TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Black KR on Showroom Floor Still (NEW)

BIKEBOY

Hey all,

I was at my local dealership here in Hamilton NJ the other day inquiring about my donor car for a GT350. They still have a black KR on the floor (brand new) inside out of the weather. There is a sign hanging from the rear view that states: "Steal this KR for just $60K" It has flat black stripes.

Not my favorite color for a KR, but I know alot of you all dig it! I am NOT associated with these guys nor do I care if they sell it. Just wanted to pass it on to someone that may be jonesin' for a black one!

Cheers,

BB

they posted the car on SVTperformance and were told they're nuts asking $60k LoL. they posted on ebay as well. car looked nice.

Yeah...you know, it's funny on KR's.....They are priced 'all over the place'! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on the pricing?

Of course today, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. This economy is the worst in our lifetimes, and the only way you can sell anything is to get it out in front of as many people as you can! It ain't like the old days....advertise in your local paper, and have five people interested that weekend. Right in your hometown. Those days are over...at least for now.

Thank goodness for the internet! And car carriers!! :happy feet:

You never know. Years from now guys may be kicking themselves that they didn't "grab that KR when they had the chance".

History repeats itself more often then not. In 1968 there were many forleorn and sad 427 Cobras sitting on dealer lots. Dealers couldn't give them away. How many of you would like to go back in time and visit some of those dealer lots?

You never know. Years from now guys may be kicking themselves that they didn't "grab that KR when they had the chance".

History repeats itself more often then not. In 1968 there were many forleorn and sad 427 Cobras sitting on dealer lots. Dealers couldn't give them away. How many of you would like to go back in time and visit some of those dealer lots?

Nahhh...probbly not...I would have only been 7 and couldn't even drive it anyway!!!! :hysterical2:

If you're into getting a KR, this is a good price. Start negotiating, maybe get them down a little more!! If I could go back and get a 68KR for $4,500 or a 427 Cobra for that matter, holly cow!! What fun would that be...

This car is an investment. An investment in my fun and my kids futures.

The way this dealership does business I would stay away from, they had been offering this car on the internet for far less and then spring the KR added cost to the total.

Tout

That's right......that was you last summer huh? I seem to remember them dickin' with ya!

??????????????????? :angry2:

Ford had 2KRs from a couple of defunct Cali dealerships they were trying to unload last summer, both with less than 100miles, one Red one Silver, red 55K Silver 51K,

80is a dream. Return will occur, just like on the originals,30+ years down the road. They are great cars, greed just put too many people off.

If I owned one , it would spend lots of time on the road!

Doc Sott

Hey guys...I went to the dealer today and took some pictures of this car. They are too large of KB's for me to post them up. If anyone would like them , pm me and I will e-mail them to you.

EDIT- Robert, if you see this...not sure if you guys care about the new ones, but...vin# 1ZVHT88S795141336

Or open in photobucket and resize it's poc!

Come on Chris... :finger:

Have you ever seen a car like this? It's not a KR. But I like it, I like it a lot!!! :superhero:

IMG00030-20110315-1346.jpg

The owner of the car on the left is a terrible steward!!! Is that stripe grey, or blue?!!!! :hysterical:

Nothing that can't be corrected... :)

Did the salesmen talk with you at Haldemans? Or did they sit down and do nothing?

My sales guy was there.....

He told me to tell you that the sales guy that brought the KR to ?Roebelings? last summer...says Hi! He remembers you from Sunday as well. Said he saw you get out of the 500 with your kids? Says the kid that helped/didn't help ya...is an 'idiot'! Just came over from their Nissan store, and knows nothing about the KR's. He figured that he walked away nervous that you might show him up with more knowledge!!! :hysterical:

You are evidentally overqualified to do any car buying / tire-kicking Peter!!! :hysterical2:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived