TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Project Shelby GT-R Finally Done

Andrew, don't you have basically the same exact set up? Cams, manifold, elbow, throttle body, ud pulleys etc?

It is very very close to the same

Standard size IW harmonized balancer ($400 investment left over from the Black Shelby) vs Steeda UDP

I am running the FRPP Cold Plugs as well as 39 lb injectors with a Kenne Bell Boost a pump ( all for the Nitrous)

American Racing 1 3/4 " headers vs Kooks 1 5/8" both with catted X pipes

And 4.10 gears vs 3.73

but thinking everything else is the same except .....the most obvious Black stripes vs Silver !

One Day we got to get together with the babies

Great job,

Andrew

I hear ya. Just seems to me like everyone and their mothers have a supercharger. I like to be different. :shades: I like the idea of allowing my motor to run and breath more freely rather than shoving air down its throat.

There are "approximately" only 100-150 total Shelby GT's that were supercharged at Shelby. This is the owners choice. So the comment of "everybody and their mothers" have superchargers is a little misleading by you. Just because you do not have one it seems you are trying to bad mouth the ones that do because from what I hear your car could would be eat'n alive by any one who does have a GT/SC, even though I happen to like your car and the mods. The bottom line though is this, it is each to their own and their 'mothers" have absolutely nothing to do with how anyone mods their cars. ;)

There are "approximately" only 100-150 total Shelby GT's that were supercharged at Shelby. This is the owners choice. So the comment of "everybody and their mothers" have superchargers is a little misleading by you. Just because you do not have one it seems you are trying to bad mouth the ones that do because from what I hear your car could would be eat'n alive by any one who does have a GT/SC, even though I happen to like your car and the mods. The bottom line though is this, it is each to their own and their 'mothers" have absolutely nothing to do with how anyone mods their cars. ;)

When I said it seems like everyone and their mothers have a SC, I wasn't referring to the 100-150 Shelby GT's that were supercharged at Shelby. I was referring to the tens of thousands of other regular mustangs that are supercharged. And in no way, shape or form am I bashing guys with Superchargers. I could have done the supercharger + a little more $ for what it cost me to do my mods. I know a Supercharged car would eat me alive (depending on how much boost). Also, a GT/SC will have more trouble hooking up on street tires as opposed to a N/A car. Regardless, I don't care what is faster. Even if I did the whipple 550, a ricer with a twin turbo and some nitrous could probably still beat me. There will always be something out there faster than you.

When I said it seems like everyone and their mothers have a SC, I wasn't referring to the 100-150 Shelby GT's that were supercharged at Shelby. I was referring to the tens of thousands of other regular mustangs that are supercharged. And in no way, shape or form am I bashing guys with Superchargers. I could have done the supercharger + a little more $ for what it cost me to do my mods. I know a Supercharged car would eat me alive (depending on how much boost). Also, a GT/SC will have more trouble hooking up on street tires as opposed to a N/A car. Regardless, I don't care what is faster. Even if I did the whipple 550, a ricer with a twin turbo and some nitrous could probably still beat me. There will always be something out there faster than you.

OK tens of thousands hmmmmm.............ya I don't think so. That being said how many Mustangs do you think then have a few mods like yours, 100's of thousands? And no your car would not win out on a car with a SC, with comparable drivers, no matter the boost. And a GT/SC, with comparable drivers, would hook up just the same as a N/A car, so that does not hold water either. That is like someone saying "a heavier car would go faster down a hill than a lighter car" ! :) However I will agree with you, there will always be someone faster. So I really don't think either of them have those kinds of numbers out there, but you have to admit we are all Shelby lovers no matter what any of us has done to our cars.

Even if I did the whipple 550, a ricer with a twin turbo and some nitrous could probably still beat me. There will always be something out there faster than you.

LOL this is the truth my man - it hurts pretty bad when a $10k Honda smokes my ass from red light to red light! I just pretend I wasn't racing by the time I catch him at the next stop though. ;)

LOL this is the truth my man - it hurts pretty bad when a $10k Honda smokes my ass from red light to red light! I just pretend I wasn't racing by the time I catch him at the next stop though. ;)

LMAO :hysterical: I'd do the same :baby:

LMAO :hysterical: I'd do the same :baby:

Hell, we've all done it... well except for the person somewhere in the world

who IS the fastest on the street; logically there has to be one. Now I would

LMAO if someone in our site claims to be "the one" (our Neo). Just give me

the blue pill, chased with a good steak and scotch.

-Tom

Archived