TEAM SHELBY FORUM

open for suggestions

With June of 2006 on it's way, and the gt500 supposably hitting the floors my father plans on buying one... but if it goes over $40,000 my dad doesn't have an interest cause that's way to much. As of now he has a 2006 gt black on black. If the case which is stated above about the car being over 40 grand we'd like to turn his car into a sleeper. I was looking for the best parts as far as super chargers, cold air intake, tuners, pullys etc. In the end we are looking to have atleast 450 on tap, which I know is a daunting task. None the less if you don't mind just put somthing on the table and it's appreciated. Aslo if theres any Floridians out on the forums we are looking to find a decent mechanic or shop to install it all. My dad is not rich or shnobby it's just the last car he worked on was like 80 somthing transam and I think its better that neither of us have a try at the car. Thanks for taking the time to read.

With June of 2006 on it's way, and the gt500 supposably hitting the floors my father plans on buying one... but if it goes over $40,000 my dad doesn't have an interest cause that's way to much. As of now he has a 2006 gt black on black. If the case which is stated above about the car being over 40 grand we'd like to turn his car into a sleeper. I was looking for the best parts as far as super chargers, cold air intake, tuners, pullys etc. In the end we are looking to have atleast 450 on tap, which I know is a daunting task. None the less if you don't mind just put somthing on the table and it's appreciated. Aslo if theres any Floridians out on the forums we are looking to find a decent mechanic or shop to install it all. My dad is not rich or shnobby it's just the last car he worked on was like 80 somthing transam and I think its better that neither of us have a try at the car. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Welcome to StangsUnleashed! :happy feet:

*If* it was me, I think I'd keep the existing GT. Reason being, unless it's paid for, the negative equity probably won't be pretty.

Have you looked into Kenne Bell or Whipple superchargers? I'm a huge fan of positive displacement superchargers, due to the fact that they provide "instant boost", rather than boost that builds. I'm not knocking centrifugal, it's just a matter of my preference after having both types.

Can you tell us more about the car? Is it a stick or an automatic? Do you do alot of highway driving in this car? Do you want it to be quiet as a church mouse, or do you want the car to be loud and obnoxious? With the answers to those questions, I'm sure we can clue you in on what gear ratio to choose, which exhaust will fit the bill, and where to start as far as bolt-ons. :yup:

P.S. How much street driving will the car see? Daily driver, or something the two of you will mess with on the weekends?

• 1 month later...

Geeze I didnt think anyone was going to respond to this with the time it took but I was wrong... Anyways It is a daily driver. None the less We don't care how loud and obnoxious it is. The car will be completely street and is driven to a job back and forth every day.

As of right now we've installed a k&n cold air kit, and a 62mm throttle body. our 0-60 right now is 5.46 seconds, and untill a supercharger were looking for the best mods to get us into the 4's. We are doing 4.10's, sct tuner, short or long tube headers, with h pipe cat back exaust,but not lal at once cause God knows that is damn expensive. I just want any bolt on or other minor mods that are the biggest bang for the buck and get the job done.

With that said we would like to find a super charger or even turbo if we have to for under 6 grand, which is just to much money. Whats a good priced supercharger or turbo. also Ive herd of good results from a kenne bell blower is that worth it.... Thanks for reading, NICK

+1 for a positive displacement blower- gives you that bigblock off idle effortless torque boost for everyday driving- if racing boost is boost, but for everyday 'fun' from stoplight to stoplight,bottom end torque is what you feel in the seat of the pants at every stoplight- its cool to slip the tires at low rpm too- attracts less attention from the cops than a loud revving motor...Magnuson is supposed to have theirs out any day now- street price supposedly aroud 3500 non-intercooled- if youre going racing, better figure another750 or so for intercooler/pump...The magnacharger is a rather huge unit, Kenne-Bell is relatively tiny- In my thinking the extra surface area and lower rpm required by the physically bigger rotors would mean less heating/more efficient/longer lasting due to reduced stresses on gears/belts, etc...who knows- 3500 sounds pretty appetizing to me though- I think thats around the cost of some centrifugals.

next up on the street, gears are probably most bang for the buck- but highway mpg/noise issues might make it a 'non-vacation' machine...unless you get a 6 speed to overdrive back to normal rpm at cruise :)

Biggest thing my car would HAVE to have for any consistency at the track would be new shifter- 3rd gear gate really frustrates me sometimes- way to easy to hang up trying to powershift to third...embarassing.

something to consider- 450hp might be a bad Idea from what Ive read- need some forged internals to flex the muscles in that range safely- If I ever do get a magnacharger, I would probably reduce revlimiter to 5-5500 to prevent having too much fun with it- I just miss the feel of a bigblock...another 100-120 ft-lb off idle would really wake this thing up :)

I understand completely, right now theres only a need for a low 400. 450 might just not be practical. I mean the cars advertised at 300 horses but with all the bolt ons so far and what we still have to do (We are doing 4.10's, sct tuner, short or long tube headers, with h pipe cat back exaust) it seems just as impractical. Id really like to get it into the 4's as far as 0-60 is concerned.

Archived