TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 'NEW' (other) TS Forum Friends

There is a bit of irony here. I joined another forum last week, and oddly it's also called TS !?

Tundra Solutions.com It's a forum for Toyota owners of all, but primarily for Tundra owners of all vintages. It has been a plethera of info for me as I am now a Toyota owner again. I purchased a brand new Toyota Tundra 2WD 2010 model regular cab short box for my DD. I sold the Xploder last month to the first person that called, one day after hitting the click button on Ebay! Amazing!

I found this truck on Ebay, as well. It was a 25 mile survivor on a lot in Wisconsin. They have had it for about 15 months! Mostly because it's a 2wd. In Wisconsin, people believe they need 4WD. This truck has traction control, and I have new tires and wheels coming this week. With the Nitto Terra Grapplers that I have coming, this combo should be just fine for the snow here in Jersey.

I am lifting the front end this week too. Getting rid of the stinkbug look. It has a 4.6L V8 with 310hp. It scoots pretty good actually? VERY, VERY comfortable!! And.....quiet. Unbelievably quiet? However, the exhaust note is worthy of a Shelby owner. I like that! :drool: As the carrier pulled up to deliver it to me this past Friday, I noticed how enormous the exhaust pipes are. Duals coming off the motor into a giant round 'performance' looking muffler, and then exits out singley, again with a giant sized pipe. Toyota is now in the game man!! I drove the new F150, the new F250 6.2 gas motor and a few year old Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4 and NONE of these trucks held a torch to this new Tundra...IMO. Mileage figures are...15 city 20 hwy. It almost pains me to write these dogging comments to my faithful FORD Motor Co. But...it is what it is? Sorry Mr. Mulally.

In the coming days, I will post some pics of this bad boy with my new wheels and tires and the chrome door handle and mirror covers. Funny too...they wanted to see the SHELBY. I have posted a bunch of pics of my 500 there. Amazing how many Tundra owners have Mustangs!? :headscratch: They began posting pictures of all of their cars too.

Lastly...wouln't ya know...someone there has the sig. of BIKEBOY. Sooooo, I had to be SHELBYBIKEBOY there. :hysterical: I've yet to talk to whomever 'HE' is.

EDIT- Added my sig. photo for the Tundra site. The 'squished' shorty!!

I'm curious to hear whether you're actually getting that 20 mpg on the highway with the V8.I had an FJ for a couple years that I very lightly modded (TRD cold air intake, TRD catback exhaust, and JBA shorty headers). I ended up with 12-13 mpg out of it's NA V6.

Between the mileage and seriously lacking cargo space, I couldn't justify hanging on to it anymore.

To be clear guys...I am a tried and TRUE Ford lover! Probably the only reason I even considered a Toyota, is the fact that I sold Toyota parts way back in the day, for about ten years. I completely appreciate the fact that they are 'generally' speaking, reliable. But...after test driving the newest Ford offerings and a Dodge truck, I could not pull the trigger? I admit, it pains me. Alot! I don't know about you guys, but my money was hard earned...(I paid cash) and if I make a large purchase like this, I do my homework first and make sure my hard earned cash is being spent wisely!

:shift:

Party on Garth!

Nice truck! Good color choice too. I own 2 Toyotas right now, and don't have anything negitive to say about either one. I have 2 Fords as well, and I feel the same way about them.

Nice truck! Good color choice too. I own 2 Toyotas right now, and don't have anything negitive to say about either one. I have 2 Fords as well, and I feel the same way about them.

Thanks!!

I got it aligned today...(after raising the front yesterday)...and the tech. took it for a spin after the job, and he came back grinning ear to ear! He said, "I had NO idea that the Tundras were this nice!?"

:dance:

I have never owned a foreign car in my life. It must be my up bringing that I was raised in a blue collar state at the time. I have owned nothing but the blue oval since 86. Prior to that was real mix of Chevy and Chrysler products. I don't really care for the looks of the Tundra. It just looks too wierd to me. I went with the ultimate.......the Raptor.

DSC_0590.jpg

I think Toyota trucks were being built in the US. Tundra was being built in Texas, and Tacoma in California. I'm not sure if they still are.

They both r built in Texas now. Toyota doesn't use the california plant anymore I think tesla uses it to make their electric cars

Archived