TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Back!!!

bpmurr

To the sorrow of all those who gave me crap when I had that POS clutch in my 2010 GT500. I'M BACK!!!

This time with a brand new 2011 GT500 with the SVTPP. The car is going to stay stock (ok window tint only) because man is it good. I didn't really think the 2011 with the SVTPP was that big of an upgrade but it is. I don't even feel the need to swap the mufflers at the moment. Best part of all I got great trade value on my 2010 SHO and only paid invoice for the GT500.

5541971354_5e66db0e73_b.jpg

5541391717_9a540e0684_b.jpg

5541971414_6e5fe6153c_b.jpg

I didn't really think the 2011 with the SVTPP was that big of an upgrade but it is. I don't even feel the need to swap the mufflers at the moment.

+1

Good to see you back in a GT500, it looks really sharp naked but if you ever think about putting stripes on it like your 2010 then I think a silver SVT style stripes with black edging (like svt white) would look freakin killer and really set yours apart from the rest of us stripe delete PP's. Either way you have one bad ass Shelby. Now you see what us 2011 owners have been boasting about. :yup:

I thought you were going to wait for a Boss?

+1

Good to see you back in a GT500, it looks really sharp naked but if you ever think about putting stripes on it like your 2010 then I think a silver SVT style stripes with black edging (like svt white) would look freakin killer and really set yours apart from the rest of us stripe delete PP's. Either way you have one bad ass Shelby. Now you see what us 2011 owners have been boasting about. :yup:

I thought you were going to wait for a Boss?

So did I but the trade value was right and the spread between a Boss at sticker and GT500 at invoice made the deal sweater. I actually almost bought a 2012 GT Friday. Glad I held off another day. I'll be more than happy to show a Boss who's Boss. ;)

Very nice!

I went with pinnacle f1 ceramic tint and it is awesome. I recommend it.

Also wrapped my front end in ventureshield ultra. If you plan on driving it and hate chips and highway sand blasting, I strongly recommend this as well. GT500 looks easy to wrap compared to my z and it only cost me 1050. It's cheap insurance!

Hey that makes two of us,I came back also with a 2011 GT500. You don't see to many like yours and for 2012 they don't offer that color, so that should keep it rare. That is one rare color stripe delete ride. Looks great and isn't it great to be back !!!

I never thought I'd have a naked (no stripe) Shelby but man does this color look good as a SVTPP stripe delete.

Absolutely badass....

I've been espousing the virtues of a stripeless Cobra for some time. The car looks lower, wider, and much less like a "teenie bopper" vehicle if you will. In essence, a much more respectable car without the tacked on silliness.

As for no mods...yeah, right. Bigger H/E, the 750 FRPP/Whipple kit, and some wider factory rims with some fat meats....that's when you'll be done.

Very nice car. Enjoy every moment the sun shines with it!

Tob

So, what do you think of the shifter?

Ok so maybe a MGW is in my future as well. :)

The 2011 shifter doesn't feel any different then my 2010. I haven't done any WOT runs yet to see if I have the 1-2 grind.

Shelby and stripes just go together . I think the new boss with the 69 style stripes looks like a kids car. For that reason I would not buy a Boss . Put stripes on most cars and they do look boy racer or high school. But not a Shelby. They look GREAT with or without stripes. I do miss the wine of the supercharger , so i will toss the intake tube with the silencer asap.

Shelby and stripes just go together . I think the new boss with the 69 style stripes looks like a kids car. For that reason I would not buy a Boss . Put stripes on most cars and they do look boy racer or high school. But not a Shelby. They look GREAT with or without stripes. I do miss the wine of the supercharger , so i will toss the intake tube with the silencer asap.

If I would have went with Kona Blue again I would have wanted white stripes on it.

If I would have went with Kona Blue again I would have wanted white stripes on it.

Well i bought it from a guy who had to have a Porsche . So the silver stripes were part of the deal . I have grown to really like the kona blue with silver.

Ok so maybe a MGW is in my future as well. :)

The 2011 shifter doesn't feel any different then my 2010. I haven't done any WOT runs yet to see if I have the 1-2 grind.

Congrats on your new ride. I'm not partial to stripe delete but yours really looks good.

Some friendly suggestions: Don't poke the hornets nest. After that huge debacle you went through I would:

1) Don't power shift at all.

2) If you go to the track (even one time) DON'T post it on the forums.

An ounce of prevention.....

Very niice. Good luck with it man. Love that color. Keep thinking I shoulda gone sterling instead of kona. Very understated but really catches your eye. Don't know why they discontinued it...

Archived