TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This Is A Big Day For Me!!

BIKEBOY

I am totally ready for the flame thrower and the teasing guys! :slapfight:

My 500 will be 4 years old on April 3rd, and it has only 4400 miles on her. In about an hour, I am gonna take it on it`s longest drive ever. I am headed from central Jersey, where I live, to the Philly airport to pick up Gina from a flight back from Vegas. It is 58 miles from my front door to the Philly airport terminal C. So round trip today, will be the single longest day out for it in it`s life! :happy feet:

Gina is gonna be chapped when I pull up in it, as she hates me driving it on the interstate! I`m tired of NOT using the damn thing. It needs the excercise. :shift:

:hide:

Yeah, Chris, that is pretty bad....58 miles is your car's longest trip.....pathetic...Get out and drive her, now that you're keeping her!!! LOL :shift:

Alex

I agree, 58 miles needs some work Chris. I got it..................Dearborn, drive your GT500 to Dearborn :shift:

So Alex...............what's the longest trip in your Shelby????????

I agree, 58 miles needs some work Chris. I got it..................Dearborn, drive your GT500 to Dearborn :shift:

So Alex...............what's the longest trip in your Shelby????????

Funny Dan...Which Shelby?? I think you saw I was online and posted this just totease me!!! LOL. MY 67 GT350 had 14K original miles on it when I bought it in 1990, it now has 18,885 but has been apart (as you know) since 97. Not exactly "fun" to drive anyway like our new GT500's...

I've had over 100 Shelby's over the years and have driven almost all of them. Even my 68 GT500 KR got driven while I owned it and it was a 6500 original mile, 1 owner car!! You can always tell how much I enjoy one of my cars by how much I have driven it, while I have owned it....you wonder why some of my Saleen's have such low miles?? I don't ENJOY driving them!! I have 2 of the rarest Saleens ever built and that are the first builts, but they are not as fun as our newer Shelby's. LOL

My first late model GT500 was an early production 07, and it had 74K miles on it when I sold it in 08...looked like a 10K mile car still when I sold it. The person that bought it is local, and, the last time I saw it, it had 93K miles on it when he brought it to my shop for service..still running strong and looking good.

My current GT500 is less than a year old and is getting ready to turn 10K Miles. It has been drag raced, road raced, taken to shows, been to Terlingua, TX, and Grabber's WA event. It is 763RWHP and I drive it alot, obviously, and there is not a chip or mark on it. Stock clutch was toast afer the KB, but Spec is in now and the car is better than new. Clear bras, tape, and proper detailing can keep these cars looking great if you take the time. Anytime I get back from an event where the car is dirty, I put it on the lift and have my detailer detail it from top to bottom.

Glen and Lisa's GT500 I store for them 8 months a year, has almost 40K on it, and seriously looks better than many Shelby's I get in my shop that have less than 5K on them...again, all in how you take car of them. If you drive them, or even store them, have the rear end painted and all the other items painted that Ford never painted as they will rust even sitting indoors!!

Sorry to hijack your thread Chris...

Alex

Funny Dan...Which Shelby?? I think you saw I was online and posted this just totease me!!! LOL. MY 67 GT350 had 14K original miles on it when I bought it in 1990, it now has 18,885 but has been apart (as you know) since 97. Not exactly "fun" to drive anyway like our new GT500's...

I've had over 100 Shelby's over the years and have driven almost all of them. Even my 68 GT500 KR got driven while I owned it and it was a 6500 original mile, 1 owner car!! You can always tell how much I enjoy one of my cars by how much I have driven it, while I have owned it....you wonder why some of my Saleen's have such low miles?? I don't ENJOY driving them!! I have 2 of the rarest Saleens ever built and that are the first builts, but they are not as fun as our newer Shelby's. LOL

My first late model GT500 was an early production 07, and it had 74K miles on it when I sold it in 08...looked like a 10K mile car still when I sold it. The person that bought it is local, and, the last time I saw it, it had 93K miles on it when he brought it to my shop for service..still running strong and looking good.

My current GT500 is less than a year old and is getting ready to turn 10K Miles. It has been drag raced, road raced, taken to shows, been to Terlingua, TX, and Grabber's WA event. It is 763RWHP and I drive it alot, obviously, and there is not a chip or mark on it. Stock clutch was toast afer the KB, but Spec is in now and the car is better than new. Clear bras, tape, and proper detailing can keep these cars looking great if you take the time. Anytime I get back from an event where the car is dirty, I put it on the lift and have my detailer detail it from top to bottom.

Glen and Lisa's GT500 I store for them 8 months a year, has almost 40K on it, and seriously looks better than many Shelby's I get in my shop that have less than 5K on them...again, all in how you take car of them. If you drive them, or even store them, have the rear end painted and all the other items painted that Ford never painted as they will rust even sitting indoors!!

Sorry to hijack your thread Chris...

Alex

So it's easy to say you've driven a Shelby far enough to get at least half way to the Moon............Dang, that's a lot of seat time :hysterical:

O U C H!!

Wheeww...I knew it was coming! :hysterical:

To be clear, it's 58 miles ONE WAY!!! I put 140 on her yetserday. I did go a tad out of the way. Gina was totally good with it??? I was so surprised that she didn't freak. I turned 50 last month and she turns it in July. Maybe she's mellowing?!!! :hysterical:

I was in the seat (waiting in cell phone lot too) for approx. 3 1/2 hours. Not very comfortable when I got back, frankly. Plus, there was an accident on I95 on the way back north from Philly. If the flywheel wasn't warped before hand...it is now!!! :hysterical2:

O U C H!!

