TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers 5th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 5/28/11

Grabber

Grabber do you want us to send you money for the band now or give when we arrive?

I am going to have a donation can at the party to try to re coupe some of the $300 bucks I have paid for the band.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To bad when work get in the way of fun!! Lisa and I will miss you two :( Take care of yourselves and we will see you another time I am sure

Glen

Thanks Glen :beerchug: . Every now and again the shop gets in the way :shrug: .

Please give Lisa our best and have a great road trip North.

The cruise Looks Great Rob!! See you guys next week.

Going to Miss you Dan and Marji.

I picked Glen and Lisa up at the airport and gave them their car back with some new "mods" They will certainly get to have a little more fun on the trip up with us...LOL

Alex

3 more work days and then it's play time. Yay. I'd prefer a bright sunny day but I'll take whatever we get, which looks like some rain mix.

Just got done detailing the interior, changed my plugs and cleaned my air filter.

Between now and Friday I've got to detail the exterior, clean under the hood ( winter driving isn't kind) and hopefully change the oil.

See y'all Saturday mornin

Well....there is a "Couple of showers possible" according to Accuweather.

Check this link:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/battle-ground/98604/forecast-weekends.asp

If that happens...we can step into the huge grange hall that we all have rented and listen to the 5 piece band and have lunch. Sat. is going to rock...no matter what the weather does.

happy%20feet.gif

Rob

Put me & Bev down 09 GT500 white/blue

and my son & wife

Terry & Lori 07 GT500 vert white

I gotcha marked down on the master list on post #1. I'm glad to see that you are bringing both cars this year again. We missed you last year and it will be great to see you guys again.

I just talked to Alex and he is coming but not driving his car due to an issue, so now we will have 51 cars in the photo shoot.

Adjusted head count:

1. Grabber - Rob & Tana - 2007 GT500 -Grabber Orange (Attending dinner)

2. 96 Black Pony–David & bro Chris & Grabbers Dad-1996 Mustang GT"S" - Black (Attending dinner)

3. Lgs ShelbyGT - Larry & Cindy -2007 SGT - Black (attending dinner)

4. glroy - Glen and Lisa - 2007 gt500 Black vert (attending dinner)

5. Dave c- Dave and Sherri - 2007 SGT/SC - Black - (attending dinner)

6. Quadshot - Curt & Kathy - 2008 Barrett Jackson Shelby GT - black w/red vert (attending dinner)

7. mitch07ss0113 - Mitch & daughter Asia - 2007 GT500 SuperSnake - Black (attending dinner)

8. 8sgt441- Adam - 2008 sgt- Blue (attending dinner)

9. kahmann - Ken and Landa - 2008 Shelby GT - Vista Blue (attending dinner)

10. srv1090 - Randy & Lori - 09 GT 500 Red w/silver stripes

11. JnJ3891 - Jim & Joyce - 2007 SGT - Black (attending dinner)

12. FordFan1 - Kerry & Diane - 2008 SGT- Blue (attending dinner)

13. Skullkraken - Todd and Nikki - 2009 GT500 - Vapor/Black

14. ShelbyII - Scott and Margaret - 2008 GT500 - Vapor (attending dinner)

15. Jumper - Reen & Karin & Child - 2008 GT500 - Black

16. GT500Ron - Ron & Kathy & 2 guests -2008 GT500 Red-White Stripe

17. itowem - Mike & Guest - 2007 Shelby GT - SGT4239/Black w Silver Stripes (attending dinner)

18. herpony68 & hispony - Ron and Helaina. From NJ!!! Woohoo!!! - 2011 mustang GT - Sterling grey with flames!! (attending dinner)

19. Maulem5210c - Alan & Lisa - 2010 GT500 - Sterling Gray with Black Stripes (attending Dinner)

20. Red – Tony & Kathy – 2010 GT500 - Kona Blue w/silver stripes (attending dinner)

21. Rogshelby2103 - Roger&Robin - 2008 sgt/sc - vista blue (attending dinner)

22. GTH176 – Mark – 2006 Hertz (attending dinner)

23. Autogal – Linda – 2007 Hertz (attending dinner)

24. racin' randy - Randy & Myrna - 2010 GT500 - Grey metallic (attending dinner)

