TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chrome Wheels From True Forged

busababy

I know allot of members have True Forged Rims that are polished. Wondering how many did the chrome option and has there been any issues with chrome? Reason I ask is I am going to order rims and now on the fence if I should chrome or polish. I don't want to spend 4 hours a rim

to keep the polish rims looking like new. I don't mind the sealing or waxing a few times a year if that keeps them new but hours every month I would hate. So thinking about chrome option and looking for your thoughts if you have any experience with this subject. This car is not a daily driver if that helps.

Thanks in advance

That is another option...the guy at CCW wants the owner to ad that but so far no go. Clear would project the shine just like it does on factory rims. Not sure what the down side to clearcoat would be...must be something because none of the wheel compaines are doing it that I know of. Maybe it chips off over time ?

Here in VA we are still in our winter months but hoping to pull the trigger this coming week. Have been waiting a long time for Shelby to make a rim that fits our car but know it will never happen unless you go 20's. Have no idea why he wouldn't have done Razors in 18 for the 07 and 08 owners but I guess he had his reasons. But CCW and True Forge and the like are filling that void for sure :)

That is another option...the guy at CCW wants the owner to ad that but so far no go. Clear would project the shine just like it does on factory rims. Not sure what the down side to clearcoat would be...must be something because none of the wheel compaines are doing it that I know of. Maybe it chips off over time ?

Here in VA we are still in our winter months but hoping to pull the trigger this coming week. Have been waiting a long time for Shelby to make a rim that fits our car but know it will never happen unless you go 20's. Have no idea why he wouldn't have done Razors in 18 for the 07 and 08 owners but I guess he had his reasons. But CCW and True Forge and the like are filling that void for sure :)

back in early 90's we had weld draglights, we polished them then cleand with glass cleaner then sprayed clear laquer over the wheel. this would last about two months on a daily driver!

I thought about going with Chrome as well but Steve talked me out of it. Main reason is you get one rock spun up on the lip and you have scratches. Can't remove scratches from Chrome but you can polish all kinds of problems out of a Polished Wheel. I own a set of the Trueforged Polished lip and clearcoated brushed centers. Unbelievably beautiful rims. I get compliments and stares every time I hit the road.

The maintenance is not as hard as you're fearing either. I just bought a small container of 1 step polish from Adams and only have to do it once every 3 or 4 months. My car is a weekend driver so it doesn't see any rain or road grime so that helps a bit there.

I wouldn't hesitate to get the polished lip. You can always buff it out if you curb rash one. They also look almost as bright as chrome when polished and cleaned.

Just my .02 but get whatever you ultimately desire..

California wheel chrome has done some sets for CCW it's an additional 1k for them to Chrome a set of wheels. I have a set of chrome Razors and won't go chrome again. It's pitted after one year of normal driving. Brakedust is a bitch on chrome and has caused me a headache. Polished can always be repolished. Rechroming is more expensive then replacing these wheels.

Thank you guys for your input. I love the look of chrome but in 18inch hard to find anything I like. It seems that polish is the way to go. My car sits more than anything and I don't mind cleaning them or even hand polish now and than. Just didn't want to remove the wheels from the car and always be working on them. To much work for me.

Archived