TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy

sigsauer

Hey all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I recently joined Team Shelby and tonight I placed my order for a 2012 GT500. I was able to jump in on my local dealers allocation, change the order and get the car I wanted. Feels great as this has been a long time dream. I have a photo of myself at 10 yrs old in the pits at Englishtown standing in front of a green 1967 GT500. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I hope to replicate that photo, 31 years later, with my own car.

She'll hopefully be here at the end of May, beginning of June, depending on the outcome of the plant fire.

I'd love to join up with everyone after I pick it up, or maybe before, if you don't mind a custom v-twin or a Jeep crashing the Shelby party.

See you soon,

Welcome Sig! While I am not from the North, I can tell you that you are surrounded by a GREAT group of guys. You will be welcomed no matter what you own or drive. There are a lot of happenings planned for your area this year.

But hey, you really need to give us a few more details on the car. Cant just say you ordered a 2012 and not give details! :finger::hysterical:

But hey, you really need to give us a few more details on the car. Cant just say you ordered a 2012 and not give details!

Besides more details about the car, I want a few more details about you, given your handle (whatever you are willing to share). If you open the trunk of my SGT, you will see a SigSauer sticker. Welcome to the group. Time will probably crawl between now and May.

Jim

Hey all,

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I recently joined Team Shelby and tonight I placed my order for a 2012 GT500. I was able to jump in on my local dealers allocation, change the order and get the car I wanted. Feels great as this has been a long time dream. I have a photo of myself at 10 yrs old in the pits at Englishtown standing in front of a green 1967 GT500. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I hope to replicate that photo, 31 years later, with my own car.

She'll hopefully be here at the end of May, beginning of June, depending on the outcome of the plant fire.

I'd love to join up with everyone after I pick it up, or maybe before, if you don't mind a custom v-twin or a Jeep crashing the Shelby party.

See you soon,

Welcome Sig!

We have lots going on here in the PA/NJ/NY area. A meet and greet on April 16. And huge Ford National at Carlisle show on June 4-6.

What kind of jeep do you have?

I love Jeeps... :superhero:

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

Welcome Sig-

Congrats on your order, keep after the dealer for your VIN, as that's the telltale sign your car is going to get built.

Its a long wait, but feel free to tap the knowledge base here ANYTIME... Lots of good folks here (and a couple of clunkers) but all in all lots of good info.

Hope your wait goes fast.

GUS

Welcome to Team Shelby Sig and congrats on the Shelby........we have tons of events going on this year......

and you are in the right place, lots of great folks here always willing to help if you have any questions.....

and some clunkers....... :hysterical:

:bag:

Welcome. The '12 500's are very nice. Love to meet you at any our low key get togethers. Always remember, cars, forums, car shows, track days, etc are supposed to be fun. While there may be a few bad apples around, the TS group is a great group of people. Enjoy the wait!

:bag:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As for the sign in handle, SigSauer is my weapon of choice and was my duty weapon with the NYPD. I retired last December and now consult on security matters for corporations and individuals.

I was lucky enough to attend their shooting academy in N. Hampshire for several courses and I'm waiting for Spring to finally get here to attend a few more.

I have the 2011 Grand Cherokee. Great truck! The build quality and attention to detail is great for a truck that is moderately priced.

The Shelby on order is Ingot Silver, stripe delete, SVTPP and Recaros. Now for suggestions on mod's. What works and what doesn't. Opinions please..... :burnout:

Yo

I'm a firm believer you need the get out and drive the car the way you like to drive - track, strip, cruising, shows, etc - long before thinking mods. You know ford does employee some pretty smart engineers and your car right off the showroom floor is a spectacular machine.

Tony is 100 % dead on correct. Wait until you get the car and drive it for a month or so to get a baseline "feeling" for your car. Then mod from there based on what you plan on doing the most (shows,track,street, etc...). I'm already drooling over the Recaros. Keep us posted with any news on your car.

Andy

Tony is 100 % dead on correct. Wait until you get the car and drive it for a month or so to get a baseline "feeling" for your car. Then mod from there based on what you plan on doing the most (shows,track,street, etc...). I'm already drooling over the Recaros. Keep us posted with any news on your car.

Andy

I agree with both of you. I don't think I'll look to modify it beyond a strut tower brace and some reconfiguration of the intake to fit the brace. I also plan on ordering just the rocker decals and adding them to the car. If Ford had the option of just the rocker decals and the black interior, minus stripes, that's what I would have preferred.

Thanks again

Welcome aboard!

As others have said, you will find great folks here who share the passion.

When you have your car you can register her at the link below.

Any questions you might have feel free of course to ask.

David

Welcome Sig,

I can tell we're going to be friends just by your taste in cars! :superhero:

Check out our Post for the NYIAS on April 22nd...

As it says above (below the tabs) - Instead > New Guy, put in the thread for the NYAIS!

Maybe we will get a chance to meet-up! :grouphug:

-QC

Oh, BTW - leave the real Sigsauer home! :hysterical2:

Welcome Sig,

Lots of great events going on this year. Check them out in the stickies at the top of this forum.

Get out and drive that car their alot of fun :shift:

If you need anything send me a PM

The people here are great and alot of fun, enjoy your car and everything Team Shelby has to offer.

John Keller

Team Shelby North East Regional Director

Welcome Sig,

Lots of great events going on this year. Check them out in the stickies at the top of this forum.

Get out and drive that car their alot of fun :shift:

If you need anything send me a PM

The people here are great and alot of fun, enjoy your car and everything Team Shelby has to offer.

John Keller

Team Shelby North East Regional Director

No offense John.......but there are great events that are NOT stickies as well. :shades: :hysterical:

Welcome Sig,

I can tell we're going to be friends just by your taste in cars! :superhero:

Check out our Post for the NYIAS on April 22nd...

As it says above (below the tabs) - Instead > New Guy, put in the thread for the NYAIS!

Maybe we will get a chance to meet-up! :grouphug:

-QC

Oh, BTW - leave the real Sigsauer home! :hysterical2:

Ok I'll bring the Glock!!! Yeah, the 22nd sounds good, I should be able to make it. I'll follow the thread

post-32347-0-56738800-1299981445_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-56738800-1299981445_thumb.jpg

Ok I'll bring the Glock!!! Yeah, the 22nd sounds good, I should be able to make it. I'll follow the thread

Did you mention Glock? \

BuschEastLRP012.jpg

BuschEastLRP010.jpg

Beauty and the Beast - Michelle and I at LRP Busch North Event.

"Welcome Sig! While I am not from the North, I can tell you that you are surrounded by a GREAT group of guys. You will be welcomed no matter what you own or drive. There are a lot of happenings planned for your area this year."

LOL.....no offense taken.....but here are Shelby Gals here too! ;-)

Welcome Sig! Don't forget to stop by the Team Shelby booth at the NY Auto Show and say hello!

Happy Cruising!

Archived