TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Sunday Project!

Well today I tinted my lights and also changed out my front turn signal lights with Euro Clear Blacks. The tint I used only blocks 20%, just wanted to take the edge off lights if you know what I mean.

When I did my fog project I upgraded the headlights and fog bulbs to Sylvania Xtra Vision bulbs.

lighttint.jpg

lighttint1.jpg

lighttint2.jpg

lighttint3.jpg

lighttint4.jpg

lighttint5.jpg

I like it. The driving lights look finished also, did you get a trim-wrap for the cut outs or did I miss something? Look really nice.

PS: Where did you get the finished panel in back, am I missing something again? :)

I have not done any trimming out of the fogs yet. The back panel is just the back of the car, its shiny lol!

I went out to the garage to look at my back panel, I can't, it is at Shelby! :hysterical:

It might be the lack of over the top stripes on Rich's car that's throwing you off! :lol:

Looks great, by the way. I especially like how those fogs came out.

I've never quite understood tinting the lights....why invest in brighter headlights to just make them dimmer by tinting them? And I want someone behind me to be blinded by my bright reds! LOL I guess it's different strokes for different folks...looks good though....just not my cup of tea.

I've never quite understood tinting the lights....why invest in brighter headlights to just make them dimmer by tinting them? And I want someone behind me to be blinded by my bright reds! LOL I guess it's different strokes for different folks...looks good though....just not my cup of tea.

Well it just gives the car a more darker look being the fastest color and all, hahaha! Seriously I am not 100% sold on the idea myself yet with the headlights being tinted. I have to do some night driving and see how it pans out. I just took the car out for a quick spin, and I am on the fence at the moment. It is bright enough to see, but is it as bright as I would like with the new bulbs as you say. I like the look, but I like seeing very well at night much more. So we will see! Thanks for your opinion!

Well today I tinted my lights and also changed out my front turn signal lights with Euro Clear Blacks. The tint I used only blocks 20%, just wanted to take the edge off lights if you know what I mean.

When I did my fog project I upgraded the headlights and fog bulbs to Sylvania Xtra Vision bulbs.

lighttint.jpg

lighttint1.jpg

lighttint2.jpg

lighttint3.jpg

lighttint4.jpg

lighttint5.jpg

Looks great next a lower grille

Well on my way down to San Francisco to get my wife from the airport, in the rain and winds and speeds of 75+ my cling on tint on the headlights on one side is MIA! So I removed the other side when I had stopped at the rest stop and noticed one missing. Then today, washing the car to get all the road grunge off, just running the sponge across the rear lights one of the others came loose. So I just took them all off. So back to normal, that is all folks. But will still be getting the lower grill.

Well on my way down to San Francisco to get my wife from the airport, in the rain and winds and speeds of 75+ my cling on tint on the headlights on one side is MIA! So I removed the other side when I had stopped at the rest stop and noticed one missing. Then today, washing the car to get all the road grunge off, just running the sponge across the rear lights one of the others came loose. So I just took them all off. So back to normal, that is all folks. But will still be getting the lower grill.

Now that is a long drive, down 101 I assume?

So now we all know the speed rating of the tinting is less than 75+

For almost 6 days though you had that stealth look.

CC

They make spray lense tint it work very nice

How difficult was it to chage the front turn signals to th euro type. Could you do it without taking the bumper off just from under the car.

Thanks

Soft Top

Yes you can do it without removing front bumper. But you do have to loosen the front section of the wheel well liners to allow removal and installation of the lights. The area that the clips into place is right near the wheel liner, so it cannot be done without removing. Other than that quick mod!

Yes you can do it without removing front bumper. But you do have to loosen the front section of the wheel well liners to allow removal and installation of the lights. The area that the clips into place is right near the wheel liner, so it cannot be done without removing. Other than that quick mod!

Where did you get the lights? I was searching online but came up empty.

CC

Archived