25. Tedj - Ted & Anna - 2010 GT500 - Kona Blue (Attending dinner)

26. GT500ss133 – Chet & guest – 2008 GT500 Super Snake – Grabber Orange

27. Thecarguy - Dave - 2007 Shelby GT - White-Blue Painted Stripes (attending dinner)

28. Maulem5210c - Keith & Guest - 2006 Ford GT Supercar - Black with White Stripes (attending Dinner)

29. Confused – Janet - 2009 GT500 White/ Red Stripe Appearance package

30. SteelSteeds - Lance - 2008 GT 500 - Alloy/Silver (attending Dinner)

31. TrakRat - James & Jodi - 2011 SVTPP – Black (attending Dinner)

32. 2010 Snake - Bill & Bonnie – 2010 GT500 SS Torch Red(attending Dinner)

33. Fast_Eddie – Eddie & Jill – 2007 GT500 – White W/ Blue Stripes

34. cluscher – Chris & guest Ray - 2007 GT500 Black/Tungsten stripes

35. BadTony – Tony & guest – 2007 GT500 – Vista Blue (attending Dinner)

36. SCGT2666 – Ron & Wendy – 2007 Shelby GT/SC – Black (attending dinner)

37. FireSnake - Leon & Cynthia–2007 SuperSnake Vista Blue 427,40th Annv. (attending dinner)

38. MustangMissy - Missy W.- 2007 Shelby GT500 Red W/White stripes

39. Dennis the Menace - Dennis W.- 2009 Shelby GT500 Black W/Red stripes

40. Captainbob – Bob & Guest - 2007 GT500

41. 07SGT/SC#047 – Randy & 2 guests - 2007 SGT/SC White (attending dinner)

42. vapor08GT500 – Alex - No Car this year (attending dinner)

43. Dwan - Dwan & Travis - 2008 GT500 - Black (attending Dinner)

44. Bumplime – Brandon & guest – 2008 GT500 - vista blue (attending dinner)

45. DAVEJARRETT88–Dave&Cheryl–2010 GT500-Red W/Silver Stripes(attending dinner)

46. Terry & Maurine (Rob's neighbors) - 2007 GT/CS – Red

47. swedeman-Dave & Sue - 2007 Shelby GT/SC #1182

48. Bo & his wife – 2007 GT500 – Alloy (putnamdo's old car)

49. cobra 07 - Chuck and Bev - 2009 GT500 White / Blue

50. cobra 07 (son) Terry & Lori - 2007 GT500 vert / White

Additional guests for Lunch: 6

Total head count for Lunch: 102

Total head count for dinner: 66

Well everyone I am posting to let ya know that we are not going to make it this year. :cry: I have to go up to my lake house and get a water problem sorted out. As in there ain't no water! :o It's a whole thing. :doh: Unfortunately I can't put it off. Freaking great timing. Anyway, have a great time and hope to see ya next year. :shift:

-- Bob

Well everyone I am posting to let ya know that we are not going to make it this year. :cry: I have to go up to my lake house and get a water problem sorted out. As in there ain't no water! :o It's a whole thing. :doh: Unfortunately I can't put it off. Freaking great timing. Anyway, have a great time and hope to see ya next year. :shift:

-- Bob

I'm on the phone with Alex right now and he's pissed and says that's not a good enough excuse. He should be calling you any minute now.

I'm on the phone with Alex right now and he's pissed and says that's not a good enough excuse. He should be calling you any minute now.

Yeah he called as I was reading your post. :angry22: Unfortunately I am out of options and just have to deal with this now. We will miss seeing everyone. You all have a great time and post lots of pics! Hope to see some of ya at Dearborn!

Inside the Manor Grange Hall that I have rented, there is a big stage and a huge wood floor for dancing or hanging out. I am going to put the band up on the stage. We will also have the entire lower floor for visiting and eating also.

Here's some info on the band that will be entertaining us:

There She Goes performs as a duo as well as a 5-piece band playing the songs you want to hear. They can perform over 70 cover songs as well as 40 originals. If you need a special song for a special event they can learn it or write one to fit the venue. They can be seen in the Portland, Oregon area, in the Seattle area, and around the U.S.'s Pacific Northwest region. Performing songs from Led Zeppelin, Elton John, KC And The Sunshine Band, to Johnny Cash.

The duo is made up of Christi Mangner on vocals and Amy Wells on vocals and guitar. There She Goes performs scintillating, thought-provoking, truthful, and playful music that you need to hear.