Wheeww...I knew it was coming! :hysterical:

To be clear, it's 58 miles ONE WAY!!! I put 140 on her yetserday. I did go a tad out of the way. Gina was totally good with it??? I was so surprised that she didn't freak. I turned 50 last month and she turns it in July. Maybe she's mellowing?!!! :hysterical:

I was in the seat (waiting in cell phone lot too) for approx. 3 1/2 hours. Not very comfortable when I got back, frankly. Plus, there was an accident on I95 on the way back north from Philly. If the flywheel wasn't warped before hand...it is now!!! :hysterical2:

Ask and you shall receive :hysterical:

Your starting to get the hang of it

Drive SIMILE detail REPEAT happy%20feet.gif

My 500 will be 4 years old on April 3rd, and it has only 4400 miles on her. In about an hour, I am gonna take it on it`s longest drive ever. I am headed from central Jersey, where I live, to the Philly airport to pick up Gina from a flight back from Vegas. It is 58 miles from my front door to the Philly airport terminal C. So round trip today, will be the single longest day out for it in it`s life! :happy feet:

Gina is gonna be chapped when I pull up in it, as she hates me driving it on the interstate! I`m tired of NOT using the damn thing. It needs the excercise. :shift:

Mine is 3 years old and only has 1200 miles on it........... Sits next to my '63 Super Stock Plymouth that has 4500 miles on it

looked at a '07 not long ago which was sitting in a mans big garage with his 7 other Mustangs. 65 miles on the odometer. He drove it home from the dealer back then and that was it.

I know where there is a 07 vert with 9 miles on it. All the plastic and crap that it was shipped with. The guy has it in a hanger along witha original 427 Cobra. It (427 Cobra) actually gets driven about 20 miles a year!

BTW: My 07 vert will be 4yo June 30, it has 41,000 miles on it. It's not a DD I just love driving it!

I have a 2008 with similar mileage. However most of my miles were put on a quarter mile at a time if you know what I mean!!!!

Chris,

I know you're waiting for all of that Jersey snow to melt so you can drive the Shelby, but GEEZ, it's not like you're at McMurdo Station...:hysterical:

Hahahahahaha...first, we have no more snow on the ground. Haven't had any for a while actually. AND...we've had some good rains that have removed the winter salts too.

Second, McMurdo Station? :headscratch: sorry????

BTW guys and gals-

This winter I met up with Pete Miller, (jerseygator)...he's a great guy! Plus, he has my same car!! :happy feet:

Anyway, he is the east coast ADAMS paint protection rep., of sorts? He has promised me that I will get some hands on training for cosmetic upkeep on my beast this summer! I really am a knob, as it relates to paint and wax upkeep!! :hysterical:

It was actually embarrasing having our cars parked together. Mine looked like dog doodoo next to his all shined up!! :banghead:

BTW guys and gals-

This winter I met up with Pete Miller, (jerseygator)...he's a great guy! Plus, he has my same car!! :happy feet:

Anyway, he is the east coast ADAMS paint protection rep., of sorts? He has promised me that I will get some hands on training for cosmetic upkeep on my beast this summer! I really am a knob, as it relates to paint and wax upkeep!! :hysterical:

It was actually embarrasing having our cars parked together. Mine looked like dog doodoo next to his all shined up!! :banghead:

Thanks Chris... Feelings are mutual!

:salute:

It's been fun getting to meet another shelby owner! When we doing it again? I'm dying. Dying to get my hands on your car.

And yours was just dusty and dirty. Nothing that a little shampoo and blow dry wouldn't cure. :yup:

And I'm really just a big fan of Adams with a lot of inside help. Not a rep... But I am helpful if you have issues with paint correcting or detailing in general. :superhero:

Hahahahahaha...first, we have no more snow on the ground. Haven't had any for a while actually. AND...we've had some good rains that have removed the winter salts too.

Second, McMurdo Station? :headscratch: sorry????

Chris,

During the winter here, you'd actually need a Shelby SnowCat to get around...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Station

Happy B-Day! Mine is turning 4 as well. It's got 7500 miles on it, and with spring in the air, it feels good to get it out of the garage again!

chris.......I have often put 250 miles on my car in one day taking a cruise with Dale to no particular place......

you really need to drive it......trust me.......you wont hurt it.......and there is no sense in keeping a low mile car....

pay for it, insure it, maintain it, painstakingly wax and shine it......what.....so you can sell it to someone someday

and break even....maybe?......thats why you own a Shelby?.......to take care of it for the next guy?....I think not!

:hysterical:

how far is it to Mays Landing? :shift:

chris.......I have often put 250 miles on my car in one day taking a cruise with Dale to no particular place......

you really need to drive it......trust me.......you wont hurt it.......and there is no sense in keeping a low mile car....

pay for it, insure it, maintain it, painstakingly wax and shine it......what.....so you can sell it to someone someday

and break even....maybe?......thats why you own a Shelby?.......to take care of it for the next guy?....I think not!

how far is it to Mays Landing? :shift:

Michael...I'm seriously thinking of towing it down there...now that I have the new Tundra with a reciever!!!

:hysterical2:

Archived