TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS questions

I should be receiving my new wheels soon. Will I be able to reuse the TPMS and bands from the old wheels?

If I decide to leave the TPMS sensors OFF the new wheels, will it set off the low tire indication?

I should be receiving my new wheels soon. Will I be able to reuse the TPMS and bands from the old wheels?

If I decide to leave the TPMS sensors OFF the new wheels, will it set off the low tire indication?

TPMS sensors = YES they can be re-used.

The Old Bands need to be cut off and thus replaced.

YES, No TPMS will give you the low tire indication.

TPMS sensors = YES they can be re-used.

The Old Bands need to be cut off and thus replaced.

YES, No TPMS will give you the low tire indication.

Thank you !

I wonder if Discount Tire has replacement bands ; I'm thinking they must.

My low pressure light came on in the gauge cluster, it is yellow and looks like a tire and in the IUP the warning came up Low Pressure this afternoon, I'll check the tire pressure in the morning, sure it has to do with the cold weather. On my Pathfinder the TPM sensors read the pressure in each tire.

Just a note as to what happens, I didn't hear a beep though,,,,,,,,,,,, GG

^I've gotten a beep every time I turn the car on for over a year because of the TPMS. Since switching rims, the sensors have never worked right. They're off the car now getting powder coated though, so it's a good time to get it figured out.

My low pressure light came on in the gauge cluster, it is yellow and looks like a tire and in the IUP the warning came up Low Pressure this afternoon, I'll check the tire pressure in the morning, sure it has to do with the cold weather. On my Pathfinder the TPM sensors read the pressure in each tire.

Just a note as to what happens, I didn't hear a beep though,,,,,,,,,,,, GG

Checked the air this morning and all tires were around 25 pounds, kind of curious, what eveyone is running to balance wear and handling on their tires. Air them up and the sensor reset to normal with no issues.

GG

I just left mine off and hit the reset button when I get in the car. Screw those things.

Yeah, that will probably end up being my logic.

I got 20s the other day and realized how much TPMS straps/sensors would cost.

Then I thought to myself:

"More gov't intervention because they feel that people can't check their own tires - let's mandate tire pressure systems on cars.."

Bottom line: another gov't idea that will end up costing me money. :censored:

Yeah, that will probably end up being my logic.

I got 20s the other day and realized how much TPMS straps/sensors would cost.

Then I thought to myself:

"More gov't intervention because they feel that people can't check their own tires - let's mandate tire pressure systems on cars.."

Bottom line: another gov't idea that will end up costing me money. :censored:

My SGT don't have it, but my truck does :cry:

Really? I could have sworn it became standard for MY '07 vehicles..

On my sister's car (mercedes), it goes off if the tire is 1 psi low.. the whole darn gauge cluster lights up. :rant2:

My car was built in Nov. 06. Before the TPMS thing kicked in.

I have checked my window sticker many times over, I aint got it.

Yes, it is fed. mandated since '07 so I call my SGT a leftover '06 mustang.

I read a post somewhere recently where a guy got a length of pvc pipe, packed the sensors inside with bubble wrap, capped off the ends with a shrader valve in one end, and then pressurized it and put it in the trunk. Don't know if it would work or not, but it sounded good :shrug:

That's exactly what I've been using for almost 4 months now- a PVC tube with the four sensors inside it. Easy to make using a 2-2.5" pipe 6" long, threaded on both ends for the end caps, using pvc cement. One of the caps gets drilled for a screw in schrader valve. Finally, pressurize it to 30lbs. It does work....... for 20 mins, then the system gets smart. Somehow, the TPMS figures out the sensors aren't moving inside the tire (centrifugal force I suppose) and eventually turns on the warning light.

American Muscle sells the whole kit, bands, sensors and training tool for $150. http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit.html

They also sell just the bands and TPMS mounting clips for $60 for all 4 wheels. http://www.americanmuscle.com/universal-tpms-bands.html Good deal IMO.

Thank you !

I wonder if Discount Tire has replacement bands ; I'm thinking they must.

Yes they do. They sell the bands and all they do is move the sensor over, then they reset it. I had mine done at Discount tires i would call them and buy the bands in advance, sometimes they are out of stock.

Yes they do. They sell the bands and all they do is move the sensor over, then they reset it. I had mine done at Discount tires i would call them and buy the bands in advance, sometimes they are out of stock.

Oh...good suggestion; I'll call them 1st thing tomorrow morning. My wheels are arriving tomorrow, mounting KR tires on Friday, Texas Hill Country Shelby Cruise on Saturday...... :superhero:

Oh...good suggestion; I'll call them 1st thing tomorrow morning. My wheels are arriving tomorrow, mounting KR tires on Friday, Texas Hill Country Shelby Cruise on Saturday...... :superhero:

:rant2::banghead:

They delivered ONLY 3 of the wheels !!!!! 1 yesterday, 2 today !!!!!!! The last one is now supposed to arrive tomorrow night which is too late !!!!! They all shipped from the same location. The last one shipped out ONLY two hours after the 1st three ........ :banghead::rant2:

I ordered them on Feb. 19th !! :mad:

The car will look funky this way, but you should mount the rear's !!! :hysterical:

It would look real funky since the missing wheel is 10".... a 10" and a 9" in the rear..... :hysterical:

Archived