TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Moroso Catch can

New mod for the SGT. When I went with a supercharger on my SGT I put breathers on both valve covers to keep oil out of my intake. The down side to breather is you get oil residue on your valve covers. My passenger side was the main culprit and it seemed like a good amount of oil, so I decided the breathers weren't working the best and I went with JLT catch cans. Unfortunatley they didn't work for me either. With the JLT catch cans on both sides my drivers side started pulling oil into the intake bypassing the catch can altogether. When this happens on the Salen setup oil gets into the intercooler. I had a pretty fair mess to clean up and I decided to get rid of the JLT cans and went back to the breathers. When I saw K. Kahmans car with a big old can from Moroso I liked it so much I copied his idea. So far it has functioned well. I posted a few pictures as I mounted it on my intercooler pump bracket.

checked it last night and their was a watery substance in it? It didn't smell like gas but it certainly wasn't a heavy oil either. I was thinking some condensate? Car is up on jacks for a gauge install, but once it is over I will run it and see what I get. I checked my oil and it doesn't appear to have any oil in it and the fluid levels are good. I may pull a plug or two and see how they look.

^It's totally normal to collect some condensation in these cans, since they're open to atmosphere. The first time I found milky oil in my catch can, I nearly had a stroke.

Just to be safe, pull a sample from your pan, but I'm 99% confident that it'll look normal.

^It's totally normal to collect some condensation in these cans, since they're open to atmosphere. The first time I found milky oil in my catch can, I nearly had a stroke.

Just to be safe, pull a sample from your pan, but I'm 99% confident that it'll look normal.

Thanks that makes me feel better. The oil looks great so it must be some condensate.

Archived