TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT 500

ilmor

2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 to Have Camaro ZL1–Slapping 600-Plus Horsepower :happy feet: :happy feet:

Bye Bye ZL-1!

http://realperformancemustangs.com/s197-2-mustang-2011-and-beyond/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-to-have-camaro-zl1slapping-600-plus-horsepower/msg17550/?topicseen#new

2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 to Have Camaro ZL1–Slapping 600-Plus Horsepower :happy feet: :happy feet:

Bye Bye ZL-1!

http://realperformancemustangs.com/s197-2-mustang-2011-and-beyond/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-to-have-camaro-zl1slapping-600-plus-horsepower/msg17550/?topicseen#new

Thats more like Corvette ZR1 Slapping......................... :happy feet:

Oh great, now we're gonna have 25 new threads from noobs asking if they should wait for the 2013 model, or order a 2012, or buy a new 2011 on the lot, or buy a used 2010 for cheap and mod the crap out of it...

Here we go...

Oh wait, I hear the 2015 model is gonna have 968hp, Independent rear, four wheel drive, 22" rims, heated seats and an 8 speed trans - everyone hold off!!!

Makes nosense without a launch control or the like added considering what Ford has done with the Boss and having a track key. you'd hope they have something tucked away in mind for it. The power is great and all but getting it to the ground is what could make it a game changer.

Oh great, now we're gonna have 25 new threads from noobs asking if they should wait for the 2013 model, or order a 2012, or buy a new 2011 on the lot, or buy a used 2010 for cheap and mod the crap out of it...

Here we go...

Gt500 has improved some every year at some point its not enough its to slow, it doesn't handle, its to heavy, it doesn't look right. Simple answer is they probably will never be happy with whatever they hear.

Here we go...

Oh wait, I hear the 2015 model is gonna have 968hp, Independent rear, four wheel drive, 22" rims, heated seats and an 8 speed trans - everyone hold off!!!

Heated seats??? Seriously??? Man to trade the 08 or not... ;) lol

Here we go...

goldgus,

Don't forget the rear backup camera... :hysterical:

goldgus,

Don't forget the rear backup camera... :hysterical:

Don't forget the "Chassis Cam" so when you DO run someone over in the Parking Lots, you can manuver the Car to make sure that the Body does not hit anything important underneith........... :hysterical:

Here we go...

:hysterical2:

Here we go...

WHAT???????

Maybe I better wait for the 2015.

:hide:

Listen real careful............................................................hear that?........................................................................our cars just dropped $3k in value!!! :hysterical:

:bag:

The second THUD you hear is the Value of the Camaro droping $8,000.00..... :hysterical:

620 crank hp doesn't take much for an 07-12 GT500 to achieve. It wins the magazine wars I guess. Until they redesign the chassis to get more rubber underneath the rear tires, it's just dyno bragging rights against Chevy. Is the 5.8L a bored out 5.4L or is it an all new motor? Will it take the same amount of boost as the 5.4s?

My guess would be launch control will be included for 2013, and they may offer a wider rear wheel and tire combo...we know we can fit 315s without changing the rear axle, and I think that would be a large improvement.

Here we go...

2015 with 968 hp? I told my wife last night I thought we should trade our 2010 Gt500 for the 2013 but now maybe I should wait for the 2015?lol I like your sense of humor but I am afraid that your are closer to the truth than you think about if a person should buy now or wait. I love mine and will keep it probably for at least 10 years (like I do most of my cars) and then see. The next will always be better in some ways. I had my stock 500 on the dyno at the Bash and had 475 hp at the rear tires and I dont think I will ever use all of that and still be safe so I dont know what a person would do with more than that unless they come with a better way to put it to the road.

I have no quarrel with dialing up the horsepower per se, although I really don't think that's where this car is "deficient". I very rarely use, or need to use, anywhere near the 650 I've got right now. If I felt deprived, I'd just send it to Vegas and have it SuperSnaked.

IMHO What really needs to happen to this car includes:

(1) IRS. Yes, I know it's a great live axle and has been tuned & braced & compensated for & blah & blah, but it's always going to keep this car in oxcartland. Ford had IRS on its last pre-Shelby Cobra Mustang; at least bring that back.

(2) Offer the "Comfort Package" option with the GT500 (as is presently only on the V6 Premium & GT Premium). That front passenger seat is like sitting on a Greyhound Bus Station bench.

(3) Offer front/rear parking sensors. This is a big car with a big nose and a rear spoiler to prevent you from even seeing its big ass. [i had aftermarket sensors added to mine the moment I bought it, and they take all the worry away: no more crunched bodywork or those annoying screams from people being run over ...

(4) Factory side/window scoops like the '67/'68. This is a Shelby Mustang "signature", and the car looks wistful without them. I am reluctant to resort to aftermarket tape-ons, because they are more vulnerable, the paint on them may wear unevenly, and they can't help looking "aftermarket".

IMHO What really needs to happen to this car includes:

(3) Offer front/rear parking sensors. This is a big car with a big nose and a rear spoiler to prevent you from even seeing its big ass. [i had aftermarket sensors added to mine the moment I bought it, and they take all the worry away: no more crunched bodywork or those annoying screams from people being run over ...

(4) Factory side/window scoops like the '67/'68. This is a Shelby Mustang "signature", and the car looks wistful without them. I am reluctant to resort to aftermarket tape-ons, because they are more vulnerable, the paint on them may wear unevenly, and they can't help looking "aftermarket".

(3) I don't think the GT500 is a big car, I think a FORD Crown Vic is a big car.

(4) FORD will not do this beacuse it creates a blind spot. No one like it on the camamo, so FORD wont do it.

Thats what i think, i may be wrong.

:play:

• 3 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lastyear:

But i'll be keeping my 2010

Archived