TEAM SHELBY FORUM

9-11-11 Mustang Rally From Vegas To New York

Paulthreestang

I am organizing a cross country Mustang rally from Las Vegas to New York City this Sept. to commemerate the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. All Mustangs and Fords are welcome to join us for part or all of this epic journey. We will be paying our respects at all 3 of the attack sites. The is no cost to join in this trip. The trip will culminate in Brooklyn New York on 9-11-11 with a visit to the Brooklyn Wall of Rememberance which is dedicated to those firefighters killed on 9-11. On that day we have an American flag that was flown over a forward deployed combat base in Afghanistan that will be presented to the New York Fire department as part of our tribute. I have a Mustang buddy who's son is a soldier at the base and he has been kind enough to get us the flag. Several of my friends from Mustangs Across America will be joining the trip. Below is a link to the trip website I have under construction:

http://www.mustangtributerun911.com/

Please relocate this thread if I posted it in the wrong forum

What a great adventure! Sounds like a fun trip. We're going to be in New York that weekend as we're going back to watch SDSU (No 2 seed in the West Regional!) play football at ARMY. If time permits we might be able to get by and welcome the entourage to the City.

We also have a flag that was flown by a Special Forces unit in Iraq along with a Unit Citation and one of their challenge coins in a nice presentation case. I can't describe how proud we are of that.

Have fun!

John

I am organizing a cross country Mustang rally from Las Vegas to New York City this Sept. to commemerate the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. All Mustangs and Fords are welcome to join us for part or all of this epic journey. We will be paying our respects at all 3 of the attack sites. The is no cost to join in this trip. The trip will culminate in Brooklyn New York on 9-11-11 with a visit to the Brooklyn Wall of Rememberance which is dedicated to those firefighters killed on 9-11. On that day we have an American flag that was flown over a forward deployed combat base in Afghanistan that will be presented to the New York Fire department as part of our tribute. I have a Mustang buddy who's son is a soldier at the base and he has been kind enough to get us the flag. Several of my friends from Mustangs Across America will be joining the trip. Below is a link to the trip website I have under construction:

Please relocate this thread if I posted it in the wrong forum

Very nice trip; wish I could join you. Safe travels and may God bless America.

What a great adventure! Sounds like a fun trip. We're going to be in New York that weekend as we're going back to watch SDSU (No 2 seed in the West Regional!) play football at ARMY. If time permits we might be able to get by and welcome the entourage to the City.

We also have a flag that was flown by a Special Forces unit in Iraq along with a Unit Citation and one of their challenge coins in a nice presentation case. I can't describe how proud we are of that.

Have fun!

John

Thanks John ! Hope you can join us

Paul

About what time on the 11th will you be doing the presentation? I'll be at Watkins Glen Raceway the the 9th and 10th and might be able to "swing" by Brooklyn on my way back to Pa to meet up with my Shelby brethren. Might be the only ligitamate reason to bring the 350 into NYC.

Paul

About what time on the 11th will you be doing the presentation? I'll be at Watkins Glen Raceway the the 9th and 10th and might be able to "swing" by Brooklyn on my way back to Pa to meet up with my Shelby brethren. Might be the only ligitamate reason to bring the 350 into NYC.

We are tentatively planning on doing it around 10:00 A.M.

• 1 month later...

What a wonderful thought...

I will try to meet up with you in WDC or Philly.

I would definitely be up for a run down to DC to meet you guys...

Then cruise up to the final destination in Brooklyn.

Would be tough to get the car out to Vegas to join in for the whole route...

I have posted your link on our CSBC web site hopefully we get the word around and can show our support here in Colorado.....

Thats great ! We will have the trip website updated over the weekend and hopefully that will include a discussion forum to keep everyone in touch. Thanks for your support !!

• 2 weeks later...

The forum for the trip website is up and running. i have to approve access manually to those who would like to post any thoughts there. It may take me 24 hours to get to the approvals as my P C at home is fragged. Thanks for being patient !

Hi Don, We have about 30 signed up so far. I expect 20 more at least to join us at least on the east coast. NJ Stangers is interested in joining us and I haven't contacted any New York clubs yet. Feel free to join the forum if you like.

"Our 9-11 Mustang Tribute Run to New York flag that was flown over the United States Forward Operations Base at Jalalabad, AF on 06 March, 2011. Exactly 55 days before the United States strike launched from Jalalabad that resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden. Our flag represents an Alfa and Omega point in history. By presenting these colors to the people who bore the battle in the beginning, the New York Fire Department will receive are part of what happened during the preparation and excution of the events that took place on May 1st, 2011."

For opsec of our folks, we can keep the name of the base to ourselves since it is on the authentication certificate, which is signed by a LTC and the command sergeant major. Again, the flag is a 3x5 storm flag in size which is correct for "presentation flags" flown over combat bases. Those you see presented that are 5x9 post flags are probably "faked" because those are for "retirement ceremonies" and capitol building presentations. Ain't that cool! At least our guys will know that we are not shooting blanks at this party. My Army buddies think I am crazy for giving this flag up - I think this is the better thing to do. I do believe your fire chief might even be impressed.

Heres a quote from "Iron Mike" who obtained the American flag we will present to the FDNY. Mikes son is currently deployed in Afghanistan

• 4 weeks later...

"Our 9-11 Mustang Tribute Run to New York flag that was flown over the United States Forward Operations Base at Jalalabad, AF on 06 March, 2011. Exactly 55 days before the United States strike launched from Jalalabad that resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden. Our flag represents an Alfa and Omega point in history. By presenting these colors to the people who bore the battle in the beginning, the New York Fire Department will receive are part of what happened during the preparation and excution of the events that took place on May 1st, 2011."

For opsec of our folks, we can keep the name of the base to ourselves since it is on the authentication certificate, which is signed by a LTC and the command sergeant major. Again, the flag is a 3x5 storm flag in size which is correct for "presentation flags" flown over combat bases. Those you see presented that are 5x9 post flags are probably "faked" because those are for "retirement ceremonies" and capitol building presentations. Ain't that cool! At least our guys will know that we are not shooting blanks at this party. My Army buddies think I am crazy for giving this flag up - I think this is the better thing to do. I do believe your fire chief might even be impressed.

Heres a quote from "Iron Mike" who obtained the American flag we will present to the FDNY. Mikes son is currently deployed in Afghanistan

I just found out today that the Brooklyn Wall of Rememberance is closed to the public on 9-11. I'm currently researchimg another place to pay our respects on 9-11

• 1 month later...

Hi Don, We have about 30 signed up so far. I expect 20 more at least to join us at least on the east coast. NJ Stangers is interested in joining us and I haven't contacted any New York clubs yet. Feel free to join the forum if you like.

We will not be able to visit the Brooklyn Wall of rememberance on the morning of 9-11. I recently found out that this is closed to the public on 9-11. We will probably visit the wall on the evening of 9-10 but there will be no formal ceremony. On 9-11 we are working on getting a cruise together with "New York Mustangs"

As far as the flag presentation to FDNY I have not got a single response from anyone @ FDNY. That's been very disappointing to me as I've spent countless hours trying put together a tribute for them. Maybe they want to keep the day to themselves which is understandable.

Hi, I have contacts within FDNY EMS, maybe through personal email the two of us can touch base and I can help you facilitate the presenting of the flag to members of service in the FDNY. I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing. Also there are smaller memorial areas around the city such as in Queens..Where you can pay respects as well.

Archived