Some of the songs we will be hearing:

1.Shut Your Eyes. Snow Patrol

2.The One I Love. REM

3.Lady Madonna. Beatles

4.So Into You. ARS

5.Take Me To The River. Talking Heads

6.Love Song. The Cure

7.Woo Hoo. The Blur

8.I Alone. Live

9.Dancing Days. Led Zeppelin

10.Sweet Home Alabama. Lynyrd Skynyrd

11.Red Neck Woman. Gretchen Wilson

12.I Walk The Line. Johnny Cash

13.Long Train Runnin'. Doobie Bros.

14.Losing My Religion. REM

15.If You Could Only See. Tonic

16.Behind Blue Eyes. The Who

17.Brown Eyed Girl. Van Morrison

18.Good Thing. Fine Young Cannibals

19.Black Horse And A Cherry Tree. KT Tunstall

20.Play That Funky Music. Wild Cherry

21.What I Like About You. The Romantics

22.Let's Stay Together. Al Green

23.Grey Seal. Elton John

24.Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting. Elton John

25.White Lightning And Wine. Heart

26.Ventura Hwy. America

27.Maybe I'm Amazed. Paul McCartney

28.Come As You Are. Nirvana

29.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. U2

30.Sullivan Street. Counting Crows

31.Heartbreaker. Rolling Stones

32.All I Want. Toad The Wet Sprocket

33.Here Comes The Sun. Beatles

34.Dreams. Fleetwood Mac

35.Alright Now. Free

36.What's Up. 4 Non-Blondes

37.Sara Smile. Hall & Oates

38.This Is How A Heart Breaks. Rob Thomas

39.How Far We've Come. Matchbox 20

40.Give A Little Bit. Supertramp

41.Got Me Wrong. Alice In Chains

42.Island In The Sun. Weezer

43.867-5309/Jenny. Tommy TuTone

44.Follow You Into The Dark. Deathcab For Cutie

45.Hide Your Love Away. Beatles

46.Where I Stood. Missy Higgins

47.Birthday Song. Beatles

48.Bright Lights. Matchbox 20

49.She Came In Through The Bathroom Window. Beatles

50.Something. Beatles

51.Faith. George Michael

52.Cinderella. Stephen Curtis Chapman

53.Come Away With Me. Norah Jones

54.To Be Real. Cheryl Lynne

55.We've Got The Beat. Go-Go's

56.Disco Inferno. The Tramps

57.Rain King. Counting Crows

58.Roxanne. The Police

59.Love Song. Elton John

60.Believe. Cher

61.I Can't Go For That. Hall & Oates

Tomorrow I'm going to spend some time in the parking lot at the Grange Hall marking out a very strategic parking arrangement for all the cars on the asphalt.

Ted, wanna give me a hand ?

Tomorrow I'm going to spend some time in the parking lot at the Grange Hall marking out a very strategic parking arrangement for all the cars on the asphalt.

Sure Rob, I am going to work in the morning but I can take off after lunch. Call me on my cell in the morning and let me know what time.

Ted

Sure Rob, I am going to work in the morning but I can take off after lunch. Call me on my cell in the morning and let me know what time.

Ted

I appreciate the help. I have a 4 day week end, so I will listen for your call around noon and we will meet up there.

-- Bob

bob

I live in the pwn we have had 50" of rain in the past 6 months your grass will not die those flower pots must have 30 cm of water in them.

you're got Sunday and Monday to fix it

your loss we will miss you

Hey Rob hope this does not screw up your diagram but....

Just made the call....We are not going to be there this year due to my stripes and scoop being still in process...After the striper I hired failed the first attempt...I was up until 2am last PM messing with it and I did not finish today, I am taking my time as I am doing it myself, and it looks stellar so far besides you CANNOT buy Cleco clamps over the counter here in Seattle, so no scoop install....(I usually buttweld sheetmetal and use a different set up I have none)....Seriously ridiculous how long this whole deal has taken and the time and money spent....:banghead: sssssooooooooo.

