TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner of a used 07 Shelby GT500 in Houston, TX

94cobrapace

Just picked up a 07 Vista Blue with Tungson stripes in Houston, TX. It's got 11k miles. I have met some of you at Shelby bash a couple years ago with Sherri, I was the body guard :) Names Darrell. I've meet Alex and Helana there and others.

Anyone know who the previous owner is? He lived in La Porte, TX and his name is Alan. I'm lookin to talk to him about the hand held tuner, which I did not get. I did not get any paper work either.

The car has a KN CAI, SLP cat back and possible a pulley and tune. Regestered the car here and is stated it had a Diable tune, no mention of pulley, but it looks smaller. Car runs and drives great with great power and no hint of detenation ( have not gotten it over 4500 rpms or so). If I cannot get the tuner, I'll have it returned to stock (have a hook up at Ford to return to stock tune) and get a tuner for the mods to the car, probly Diablo and checking into Bama tunes with 3 tunes and free lifetime retunes.

I'm getting pics to upload as I've read the forums and know ya'll like pics. :)

I've got a 94 Cobra Indy Pace car with a Vortech supercharger and daily drive a 01 Cobra vert (Sherri, MSMAP"s) old car. Wife Traded in a Acura to get the Shelby.

I might have to changed my screen name?

Thanks

Darrell McB

Welcome Darrell and we would love to see pictures. That is a rare car because of the stripes. There were only a handful of cars with those stripes. If you are looking to get a tune, I would put in a Ford Racing CAI and a SCT tuner from VMP. This way you don't have to take it back to the dealer and have the computer reflashed to stock first. The SCT will download the current tune and if you decide to return the car to the previous configuration you can. Are you sure about the pulley? This almost sounds like a car that my buddy used to have. Is the previous owner the original owner or did he get it used from someone else?

Hey Darrell,

Congratulations on the purchase! Enjoy and welcome.

If you have not yet had the chance, please cosnider registering as the new owner by following the link below.

David

Vaper, this is a 1 owner car, me the 2nd. I was thinking to go back to stock so I could have the stock tune when it got retuned.

Bunny, yes I did register the car here. The car was previously regester here also.

I did a title search and I have the previous owners name, address and phone number. Called but phones are no longer in servcie.

Darrell

Vaper, this is a 1 owner car, me the 2nd. I was thinking to go back to stock so I could have the stock tune when it got retuned.

Bunny, yes I did register the car here. The car was previously regester here also.

I did a title search and I have the previous owners name, address and phone number. Called but phones are no longer in servcie.

Darrell

Darrell,

Good to hear. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Enjoy and welcome to a great group.

David

Congrats Darrell!!!

Don't bother with Diablo. I'd do a JLT intake and SCT tuner like I put on Sherri's car, more power and better tune. I can get you the package drop shipped if you want.

Love the color combo!!!Get rid of that hideous plate bracket in the lower grill....it's blocking the heat exchanger and is ugly!!! LOL

Alex

I might call you on the tuner & CAI Alex. Still deciding on which way to go, I'm not looking for max power, just safe. My Mustang guy recomends the Diablo, he says it's easier to use? Suspension is stock, will look into rear suspension upgrades, lower control arms and panhard bar to start. I don't think I'll lower it for now. How and where to measure the SC upper pulley?

The front plate was zipped tied with a bolt on it not connected.

There were only 119 Vista blues with the tungsten stripes made.

At least two of them are in Texas. This one and the one out of San Antonio that was on the Hill Country Cruise last Saturday. Beautiful color combination! Congratulations!

I might call you on the tuner & CAI Alex. Still deciding on which way to go, I'm not looking for max power, just safe. My Mustang guy recomends the Diablo, he says it's easier to use? Suspension is stock, will look into rear suspension upgrades, lower control arms and panhard bar to start. I don't think I'll lower it for now. How and where to measure the SC upper pulley?

The front plate was zipped tied with a bolt on it not connected.

The tunes I use with SCT are super safe. Same as Sherri's. Never had an issue with them. Measure across the front of the pulley, or send me a picture and I can tell you if it is stock or not.

I was just giving you a hard time on the front bracket...LOL..I knew it wasn't bolted...

Alex

Archived