TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers 5th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 5/28/11

Grabber

Rob,

Congrats on another successful PNW/M&G and thanks for showing the rest of us what a topshelf event looks like! Great pics of a super group of Shelby enthusiasts enjoying a scenic cruise, tasty eats, good tunes, sharp looking rides and fellowship. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic time, as usual!!! Great to see "familiar faces" and some new ones. I didn't know Larry and Cindy were there!!! Sorry!!!

Terrific planning and structure Rob and Tana!!! Not like anyone expected anything less. It is VERY true....this event especially, is 90% the people involved and 10% the cars. This is my 4th year attending, this year not driving a Shelby, and I enjoyed it even more than the previous years, even with out a Shelby!!! It is the people that I enjoy the most!!

Here are some pictures that I took on the way to WA and some of the event....

5-29-11006.jpg

5-29-11012.jpg

5-29-11014.jpg

5-29-11025.jpg

5-29-11030.jpg

5-29-11032.jpg

5-29-11033.jpg

5-29-11034.jpg

5-29-11036.jpg

5-29-11037.jpg

More to come...

Alex

And more of the show at the Grange Hall...sorry if some are out of focus...I was talking (as usual..LOL) while I was taking pictures and was probably moving while taking the pictures!!! :banghead:

5-29-11038.jpg

5-29-11039.jpg

5-29-11041.jpg

5-29-11042.jpg

5-29-11043.jpg

5-29-11044.jpg

5-29-11045.jpg

5-29-11046.jpg

5-29-11047.jpg

5-29-11048.jpg

5-29-11049.jpg

5-29-11050.jpg

More coming of the cruise....

Alex

I forgot to say that a very special thank you goes out to VMP (Justin Starky) :superhero: for sending a dozen T-shirts, a pulley, a coolant tank and 2 $300 gift certs for credit on a TVS. This gesture was given to the event unsolicited. These items were given away at a random drawing. It was fun to give some stuff away.

Team Shelby has once said that they would sponsor some give a ways at the event....but never have. I have never pushed the issue, but many, many members have asked me why TS does not have any involvement in the event. I really don't know what to tell them. WA and OR do not seem to be on any Shelby radar whatsoever.

Rob

Congrats on your event. This is what it is all about, friends getting together.

Jim Wicks told me that Mid-America started this way, seven Shelby's getting together for a BBQ.

I have been seeking a coordinator for Wash / Oregon area. To this date the people I have asked to help are luke warm or not interested.

If you know of someone who would like to work long hard hours for nothing, send them my way. We are building the PCR and could sure use the help.

Great job!

Michael

Looks like you put on another great Meet & Greet Rob! I was also thinking about everyone all day. Looks like the new venue worked out great! Please keep me in mind for the summer cruise.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

-- Bob

I forgot to say that a very special thank you goes out to VMP (Justin Starky) :superhero: for sending a dozen T-shirts, a pulley, a coolant tank and 2 $300 gift certs for credit on a TVS. This gesture was given to the event unsolicited. These items were given away at a random drawing. It was fun to give some stuff away.

Team Shelby has once said that they would sponsor some give a ways at the event....but never have. I have never pushed the issue, but many, many members have asked me why TS does not have any involvement in the event. I really don't know what to tell them. WA and OR do not seem to be on any Shelby radar whatsoever.

Just looking at your event Rob and want to make a fast comment on VMP, I was doing the track guys Sebring track event in FL this week end and VMP was giving away a TVS VMP super charger for twenty dollars a ticket I bought two of them . Guess what I won that super charger Justin installed it the next day and put a tune in it, than ran it in the after track session...WOW it ran perfect right out of the box. Justine does great work he loves this business and cares deeply about us car nuts and has a lovely family to boot. He's top notch in my book.....THANKS again Justin VMP

Thanks to Rob and Tana for another great event. This was my third year attending and have definitely made some good friends through this event. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to get together. I'm looking forward to see what you plan for the summer.

Thanks for putting on the event again Rob. What an awsome event. Its always great to meet our fellow Taem Shelby friends in person. This event is one that I look forward to every year. So since you are not changing the date, with any luck next year my wife will be able to attend.

Thanks again Rob. Great job !!

Rob - - Thank you again for setting up this event. It's always a great time and we really look forward to this every year. Looking forward to next year with my new Upper Pulley from VMP. :)

Here is a link to the photo's I took:

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x46/Skullkraken/Grabber%202011/

When password is requested, enter: Grabber (password is case sensitive)

Big Thanks to Tana and Rob!! a great time as always, as my youngest says "the Best Ever"!! We had an uneventful ride home no sand or hail storms. will post pictures when i get them down loaded. A big three cheers for Ken and Family the bell o f the ball would still be in Medford with out them!!

Glen and Lisa

Thanks buddy. The girls and I always love seeing you and your beautiful wife. We're glad we could lend a hand (and trailer) in Medford!

We're going to draft you to be the director of the PNW, Rob. The event you've put together is by far the most well managed and enjoyable event to attend year after year.

TS needs to step up to the plate, pitch in, and help to make it a cornerstone of their schedule.

On a side note, here's a link to a thread I started with my own photos of the event: http://www.teamshelb...11-grabberfest/

Everyone - You are most certianly welcome and it makes me feel very good that you all had such a fun time. My goal to have this event be a success has been achieved ! I had just as much fun as you all did. Since Tana & I have now hosted this event 5 times, we are getting the coordination down to a science. Next year will even run smoother. I need to buy more cookies to go with the morning coffee and less bagels. :hysterical:

As far as Team Shelby's involvement, that would be cool if they want to be involved. My personal life and work schedule does not allow me the time needed to be a regional coordinator for Shelby. Maybe in the years to come I can do that.

I will be posting up another event to be held in the pacific NW very soon. Stay tuned.

Fantastic time, as usual!!! Great to see "familiar faces" and some new ones. I didn't know Larry and Cindy were there!!! Sorry!!!

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for thinking of us :)

Yes, we made it, unfortunately I missed the opportunity to visit with you

Larry

• 8 months later...

Archived