TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which new wheels to get?

I am doing a lot of thinking here. Since my car is at SA for the GT/SC upgrade I am also thinking of adding new wheels among other appearance mods. However I can not seem to get a clear picture of the wheels I want to add. So if there is any one out there who has pictures of great 20" wheels including but no limited to: 20" Black CS69's, 20" Alcoas, let me know I want to change the car appearance along with the boost! :)

Thanks!

I am leaning heavily toward CS69 in hyperblack but 18"* they fit the GT500 Brembo front brakes

I have thought about the FRPP 19" Track pack wheel in black

Waiting on Copper Zeon RS3-S rubber to come out in April before getting new rims

Good Luck Deciding

Andrew

Try to search for an old Pic of Rogers car, he had black with CS69's in Black, that was what made my decision for me, it looked outstanding. I did Hyper Black, but if I had a Black Car I would try to get the Special Edition ones or the regular Black ones.

Good Luck

The CS 56's look great, especially black on the black Shelby. I think it's the retro look (like the old Mini-lites) that make them look so good on the Shelby :yup:

Jim

Try to search for an old Pic of Rogers car, he had black with CS69's in Black, that was what made my decision for me, it looked outstanding. I did Hyper Black, but if I had a Black Car I would try to get the Special Edition ones or the regular Black ones.

Good Luck

I picked up a set of CS69's special edition about a year ago and have been sitting on them.

I think its about time to buy rubber and put them on.

I saw Roger's car too, he had them on and they looked good.

You can probrably google something and find pictures.

I have question.

If you go from 18" wheels to 20" wheels,

do you have to recalibrate your computer

to recognize the different size wheels. I'm looking at

getting new wheels, but can't really find anything I like

in 18's

Jessie

I have question.

If you go from 18" wheels to 20" wheels,

do you have to recalibrate your computer

to recognize the different size wheels. I'm looking at

getting new wheels, but can't really find anything I like

in 18's

Jessie

No, it is the overall diameter of the tire that governs the computer's accuracy. As long as the tier is 27" in diameter, the speedo is accurate.

I have the cs40's in silver on my black SGT. They only come in 20''. If i knew how to put pictures on the computers, i would. I've gotten many compliments from other Shelby owners , especially this past weekend when we had about 30 Shelbys together for a cruise in the Texas hill country. The silver on these wheels really bring out the silver stripes on these cars.

No, it is the overall diameter of the tire that governs the computer's accuracy. As long as the tier is 27" in diameter, the speedo is accurate.

Thanks for the reply. I've been eyeballing the CS40's. Now it's just a matter of choosing between silver or chrome, wondering which looks better

on the Vista Blue SGT.

Jessie

Thanks for the reply. I've been eyeballing the CS40's. Now it's just a matter of choosing between silver or chrome, wondering which looks better

on the Vista Blue SGT.

Jessie

I just happened to see the chrome cs40's on a vista blue on our cruise. They looked great. It depends on whether you want silver or bling.The woman that had these on her gt500 said she had a hard time deciding and finally decided she wanted bling as most women do. A lot of cars have chrome so i decided silver and everyone that has seen them think i made the right choice. The cs40's look good either way and you will probably be the only one with these. Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone......I am still undecided though. I have had the bling for almost 4 years now and need a break, The chrome Razors are nice but time for a change.

Off topic Update: 490 RWHP on my dyno!!! Ii have not seen it yet but that is what Shelby is telling me! :shades:

In my opinion, those CS69's are the perfect match for a GT-H. I'd personally go with an 18" over a 20", but either way, they'll look killer.

Ken - My car is not a GT-H but the Black SGT/SC, would you still go with the Black centers CS69's? I know the 18's are better for track but I love the way the 20's look on the car. Just can't decide,I go back and forth on wheels. Had the bling chrome Razors and now looking for a change.

Thanks everyone......I am still undecided though. I have had the bling for almost 4 years now and need a break, The chrome Razors are nice but time for a change.

Off topic Update: 490 RWHP on my dyno!!! Ii have not seen it yet but that is what Shelby is telling me! :shades:

Great number, same as mine. I got 452 rw torque with shorty headers.

Oh yeah!!!!!

You will like!

Edit***

On topic, the CS-69 black look great on Black SGT. I have hyper-black and wish I could re-do...

Archived