TEAM SHELBY FORUM

finaly cammed

well me and the local mustang club(boldmovestulsa.com) got together last weekend and had a big tech day, did work on a lightning and installed a ton of parts on several mustangs(pulleys, cams, brakes etc) we got ALOT done.

heres my shelby GT with mutha thumper cams installed. took about 5 hours cause we were going slow making sure we didnt bend a valve. i really really wish i had done this years ago. honestly they sound amazing, the sound quality doesnt do these cams justice. misses the low thump these cams give. still needs to be tuned, hope to have that done this weekend. i cant wait to drive it!

ENJOY!

sweet! Love that sound, maybe next year for me, I'm just now enjoing the supercharger!

well me and the local mustang club(boldmovestulsa.com) got together last weekend and had a big tech day, did work on a lightning and installed a ton of parts on several mustangs(pulleys, cams, brakes etc) we got ALOT done.

heres my shelby GT with mutha thumper cams installed. took about 5 hours cause we were going slow making sure we didnt bend a valve. i really really wish i had done this years ago. honestly they sound amazing, the sound quality doesnt do these cams justice. misses the low thump these cams give. still needs to be tuned, hope to have that done this weekend. i cant wait to drive it!

ENJOY!

ENJOY!

Very COOL!!!!!

ENJOY!

OUTSTANDING! Are those the FRP Hot Rod cams?

Don

Jba longtubes 1 7/8th inch primaries into 3 inch collectors

3 inch off-road h-pipe

JBA high flow mufflers with "Shelby by JBA" tips

mutha thumper cams

CMPD

GT500 thorttle body

highflow elbow

Steeda UDP's

i've been kicking the idea of buying ford racings new intake just not sure i really need it yet.

the cams specs are 234/254

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1434&sb=2

im really happy with how they sound. very deep rumble. i'll keep every one updated. she goes on the dyno this weekend.

Now that is music, really. Very very cool.

PS: 5 hours for the cam install, that is fast and accurate work.

EDITED:

haha i thought it was pretty slow. that was 5 hours with a lunch break in between. intersting note. the driver side cam takes forever but the passenger side is pretty easy.

theyr not tuned yet. prolly going to set the idle at 650-800. i like the slow lope. looks like she'll be on the dyno this weekend. going to weld up relocation brackets then as well. cant wait to hit the track with them.

I was the same way at first having my idle set at 750. I had another guy telling me he had his set at 950 which I thought was way too high but he said it helped out the drive-ability alot. I shrugged it off but after setting mine to 850, I can honestly say it does help out slow takeoffs. Just something to keep in mind.

just raised my idle from 700 to 750. bout to raise it to 800 lol she bogs alittle when coming off the throtlle. oh well this tune just has to get her to the tuner friday. sounds amazing when idling at a stop light. i live in a hilly wooded area, the echo is amazing

just raised my idle from 700 to 750. bout to raise it to 800 lol she bogs alittle when coming off the throtlle.

This seems to be a rather common complaint, especially with manual trans.

I sometimes get the "bog" as well, particularly when engine temps are still on the low side. I'll have to check idle RPMs over the weekend...if it ever stops snowing/raining/sleeting.

Seems like there should be a happy in-between. The desireable cam stutter sound is most pronounced at lower RPMs, but a potential drag (no pun intended) in heavy stop-and-go New York traffic.

Jba longtubes 1 7/8th inch primaries into 3 inch collectors

3 inch off-road h-pipe

JBA high flow mufflers with "Shelby by JBA" tips

mutha thumper cams

CMPD

GT500 thorttle body

highflow elbow

Steeda UDP's

i've been kicking the idea of buying ford racings new intake just not sure i really need it yet.

the cams specs are 234/254

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1434&sb=2

im really happy with how they sound. very deep rumble. i'll keep every one updated. she goes on the dyno this weekend.

Sounds great I'm think of the off road pipes

yeah i dont want to have to worry about it dying on me. will prolly get ironed out when we tune it.

the off road H gives it a very deep rumble. TOTALY worth it!. the one thing to keep in mind is you need a good pair of mufflers or its insanely loud non of this bullet style muffler crap.

yeah i dont want to have to worry about it dying on me. will prolly get ironed out when we tune it.

the off road H gives it a very deep rumble. TOTALY worth it!. the one thing to keep in mind is you need a good pair of mufflers or its insanely loud non of this bullet style muffler crap.

I have cherry bomb mufflers with the off road pipes it should have a nice deep sound .. Enjoy the music no sound can compare to the rumble and add the smell of racing fuel.it's like Victory :hysterical: If they could make a cigar or pipe tobacco that smelled of racing fuel that would make life just more enjoyable

Archived