TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Install Pictures

stevedm

Tonight I started the process of installing some of my parts that have been accumulating all winter. First part will be the new rims, tires, sway bar relocation kit. This took about 2 hours going slow and careful. No spacers, no removal of dust boot or bumpstop bracket. The tires are 325/50-15. I hope someone finds this helpful or interesting...

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7817-1.jpg

Next up...lethal off road x-pipe, vmp pulley, sct tune from John Lund.

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7793.jpg

That's the measurements in mm....the 325 denotes the width, 50 the sidewall aspect ratio, and 15 is the wheel diameter that the tire fits on. Notice that even though the wheel is smaller in diameter the overall tire/wheel diameter is the same as stock?

That's because while the wheel is taller on the stock version the tire's sidewall is shorter, whereas on the drag radial it's vise versa.

OP...thanks for taking the time for pics. Awesome car man!

-Van

So that tire is 12.7 inches wide?? Yowza... How does he manage that without removing the dust boot or the bumpstop or adding a spacer like people have been doing all over these forums?

I want to buy either 20" Alcoas or an SVT rim and widen it but have been apprehensive after seeing that people haven't been able to go too wide....

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have a pair of 1/8" and 1/4" spacers "just in case". I drove a bit around the block last night and everything seemed fine. There are a couple of ford dealers on eBay that change the rims and sell the new 5.0 cars with 325 series right from the showroom floor so I figured it would likely work.

I also have the jlt carbon fiber mud flaps coming this week to help catch road debris.

So that tire is 12.7 inches wide?? Yowza... How does he manage that without removing the dust boot or the bumpstop or adding a spacer like people have been doing all over these forums?

I want to buy either 20" Alcoas or an SVT rim and widen it but have been apprehensive after seeing that people haven't been able to go too wide....

Fellow member 'big dan' has what I think are these exact rims and tire sizes. I think he added a small spacer but also didn't cut anything. I guess the proof is in the pudding. I love install threads like this. EXTREMELY relevant.

Those are wild lug nuts by the way...and is that the hub centric spacer?

i dont know much about tires and what 325/50/15 stands for...but how many inches wide are those? I was considering getting a set of widened alcoas or a pair of widened SVT wheels for the back.

Here's a link to his specific tire, other manufactures have slightly different specs

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3757R

Also no shock dust boot cutting required.

Fellow member 'big dan' has what I think are these exact rims and tire sizes. I think he added a small spacer but also didn't cut anything. I guess the proof is in the pudding. I love install threads like this. EXTREMELY relevant.

Those are wild lug nuts by the way...and is that the hub centric spacer?

Yes that is the required hub centric spacer.

Yes I have the same exact setup and my driver side tire was rubbing the bump stop bracket when it was up on the lift so I'm using a thin Mr. Gasket wheel spacer.

Let us know how it goes and make 100% sure it doesn't rub during all driving conditions on all different surfaces because the will cause the tire to self destruct in a bad way in the wheel well and you have a good chance of loosing control.

-_- I hate to see that you're getting rid of your sweet sounding factory H pipe in favor for Lethal's X. Oh well different strokes for different folks and it isn't like Lethal or any other company cares to make a 2011-12 off road H pipe. Beautiful car and I look forward to seeing it in the future. PM me if you're interested in selling your H pipe because I ruined mine up trying to make it custom.

Thanks

Tonight I started the process of installing some of my parts that have been accumulating all winter. First part will be the new rims, tires, sway bar relocation kit. This took about 2 hours going slow and careful. No spacers, no removal of dust boot or bumpstop bracket. The tires are 325/50-15. I hope someone finds this helpful or interesting...

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7817-1.jpg

Next up...lethal off road x-pipe, vmp pulley, sct tune from John Lund.

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7793.jpg

Just curious. What exactly do you have to do to the rear sway bar? Is there a kit you use for this? If so who makes it?

Thanks,

Just curious. What exactly do you have to do to the rear sway bar? Is there a kit you use for this? If so who makes it?

Thanks,

I had to relocate the rear sway bar forward slightly so the rim would not contact the bolt/bracket that holds it in place. The kit is sold by many vendors. I got mine through UPR products but I did not like their customer service so I would not return. Blow by racing is who I would go through.

I know your car is going to hook up way better and all but the down fall to me is the look man...the stock wheel looks soooooo much better on the car.......That is why if I were to ever go wider in the back, i think i will widen my stock wheel and go with a 305 0r 15.....

Love your color combo though,kona blue wit the red is HOT!!!

I know your car is going to hook up way better and all but the down fall to me is the look man...the stock wheel looks soooooo much better on the car.......That is why if I were to ever go wider in the back, i think i will widen my stock wheel and go with a 305 0r 15.....

You're right, the stock wheels are awesome.....thats why i only bought rear rims/tires. They are purely for traction and fun, not for looks. I have had lots of offers to buy my stock rears....but I defenitely want to keep them.

You're right, the stock wheels are awesome.....thats why i only bought rear rims/tires. They are purely for traction and fun, not for looks. I have had lots of offers to buy my stock rears....but I defenitely want to keep them.

Archived