TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Project CPU starts next week

LL CS6

Good luck !.

I'd like to see how this turns out...

Why a carputer ??

Thanks Randy, install shouldn't be too bad.

I choose the carputer over the Avic and others for a couple of reasons. Having a full blown PC in your car just seems cool to me also the software is alot more comprehesive and can be customized to the user. The gps software I'm running is Garmin Mobile pc, using the computer's internet connection (Wifi or Smartphone) and based of your gps location, you can search for nearest gas stations (price,grade of fuel) hit the button and bingo turn by turn directions.

I found some kick a$$ weather software that gives doppler and next rad real time radar based on your gps location, plus Ill have a web cam in the car to do 1/4 and driveing vid's, I'll have pc HD radio hooked up and OBDII software to monitor realtime engine data. I'll be running pure digital sound from the PC to the 6.1 amp via Toslink connection.

Plus I'll be adding the Slimer touch with some custom designed apperance mods.

I'll take some before and after shots in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Randy, install shouldn't be too bad.

I choose the carputer over the Avic and others for a couple of reasons. Having a full blown PC in your car just seems cool to me also the software is alot more comprehesive and can be customized to the user. The gps software I'm running is Garmin Mobile pc, using the computer's internet connection (Wifi or Smartphone) and based of your gps location, you can search for nearest gas stations (price,grade of fuel) hit the button and bingo turn by turn directions.

I found some kick a$$ weather software that gives doppler and next rad real time radar based on your gps location, plus Ill have a web cam in the car to do 1/4 and driveing vid's, I'll have pc HD radio hooked up and OBDII software to monitor realtime engine data. I'll be running pure digital sound from the PC to the 6.1 amp via Toslink connection.

Plus I'll be adding the Slimer touch with some custom designed apperance mods.

I'll take some before and after shots in a couple of weeks.

WoW...sounds awesome..

Please keep us posted on your progress and I'd like to see some video of this system in action.

I love tecky stuff as much as performance stuff and this seems like a great fit..

• 2 weeks later...

Finally done, took 4 days and some re-engineering but it's done. here is before and after pic's.

I haven't decided on the user interface yet, leaning towards Centrafuse. Also I haven't completed my mounting setup in the trunk will post pic's when completed.

Everything works HD radio,GPS,Web cam and Bluray player and internet.

post-18963-0-94305300-1300502262_thumb.jpg

post-18963-0-38205900-1300502285_thumb.jpg

post-18963-0-16696700-1300502302_thumb.jpg

post-18963-0-94305300-1300502262_thumb.jpg

post-18963-0-38205900-1300502285_thumb.jpg

post-18963-0-16696700-1300502302_thumb.jpg

Archived