TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pin INstallation Kit

DNTGTBT

What gives??? I purchased a set of Billet GT500 Hood Pins at the end of December and have been waiting on the Installation Kit since then! The Installation Kit is still not available. Can anyone give me the details on the hardware so I can go out on my own and get what I need to install the thread inserts?

What gives??? I purchased a set of Billet GT500 Hood Pins at the end of December and have been waiting on the Installation Kit since then! The Installation Kit is still not available. Can anyone give me the details on the hardware so I can go out on my own and get what I need to install the thread inserts?

I have it here somewhere at home ( the install print out I will try and post it later today ,,if I forget please send me a email at , RMSwitzer@cableone.net

It simply baffles me that a hood pin set that requires an installation kit doesn't come with the installation kit... :banghead:

Let me "de-baffle" it for you. The majority of the pin kits are sold to installers who don't require the install kit because they have their own. Thus, including the kit drives the cost up across the board.

Well, what I think I am going to do is find out what thread the pins are and get my parts from McMaster-Carr. I know they have the roller bearing that I need. Just need to find out the threadsert size, maybe a stainless option instead of a zinc one will do :headscratch: . I was hoping to find an easy answer that someone already had. Thanks for your replys thus far! :D

Let me "de-baffle" it for you. The majority of the pin kits are sold to installers who don't require the install kit because they have their own. Thus, including the kit drives the cost up across the board.

So if SAI sells the pin kits, why not include the installation kit in the with the pin kit. Who gives a $hit if it costs $30 more. Sometimes SAI halfasses the small stuff :rant2: I also have a pin kit waiting for the installation kit :banghead:

• 7 years later...

Archived