Idea #2 : Then the Mach 1 had a dead battery after not being driven for a week...(word to the wise, this is the 2nd Old Style fake out Autolite gel cell type inside battery by Antique Auto Batteries that has proven unworthy) there is NO SHORTS.....so then I have been feeling a strange harmonic vibration in the engine at 2500rpm, has been creeping me out......just traced it to the water pump having excessive radial runout...like waaaayyyyy excessive...no leaks just super sloppy shaft....never seen that one before. As the car has less than 400 miles on the MCA Gold restoration, I am not rushing to put in a China pump and running my non-fitting spare battery on a bungee cord holddown.....sssssssoooooooooo HAVE FUN GUYS!!!happy%20feet.gif

I'm going to finish my stripe job and order some cleco's from Eastwood tomorrow....ROCK ON!!!! happy%20feet.gif

Rain rain go away will not be attending if it is pouring the hood on super snake is not built for rain driving

What happens to the hood in the rain ?

Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to seeing you and your car.

Edit:

I hope the hourly forecast on Accuweather is correct. If so, it will not be too bad:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/battle-ground/98604/forecast-hourly.asp

Hey Rob hope this does not screw up your diagram but....

Just made the call....We are not going to be there this year due to my stripes and scoop being still in process...After the striper I hired failed the first attempt...I was up until 2am last PM messing with it and I did not finish today, I am taking my time as I am doing it myself, and it looks stellar so far besides you CANNOT buy Cleco clamps over the counter here in Seattle, so no scoop install....(I usually buttweld sheetmetal and use a different set up I have none)....Seriously ridiculous how long this whole deal has taken and the time and money spent....:banghead: sssssooooooooo.

Idea #2 : Then the Mach 1 had a dead battery after not being driven for a week...(word to the wise, this is the 2nd Old Style fake out Autolite gel cell type inside battery by Antique Auto Batteries that has proven unworthy) there is NO SHORTS.....so then I have been feeling a strange harmonic vibration in the engine at 2500rpm, has been creeping me out......just traced it to the water pump having excessive radial runout...like waaaayyyyy excessive...no leaks just super sloppy shaft....never seen that one before. As the car has less than 400 miles on the MCA Gold restoration, I am not rushing to put in a China pump and running my non-fitting spare battery on a bungee cord holddown.....sssssssoooooooooo HAVE FUN GUYS!!!happy%20feet.gif

I'm going to finish my stripe job and order some cleco's from Eastwood tomorrow....ROCK ON!!!! happy%20feet.gif

:banghead:

Sorry to hear the news.

Thanks for telling me.

Revised head count:

RSVP List.

Screen name and First name and year & make Mustang / Shelby & (color). Attending dinner

1. Grabber - Rob & Tana - 2007 GT500 -Grabber Orange (Attending dinner)

2. 96 Black Pony–David & bro Chris & Grabbers Dad-1996 Mustang GT"S" - Black (Attending dinner) Car not coming, people are.

3. Lgs ShelbyGT - Larry & Cindy -2007 SGT - Black (attending dinner) Tune problem

4. glroy - Glen and Lisa - 2007 gt500 Black vert (attending dinner)

5. Dave c- Dave and Sherri - 2007 SGT/SC - Black - (attending dinner)

6. Quadshot - Curt & Kathy - 2008 Barrett Jackson Shelby GT - black w/red vert (attending dinner)

7. mitch07ss0113 - Mitch & daughter Asia - 2007 GT500 SuperSnake - Black (attending dinner) Hood is not rain friendly

8. 8sgt441- Adam - 2008 sgt- Blue (attending dinner)

9. kahmann - Ken and Landa - 2008 Shelby GT - Vista Blue (attending dinner)

10. srv1090 - Randy & Lori - 09 GT 500 Red w/silver stripes

11. JnJ3891 - Jim & Joyce - 2007 SGT - Black (attending dinner)

12. FordFan1 - Kerry & Diane - 2008 SGT- Blue (attending dinner)

13. Skullkraken - Todd and Nikki - 2009 GT500 - Vapor/Black

14. ShelbyII - Scott and Margaret - 2008 GT500 - Vapor (attending dinner)

15. Jumper - Reen & Karin & Child - 2008 GT500 - Black

16. GT500Ron - Ron & Kathy & 2 guests -2008 GT500 Red-White Stripe

17. itowem - Mike & Guest - 2007 Shelby GT - SGT4239/Black w Silver Stripes (attending dinner)

18. herpony68 & hispony - Ron and Helaina. From NJ!!! Woohoo!!! - 2011 mustang GT - Sterling grey with flames!! (attending dinner) People still attending.

