TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Done with Ford

09shlb

One of my best friends is a F&I Mgr. so I know how they work. He'll sell you a breath of fresh air if you're dumb enough to buy it...and he makes (well, MADE) GOOD money...6 digit money.

Now I'm wondering if I signed some kind of waiver too. I'm going to have to dig out my documents and check. But having said that, I've owned the car for over a year now so it's moot. But if I did sign something like that, I WILL go in and raise hell with her.

She's a LOOKER (and I mean H-O-T) named "Summer" and I'd love to have a reason to go in and look at her...err, I mean talk to her again.

I'll look in my 2010 Warranty Manual. Any section in particular I should pay attention to? I *think* she said something like "Paint and Finish" wasn't covered...I know it was more than just "Paint".

Thanks for the info,

Phill

Maybe you were just distracted by Summer. shades.gif Hey it happens.

Maybe you were just distracted by Summer. shades.gif Hey it happens.

I was VERY distracted by Summer!

I found it very difficult to look at her eyes when we were talking. And I'm serious.

I think they put her in that job intentionally!!! She's a stunner....

Phill

I just wanted to add a point here- vinyl isn't meant to be permanent. Vinyl, no matter the type, the thickness, the color or the location will eventually crack, peel or fade. I am wondering if the OP will be in the same position with his stripes in 5 years. My advice, if you have the money and are planning on keeping the car 3+ years; get the stripes painted on. With or without clearcoat, painted stripes will last several times longer.

I don't mean to get off track here, but the vinyl stripe problem has been an issue with me for quite some time.

I just wanted to add a point here- vinyl isn't meant to be permanent. Vinyl, no matter the type, the thickness, the color or the location will eventually crack, peel or fade. I am wondering if the OP will be in the same position with his stripes in 5 years. My advice, if you have the money and are planning on keeping the car 3+ years; get the stripes painted on. With or without clearcoat, painted stripes will last several times longer.

Odd you should bring this up....just the day before yesterday my friend was trying to find his bottle of "Black Chrome" for me to try. He pulled out a "Vinyl Protectant" spray bottle that said it had a SPF factore of N (I can't remember the number). But the point is, it is for UV protection on vinyl.

I wonder if a person should use something like that on the Shelby stripes????

The sun up here at 6,000-10,000 feet above sea level (ASL) is BRUTAL. It killed my (black) Jen-air BBQ grille cover in two years. And I mean KILLED it. It was hammered after the first year but DEAD after the second. I have a small sailboat that has tan in the gelcoat. In less than one year of sitting in my driveway the gelcoat oxidized about 10 years worth of coastal (sea level) living. Skin cancer it a BIG problem up here, I've already had 3 or 4 leasions removed.

Point is, we have over a mile LESS of atmosphere to filter out the sun and in some places (Cripple Creek) we have about 2 miles LESS filtering.

Having said that, my Shelby has the garage and is in it for the entire winter months and more often than not during good weather. I park it in the garage whenever I'm home although the garage door might be open if I'm not stuck on the computer. If I'm doing yard work, motorcycle work, drinkin' beer across the street with my neighbors...etc, the door is usually open but the sun only hits the ass end of the car later in the day as it starts heading for the horizon to set.

Anyone ever hear of using UV protectant on their vinyl STIPES???

I never thought about it,

Phill

I've heard of vinyl protectant, but I thought it was for vinyl upholstery.

I think this stuff was for his dash but.....vinyl is vinyl. No?

Phill

I finally got a day off to take the car in to Citrus Ford in Ontario. Body Shop manager took a look and said he would be happy to fix the problem, under warranty. They are ordering the stripe kit and will call when it comes in so I can drop the car off. Looks like I finally found a body shop that isn't afraid to take on a GT500. Things are looking up. :happy feet:

Archived