TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PDI HELP!

mrfarmdog

My car arrived at the dealer and I asked to see the PDI form and all they pulled out was a standard form that they use for all cars. They do not have anything else nor are they aware of anything special they should do. I have tried searching and can not find it on the site. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

My car arrived at the dealer and I asked to see the PDI form and all they pulled out was a standard form that they use for all cars. They do not have anything else nor are they aware of anything special they should do. I have tried searching and can not find it on the site. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks!

The biggest issue is to make sure they take off the valet tune.

Wrong! you do not have to stop and turn off car.

Yes without doing the J10 your car will get more boost but not what it should.

The J10 is a mandatory on the PDI. Just do it yourself and you willmost likely see an improvement on how it runs. Disconnect neg batt cable for 10minutes (sheet says 10 seconds) reconnect then turn on key then turn off without starting engine. Then its done. No need to go to dealer to have this done.

The neg batt cable bolt is torqued to 44 in lb

If you do NOT turn key on and then off after the reset it will store DTC P0507 code. The MIL will not illuminate but code will be set and will cause a high idle condition

Our master mechanic claims you do not need to disconnect the battery cable. He said that was at first but changed where you needed to drive it for 5 miles.

I checked the OASIS again and it appears they changed it to saying you need to drive 5 miles or 50 starts to reset. When I got my car back in Aug. the OASIS said you had to drive at least 5 miles and then turn off the ignition and restart it again. Or until 50 starts.

So what is correct?

Driving 5 miles or disconnecting the battery cable or are you suppose to do both?

I know they didn't disconnect the battery cable on mine when they did the PDI. Our mechanic said that was no longer required and the car only needed to be driven at least 5 miles which we did that, but never the disconnected the battery cable.

So if I disconnect the negative cable and wait 10 minutes then turn key on and off without starting, are you saying that will improve it with getting more power?

Archived