19. Maulem5210c - Alan & Lisa - 2010 GT500 - Sterling Gray with Black Stripes (attending Dinner)

20. Red – Tony & Kathy – 2010 GT500 - Kona Blue w/silver stripes (attending dinner)

21. Rogshelby2103 - Roger&Robin - 2008 sgt/sc - vista blue (attending dinner)

22. GTH176 – Mark – 2006 Hertz (attending dinner)

23. Autogal – Linda – 2007 Hertz (attending dinner)

24. racin' randy - Randy & Myrna - 2010 GT500 - Grey metallic (attending dinner)

25. Tedj - Ted & Anna - 2010 GT500 - Kona Blue (Attending dinner)

26. GT500ss133 – Chet & guest – 2008 GT500 Super Snake – Grabber Orange

27. Thecarguy - Dave - 2007 Shelby GT - White-Blue Painted Stripes (attending dinner)

28. Maulem5210c - Keith & Guest - 2006 Ford GT Supercar - Black with White Stripes (attending Dinner)

29. Confused – Janet - 2009 GT500 White/ Red Stripe Appearance package

30. SteelSteeds - Lance - 2008 GT 500 - Alloy/Silver (attending Dinner)

31. TrakRat - James & Jodi - 2011 SVTPP – Black (attending Dinner)

32. 2010 Snake - Bill & Bonnie – 2010 GT500 SS Torch Red(attending Dinner)

33. Fast_Eddie – Eddie & Jill – 2007 GT500 – White W/ Blue Stripes

34. cluscher – Chris & guest Ray - 2007 GT500 Black/Tungsten stripes

35. BadTony – Tony & guest – 2007 GT500 – Vista Blue (attending Dinner)

36. SCGT2666 – Ron & Wendy – 2007 Shelby GT/SC – Black (attending dinner)

37. FireSnake - Leon & Cynthia–2007 SuperSnake Vista Blue 427,40th Annv. (attending dinner)

38. MustangMissy - Missy W.- 2007 Shelby GT500 Red W/White stripes

39. Dennis the Menace - Dennis W.- 2009 Shelby GT500 Black W/Red stripes

40. Captainbob – Bob & Guest - 2007 GT500

41. 07SGT/SC#047 – Randy & 2 guests - 2007 SGT/SC White (attending dinner) Car problem

42. vapor08GT500 – Alex - No Car this year (attending dinner) No car, Alex is coming ! happy%20feet.gif

43. Dwan - Dwan & Travis - 2008 GT500 - Black (attending Dinner)

44. Bumplime – Brandon & guest – 2008 GT500 - vista blue (attending dinner)

45. DAVEJARRETT88–Dave&Cheryl–2010 GT500-Red W/Silver Stripes(attending dinner)

46. Terry & Maurine (Rob's neighbors) - 2007 GT/CS – Red

47. swedeman-Dave & Sue - 2007 Shelby GT/SC #1182

48. Bo & his wife – 2007 GT500 – Alloy (putnamdo's old car)

49. cobra 07 - Chuck and Bev - 2009 GT500 White / Blue

50. cobra 07 (son) Terry & Lori - 2007 GT500 vert / White

Car count: 44

Additional guests for Lunch: 6

Total head count for Lunch: 95

Total head count for dinner: 59

Sure hope that everyone has a great time in Grabberville today. Maybe I'll have my GT by the time you all celebrate the 6th annual Meet & Greet. Not sure anymore when the car will get out of Michigan. No one can tell me why it was put on a Do-Not-Ship order. Did a Goggle Earth this morning and they have hundreds of Mustangs sitting in the lot. Can't put an eye on mine, but there sure were a lot of Boss' sitting there. I've gone from being impatient to "I don't give a crap" feeling. Guess it will get here when it gets here. The ---- dealer won't even talk to me any more.

Rob, thanks a ton for organizing this gathering. I had a great time as did my buddy. The non races to and from were a world of fun. One of the most scenic drives around these parts IMO. The weather for the most part was great. The hail inside the black vert had me rollin, those folks had a good sense of humor. Some very very nice cars there. Absolutely loved the Vista blue SS 427 and also the Shelby Gt w Paxton was sweet. All in all a great time. Let's do it again before the rain returns in October.

It was nice meetin all of you that I got to chat with. Helena, your one patient and understanding person. Kudos to you. Hope all turns out well for u and your lovely car. Alex, you put together IMO the perfect "ladies" car. Very subtle and very serious.

Brandon

Archived