TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/Baer Extreme Plus Rear Brakes

justindewoody

I got the front and rear Shelby/Baer Extreme Plus Brakes coming, and I've heard that the rear install is pretty in-depth. If any of you have done it, please tell me what's involved. I hear that you have to pull the axles. And I hear that in order to pull the axles, you gotta remove the pumpkin. After I remove the pumpkin, do I need new gaskets? I need to know all the details BEFORE I begin the installation. Please help me out here. Thanks.

Its a bit involved but very doable. Here is a thread I did when I installed my rear Baer's. It's a great opportunity to put on a different diff cover which is what I did. The new cover installs with RTV gasket maker. Just be careful removing and re-installing the pinion lock bolt as you don't want to strip it. Re-install it with lock tite. Also be careful removing the axles not to damage the bearing seals.

Shelby Extreme (Baer) rear brake install w/ pics

I got the front and rear Shelby/Baer Extreme Plus Brakes coming, and I've heard that the rear install is pretty in-depth. If any of you have done it, please tell me what's involved. I hear that you have to pull the axles. And I hear that in order to pull the axles, you gotta remove the pumpkin. After I remove the pumpkin, do I need new gaskets? I need to know all the details BEFORE I begin the installation. Please help me out here. Thanks.

You only have to remove the cross shaft and c clips to pull the axles. It's not that bad. Don't forget to refill with a good synthetic gear lube and bottle of friction modifier.

Mike

Archived