TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KB 2.8LC install

• 1 month later...

No I still have the stock hood, but I do have 1/2" lowered motor mounts

So you didn't have to notch the stock hood or remove the hood blanket?

What lowering kit did you use?

(Looks awesome BTW)

So you didn't have to notch the stock hood or remove the hood blanket?

What lowering kit did you use?

(Looks awesome BTW)

No you do not have to notch hood or remove blanket if you use lowered motor mounts.

I suggest these

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-engine-motor-mounts-c-2052_2266_7837/lethal-performance-05-10-mustang-adjustable-motor-mounts-p-30158

No you do not have to notch hood or remove blanket if you use lowered motor mounts.

I suggest these

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-engine-motor-mounts-c-2052_2266_7837/lethal-performance-05-10-mustang-adjustable-motor-mounts-p-30158

Oh, that's great news!

BTW, did you have any vibration or driveability issues?

Thanks guys!

I suggest these

http://www.lethalper...-mounts-p-30158

I done the KB 2.8lc install, and I used the Lethal motor mounts but I still had to notch and repaint the underside of the hood. If you have done this install please tell me how you done it without notching the hood. Thanks Greg

Edit for praises: Your car looks fantastic, good job.

I done the KB 2.8lc install, and I used the Lethal motor mounts but I still had to notch and repaint the underside of the hood. If you have done this install please tell me how you done it without notching the hood. Thanks Greg

Edit for praises: Your car looks fantastic, good job.

Thx for the praises

Im not sure what year your Shelby is, but I believe the 07-09 has a little more underhood clearance than the 10-12.

Where did you get that GREEN belt? What brand is it? What's the length? I want one...

The green belt is Gates HD belt. I have the K100879HD. The "879" in the part number is the length 87.9"

Find a auto parts store that carries Gates belts and they should have a catalog to look at the shows the different lengths. The Gates "Green Stripe" and the Green HD come in different lengths

• 1 month later...

Got a good start on the install last night and this morning. So far it's been pretty straight up. That giant slab of chrome sure looks good sitting in there. As a note to those interested.... My kit came with new billet motor mounts! Sure wish I would have noticed that before I notched the hood brace. I am going to paint the underside of the hood so it should look cool anyway. My kit did not come with the info sheet for the flashing tool. For those of you who have tried to contact KB you know how much fun that is. More to come>>>>

I had to notch the hood a little even with billet engine lowering mounts.

SHelby Engine Bay (6-13) 011.JPG

SHelby Engine Bay (6-13) 011.JPG

Archived