TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cheap way to transport GT-500?

venom

I have a long shot at possibly getting a leftover '07 GT-500 for MSRP. I'm still waiting for the dealership to call back but if it's a go, I was wondering how much it would cost to rent a flatbed to bring the car back? The distance from the dealer is about 350miles, but the snow and salt are all over the road. Definitely wouldn't want to drive the car back in that mess.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing covered transport would really be expensive and like paying an ADM even if I did get MSRP?

I have a long shot at possibly getting a leftover '07 GT-500 for MSRP. I'm still waiting for the dealership to call back but if it's a go, I was wondering how much it would cost to rent a flatbed to bring the car back? The distance from the dealer is about 350miles, but the snow and salt are all over the road. Definitely wouldn't want to drive the car back in that mess.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing covered transport would really be expensive and like paying an ADM even if I did get MSRP?

A friend of mine has a rollback and does stuff like this around Northern VA and give huge discounts on Mustangs. He runs his own resto shop and does concourse judging.

... Checked some of your old posts and looks like your in Chicago so he cant help you out there. I would only think between 500-1K its probably a flat fee then so much per mile. Call some of the local towing places and get quotes. But if all else fails I'll come out and drive it home for you. :hyper:

If you are going MO to Chicago, we might be able to hook you up with a resonable flatbed trailer. We are in St. Charles, MO. If you are looking for a enclose hauler, you may have to shop around.

Good Luck. If you get it for MSRP I would just rent a hauler.

That's a pretty fair shake for the trailer costs.

I just moved 10 cars from Central California to Southern California via car transport, and the company charged me $400.00 per vehicle. I can't tell you if that was a full load price (full loads vs. partials affect cost) or not, but that was what I was charged. Oh BTW, the distance between the pickup point and drop off point was about 350 miles.

I had a car transported on a flatbed two year ago for around $600, for approx 250 miles. I think they gave me a slight break over their normal $/mile. Just call any towing company and tell what you want and see what they want for the job.

will the dealer let you keep it in his showroom on display until the weather gets nice.

MSRP is a good deal, you should be able to have it transported covered for under $1000

good luck

I owned a towing company in the past.

Id say the going rate will be anywhere from 2.00-3.00 per mile one way.It should realistcally cost you $700-800 if you call around and ask for a flat price. Anything $2.00 per mile or less is a bargain with fuel the way it is these days.

I would call around locally and ask for a flat price with both addresses in hand .You will get your best pice that way. There really are "deals" on towing anymore with the cost of fuel.

I didnt know there were any left over shelbys. The production isnt even over yet :)

I just moved 10 cars from Central California to Southern California via car transport, and the company charged me $400.00 per vehicle. I can't tell you if that was a full load price (full loads vs. partials affect cost) or not, but that was what I was charged. Oh BTW, the distance between the pickup point and drop off point was about 350 miles.

Theres a big diffference between moving 10 cars and one...........

NOBODY is going to transport this car for anything close to $400................

what do you mean by ...."I have a long shot at possibly getting a leftover '07 GT-500 for MSRP"?

It's still 2007 & they are still making the 2007 car. The 2008's will not be out until the 1st week of June 2007

Please explain?

When I had mine shipped from NY, I used Elite Auto Transport. At the time they were booked with Barrett-Jackson cars so they called one of their contractors-- J & R Trucking. I thought they did an excellent job. Fully enclosed trailer going 700miles cost me $725 door to door.

If you can drive it back, do it. It is intoxicating!!

I drove from Tacoma to Houston in my F250 to get my Shelby. I rented a U haul car hauler in Houston for $300, gas and motel added another $1500. It was a very neet trip. Got snowed in in Demming NM, how cool is that? My trip was 5700 miles.

Go get it yourself. It makes the car even better. :yahoo:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

To answer Coldwater's post: I shouldn't have referred to it as a leftover. You're right. They're still builiding them. What I meant is this one is unsold and sitting in a dealer showroom.

I would just drive it back if the roads weren't so messy in the MIDWEST: Snow, Salt and water do not go well with vehicles undercarriages!

Archived