TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Convertible and Recaros

Madlock

Although they're far from being a full-body racing shell, I really like the idea of the Recaro option for 2012 - they at least offer a stylish way to have an OE 4-point restraint compatible seat for those who will be tracking their cars.

I'd also agree they're attractive in their own way - but although I've yet to sit in one, I suspect there may be an understandable trade-off in comfort for utility. This raises the question of just how much sense they make for the convertible. The convertible handles VERY well, but most people who intend to track their cars (I presume) would go for the Coupe for the chassis dynamics and safety factors. Yes, roll cages can be installed in convertibles, but I'd presume that to be a relatively rare affair - hence the Recaro seats probably would be rare too in convertibles for any other reason but show.

Does this make sense?

Have a look at Classifieds section under Shelby GT :)

???

Back to the seats at - hand, the Ford Racing seats are going to go for about the same price per set anyway. Unless you happen to have BK-on-BK interior, you might as well know what you're getting from FR and re-skin them with parts desk leather for a few bucks more.

???

Back to the seats at - hand, the Ford Racing seats are going to go for about the same price per set anyway. Unless you happen to have BK-on-BK interior, you might as well know what you're getting from FR and re-skin them with parts desk leather for a few bucks more.

$800 per set?? from FR ?? I doubt it! And the FR ones when they do come out will have the ford Racing logo embroidered on them. Since I do have BK-onBK interior, these solid black Recaro's from Ford will work perfect. Have a look at the classifieds and you'll see these for sale at $800 per pair!

$800 per set?? from FR ?? I doubt it! And the FR ones when they do come out will have the ford Racing logo embroidered on them. Since I do have BK-onBK interior, these solid black Recaro's from Ford will work perfect. Have a look at the classifieds and you'll see these for sale at $800 per pair!

Oh, I see. I was referring to the other $1,200.00 ones. My plan was otherwise to buy the FR seats and re-skin them in the correct leather from the parts desk - that is if I don't trade my '11 coupe for a '12 'vert - or if i trade for an '11 vert instead. I love my coupe, but I've always wanted a convertible. And if I keep it for as long as I hope, a classic convertible is almost always preferable.

What's the correct color? I doubt you'll be able to get skins for these seats without paying a lot to have some custom made.

The correct color is whatever's keyed to the exterior stripe. It's no big deal - you just order the seat leather from the parts desk like any other part.

I wish the seats in my S/C Shelby convertible had more side bolstering.

The Shelby upgrade package available on the Store site has the sport foam option that increases the bolsters and the lumbar significantly when the leather interior is upgrades. Give us a call and we can fix you up.

gary disney 949-305-7818 or check out he web site at designerautoaccessories.com We are the authorized provider of Shelby upgrade interiors.

Archived