cleaning the grange hall after we left. The Field Kitchen served us a great meal as usual and the band was fun to have as some entertainment.

Again….Thanks to everyone for attending. I have some ideas for next year and I hope you can all make it again.

I have bunch of Pic's from the event, ride and dinner to share with you all. I will post them in groups of 10 and they start from the very end of the event wich was our parking lot socializing after dinner at Rockys, then the dinner, then the ride, then the event at the Manor Grange hall.

158.jpg

157.jpg

156.jpg

155.jpg

154.jpg

153.jpg

152.jpg

151.jpg

150.jpg

149.jpg

Rob

Thanks for a great time yesterday!

We appreciate all your time as well as that of Tana, David & Katie:)

Larry & Cindy

It was great to see you. I'm so glad you were able to attend and that you were able to bring your car.

Alex came over to my house this afternoon and we BBQ'd up some lunch and had a nice visit before he headed back to Palm Springs. I always enjoy spending time with Alex. Tana & I consider you a very good friend !

Alex - I hope your drive to the Tillimok cheese factory and thru the Oregon coast range is a scenic adventure on your way home.

002-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

Sherri and I had a great time as usual. Good to see old friends and some new faces as well. Thanks to Rob and Tana for all the hard work they do to organize this. It was a great venue, good food and fun drive, even with the hail storm.

Can't wait for next years.

Big Thanks to Tana and Rob!! a great time as always, as my youngest says "the Best Ever"!! We had an uneventful ride home no sand or hail storms. will post pictures when i get them down loaded. A big three cheers for Ken and Family the bell o f the ball would still be in Medford with out them!!

Glen and Lisa

Tonight my wife Tana said to me. "you know Rob, everyone really had fun at your car show. You should be proud of this event. It's the only one of it's kind in the area". She then said that she thought the reason people like it is because there is no political car show agenda and that the show was more for the people than for the cars. She told me that I should not change the date for next year because people are used to this being a Memorial week end event. So everyone mark your calendar for next year.

I am going to plan a small summer coffee.... ride and lunch. Stay tuned for that. happy%20feet.gif

I'm ready for next year. Looking at all the pictures shows that everyone had a great time. By then I should learn how to shift the car. Haven't had a standard in some time. Still no word on the shipping of my car. Hope soon. I've already bought my garage full of add-ons. If not I'll have a lot of stuff for sale.

I'm ready for next year. Looking at all the pictures shows that everyone had a great time. By then I should learn how to shift the car. Haven't had a standard in some time. Still no word on the shipping of my car. Hope soon. I've already bought my garage full of add-ons. If not I'll have a lot of stuff for sale.

I checked with BNSF today to see if your car was loaded. Unfortunately it has not. I will let you know when it is loaded.

C5215049 No Information (1) - no waybill

I forgot to say that a very special thank you goes out to VMP (Justin Starky) :superhero: for sending a dozen T-shirts, a pulley, a coolant tank and 2 $300 gift certs for credit on a TVS. This gesture was given to the event unsolicited. These items were given away at a random drawing. It was fun to give some stuff away.

Team Shelby has once said that they would sponsor some give a ways at the event....but never have. I have never pushed the issue, but many, many members have asked me why TS does not have any involvement in the event. I really don't know what to tell them. WA and OR do not seem to be on any Shelby radar whatsoever.

Looks like another great PNW Meet & Greet. The event and everyone in attendance was on my mind all day yesterday.

Rob, Tana and Family are truly wonderful people. Safe travels to all those headed home.

Archived