TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NUCLEAR MELT-DOWN IN JAPAN!?!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's already happened, personally, but they are trying to control the information flow to keep the people calm.

Was listening to CNN last night ... and they had a guy from Georgia who is a expert on this .. he was at Cherynoble in Russia .... His info is that the reactors rods have been dropped down and turned off ... just alot of heat still and if the rods are dropped u cant have a melt down

But ya the disaster was incredible

I didnt even know about it until I got home last night. We had a real busy day at work and all I did was delivered Ford units

The world has seen it's unbelievable share of human and geographical tragedy in these past several years.

IMO, the current situation in Japan makes me feel helpless and empty inside. I am sorry to say this to you all, but California is going to be the next big newsmaker. When this sort of tragedy hits us on our shores...whenever it is...it will be beyond any of the words in Websters for description.

The world has seen it's unbelievable share of human and geographical tragedy in these past several years.

IMO, the current situation in Japan makes me feel helpless and empty inside. I am sorry to say this to you all, but California is going to be the next big newsmaker. When this sort of tragedy hits us on our shores...whenever it is...it will be beyond any of the words in Websters for description.

Ya... bad time to live in California. :fear:

I agree.

To think that Japan is having to deal with being Nuked again is so sad. I pray for them. It is hard to see the Videos.

Hey Chris;

Not trying to discount this Natural Disaster, as it is a Human Tragedy for Japan........ But I have a Question..............

Have you "Cried Wolf" for California over 3 times yet????????????

Wow, I didn't think I could be more worried about the Japanese people, but now I am....

Japan crisis: third explosion raises spectre of nuclear nightmare

New explosion at Fukushima plant, as engineers fought to prevent a meltdown in the second worst nuclear accident in history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8382139/Japan-crisis-third-explosion-raises-spectre-of-nuclear-nightmare.html

"In a nationally televised statement, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said radiation had spread from the four stricken reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant along Japan's northeastern coast. The region was shattered by Friday's 9.0-magnitude earthquake and the ensuing tsunami that is believed to have killed more than 10,000 people, plunged millions into misery and pummeled the world's third-largest economy."

OK, can this reach the USA?

"In a nationally televised statement, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said radiation had spread from the four stricken reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant along Japan's northeastern coast. The region was shattered by Friday's 9.0-magnitude earthquake and the ensuing tsunami that is believed to have killed more than 10,000 people, plunged millions into misery and pummeled the world's third-largest economy."

OK, can this reach the USA?

OK...just watched a little blurb from ABC News this morning....

This is what I wanna know.?

How much fish comes to us here in the US from the Eastern Pacific off the coast of Japan? Here's why...the expert on radiation that I just watched, said that the big problem in Chernobyl was that the rain came and damped down the radioactivity into the surrounding grass. The cows ate the grass, and for YEARS later the people that ate the beef and drank the milk from those contaminated cows, had an inordinantly high death rate of thyroid cancer!

See where I'm going with this? It's been raining there...alot! The release of the radiation is floatting out among other directions, over the sea. The rain is taking it down into the ocean!

OMG! Could the Mayans have been right? This is shaping up to be the single greatest tragedy of our time guys. :(

How much fish comes to us here in the US from the Eastern Pacific off the coast of Japan? Here's why...the expert on radiation that I just watched, said that the big problem in Chernobyl was that the rain came and damped down the radioactivity into the surrounding grass. The cows ate the grass, and for YEARS later the people that ate the beef and drank the milk from those contaminated cows, had an inordinantly high death rate of thyroid cancer!

See where I'm going with this? It's been raining there...alot! The release of the radiation is floatting out among other directions, over the sea. The rain is taking it down into the ocean!

OMG! Could the Mayans have been right? This is shaping up to be the single greatest tragedy of our time guys. :(

OK....you need to get some sleep............................... :hysterical:

I see what you are saying and agree 100%. It's the "Trickle Down Theory".

IMO, I believe that the earth and oceans are far too large for this to be a concern; I think it will be essentially undetectable. The Greenies will attempt to blame everything on it. As bad as Chernobyl was, the total overall death rate forecasted (I think maybe 50 have died to date?) is about 1000 people as I understand it.

With respect to cars...

One of the major Japanese companies that are impacted by the earthquake and tsunami include car and motorcycle manufacturer Honda. Four out of their five production facilities are now closed because of the devastation.

Nissan, another major automobile manufacturer, reports that all six of its production facilities are now closed.

Toyota appears to be the hardest hit right now with all 12 of their production facilities closed.

OMGoodness...I just heard that there has been a hydrogen explosion and the fuel rods in reactor #6, I think?, are totally exposed, and have NO water on them anymore!!!? Someone is gonna have to go in there and address this, no?

In a strange twist of fate...this could lend a new meaning to the term Kamikaze? :(

OMGoodness...I just heard that there has been a hydrogen explosion and the fuel rods in reactor #6, I think?, are totally exposed, and have NO water on them anymore!!!? Someone is gonna have to go in there and address this, no?

In a strange twist of fate...this could lend a new meaning to the term Kamikaze? :(

They have been using Water Cannons, the ones they use to disperse Crowds with.

This is a huge event for Japan. Unfortunately, they live on a relatively volatile landscape. The west coast of the USA is also due for another big quake. It's just part of the earth's natural evolution. To be honest, I have been concerned with nuclear power plants for years, here and abroad.

In the 80's I was working as a carpenter building a nuke plant in Western Washington. The reactor containment vessel is the size of a football field standing on end. It's built with 2-1/2" of welded steel plate and that's surrounded with 7 feet of concrete with #11 re-bar (1-3/8") 60 feet long. The foundation under the reactor vessel is 9 feet thick. There are also 2 concrete walls surrounding the vessel and those walls are 5 feet thick. The re-bar in the walls and slabs are places on 6 inch centers, that's 6 inches each way that's 6 inches horizontal and 6 inches lateral for one mat and there are 2 mats each side per wall with a lot of additional re bar, all #11 bar.

Knowing how these plants are built it's just amazing to see them explode as we saw on TV.

It's so sad what's happening in Japan.

I think it is alot worse than the media and Japanese govt. is eluding too. Poor, poor people. :cry:

On another note, our govt. should come up with a way to contain it, and move it to be dropped over Afghan-a-crap.mail.gifrip.gif

Archived